Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Additional FED bridge sets
09-22-2012, 08:31 PM
I realise resources are stretched thin, the Federation has received the bulk of the attention, there are far more important things the developers could be focusing resources on, ect ect ect.

My question is this:

Are there any plans to introduce the additional bridge sets from Star Trek II-IV, VI and VII?

These would include the styles and setups seen on:

Reliant (St: II)
Grissom (St:III)
Saratoga (St:IV)
Enterprise (refit) 1701 (TMP-St:IV)*
Enterprise 1701-A (Star Trek V and VI)
Excelsior (St:III)
Exclesior (St:VI)
Enterprise 1701-B

*I realise the 'Enterprise' bridge on St:IV was on the 1701-A, but it is clearly a redress of the set used in the previous movies.

Anyhow, these bridge sets are just as iconic as the TOS constitution. Any chance of them making it into the game at some point?
Captain
# 2
09-25-2012, 05:07 PM
For the record, I would love to see more canon bridge sets in general.

The main problem for Cryptic / PWE is that at the moment, the core gameplay features (such as episode missions) aren't really tied into ship interiors, so as a result, they are seldom used. No company would invest in a private zone that sees little traffic.

That being said, I've written a small unofficial Google Docs proposal regarding player-customisable canon ship interiors, which you can find in the link under my sig.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots