Captain
# 41
12-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Deleting the .patch folder really shouldn't do anything, as the launcher (when working) would create a new one if missing. Keep the renamed folder around, and when we fix the launcher problem and you have patching issues you can copy the contents over to the .patch folder.

I really don't understand where does this problem come from. It affects people at random, at best, or maybe touching only Oceanics? Does Cryptic have 2 server blocks that they take down in succession before patch night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 42
12-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Cryptic! Wake the hell up! Fix the launcher!! Heck fix the whole darned game! We're waiting!
Ensign
# 43 Still not working!
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Hiya! I just started to have issues tonight. I was able to play today just fine but went to log on this evening is when I was having this issue. I download and installed the Nov 30 patch and still not working. I did the same thing as the Sept 13 patch and that one worked fine on install. Just can not get this one to work. I have deleted the old one and installed the new Nov 30 one and nothing. I have also check my ISP as suggested and still nothing. I have been try a couple hrs now and so looking for some help to get back into the game.
Lieutenant
# 44
12-05-2012, 06:24 PM
I just fixed this by using the .patch method.
Career Officer
# 45 Oh great! That's just great!
12-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh what a great idea. Didn't work. Not only that but I can't rename that folder back.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 46
12-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi Captains,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the launcher, can you please try downloading and using this launcher instead? http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 47
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

If you're still experiencing an issue with the launcher, can you please try downloading and using this launcher instead? http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Did NOT help me at all.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Ensign
# 48 Works now!
12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Works now thanks for that!
Lieutenant
# 49 This worked!
12-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thanks Brandon, this worked for me!! Hopefully this is the start of Cryptic making sure the latest and greatest launcher is available from the website EVERY time it gets updated...

Also, I seem to have this problem about every other update, along with the inhabitants of this thread. Now that Q's elves are done making our awesome Christmas present, er, ship, could you point them in the direction of this bug and ask them to squash it?

Thanks for the help!!
Captain
# 50
12-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Hell yes this works.

Though I'm really really really puzzled as to why this is even happening. And its only on my winXP computer. Just where is the bug coming from? oO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Closed Thread