Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
I am aware that mixing weapon energy types is typically a "no, no" in STO. But in the case of hybrid weapons such as the Phased Tetryon weapons, there should be no problem with mixing phased with regular tetryon weapons, right, since both are in fact tetryon-based weapons, right? Thanks in advance.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 2
08-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Both would gain the benefit from Tetryon consoles just as they would from Phaser consoles had you slotted pure Phaser weapons in. So technically you're not mixing energy types.
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 3
08-19-2012, 06:33 AM
Last I checked the Tet console buffed Phased Tet as well so you should be fine there. I've seen no such thing as a "Phased Tet" console.

Cheers and Happy Mixing!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 4
08-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks, folks. This was my thought as well.

@gradstudent1
Captain
# 5
08-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I thought the phaser boosting consoles wouldnt work? as the only phaser part is the Proc chance,

Damage is purely tetryon?

Like the disruptor/palsma hybrids, plasma consoles dont affect it if i am right?
Career Officer
# 6
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
plasma beam consoles affect the proc only.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
I am aware that mixing weapon energy types is typically a "no, no" in STO. But in the case of hybrid weapons such as the Phased Tetryon weapons, there should be no problem with mixing phased with regular tetryon weapons, right, since both are in fact tetryon-based weapons, right? Thanks in advance.
No, you can use the consoles that boost tetryon damage but if you mix a phased tetryon with a tetryon you will still cop the -10 weapon damage penalty.

Its irrelevant that it does the same type of damage, if it is a different weapon type as above you will cop the penalty.
Captain
# 8
08-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Ariseabove:

Thanks for your response. This is my main concern, that i would incur the -10 penalty. I may need to do some testing or just simply send a tweet to one of the devs to confirm your statement. I will let you all know if I find anything out.

@gradstudent1
Lieutenant
# 9
08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
No, you can use the consoles that boost tetryon damage but if you mix a phased tetryon with a tetryon you will still cop the -10 weapon damage penalty.

Its irrelevant that it does the same type of damage, if it is a different weapon type as above you will cop the penalty.
It's also irrelevant if it's the same exact weapon type. This is a long standing misconception. Having 2 tetryon beam arrays does EXACTLY THE SAME THING to your weapon energy level as having 1 tetryon and 1 disruptor beam array, or having 1 tetryon and 1 phased tetryon array. The -10 weapon energy penalty is per energy weapon, not per energy type.
Ensign
# 10
08-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Yes, it says -10 when firing other weapons, not -10 when firing other dmg type weapons. Basically, you get one weapon free of energy drain, any more and you get the drain stated per weapon.