Empire Veteran
# 11
09-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Large hypos, anti assimilation nanites and the rest is depending on the char. On my oldest ones, ophidian cane & shard of possibilities.
Career Officer
# 12
09-08-2012, 05:07 AM
I use:

1. Combat Horta (Horty the Horta)
2. Shard of Possibilities
3. Triolic Pattern Enhancer, mainly for...
4. Ophidian Cane

Luckily, I don't have to use a Remodulator, as I have the TR-116A Sniper Rifle, which eliminates the need for one.
Career Officer
# 13
09-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizork View Post
OK - I have 4 device slots (wish I had more). I seem to do best with a hypo and shield charge, and ya gotta have a tribble (don't you?). So that only leaves 1 slot. If you are fighting Borg, that is taken by a remodulator. Do people use the power cells? I don't notice "weapons malfunction" much (PVP only?). I like to use my final spot for Ophidian Cane or Shard of Possibilities. Is there some better configuration? You don't get to swap them around much when you are being hounded by baddies, so I need a good set-up I can just leave there.
Large Hypo or Cordrazine | Large Shield | Immunos | (optional)

(optional) can be anything... since you CAN swap them around in combat. One choice the others did not mention was the Borg Static Grenades. More useful for Scis/Engrs than for Tacts who might prefer a Large Power cell instead.

You can skip the Immunos if your DPS is so low that you don't end up tanking. 'circle strafing' doesn't work on NPCs so sitting still might help your team mates score more critical hits. Just try to remember what standing/crouching does for your range dodge% versus melee dodge %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesal24 View Post
Which ever one makes 2 more of you is great. the remod is not needed if you have a 2 piece of M.A.C.O. ground.

Kyle
You need the complete, 3-piece set for Integral Remodulation
Captain
# 14
09-08-2012, 08:43 AM
large hypo (nurse doff equipped), gambling device, horta combat pet (the resiliant one), and the device that creates two copies of me...from the ds9 featured series.
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 15
09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
asphe, that's right. Was getting the shield thing at 2. Thanks.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Captain
# 16
09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
While I may be great in space, I suck on ground battles unless it's something easy. I use the Ophidian Cane, Shard of Possibilites, Frequency Remodulator, and a Gambling Device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 17
09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
I like to carry a Crossfire Tribble, my Shard of Possibilities (emergency reinforcements), a Remodulator, and lots of Large Hypos. I also usually have a BOff (typically my Jem'Hadar Tac) carrying my IDIC Tribble.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lieutenant
# 18
09-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Power cells temporarily boost energy damage. I would use this rather often but against Borg, I highly prefer my lirpa (after all, Borg can't adapt to a blade!). I carry small hypos (sufficient for me), a physician kit, a health regen tribble, and a remodulator when I switch to my antiproton rifle because I have no choice. Again, this is a melee user talking. Have fun!

Vulcan Science Officer -- Captain of the U.S.S. Ocis Coda [Tholian Recluse]
Ambassador of the Triumvirate of the Temporal Empire.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Lieutenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
None whatsoever.

I'm carrying Shard of Possibilities, Remodulator(if needed, otherwise Triolic Pattern Enhancer), Fleet Tribble, and Ophidian Cane.

On my 3rd character I use Remodulator, Fleet Tribble, and two placeholder slots.

Edit: To explain the first sentence: I rarely remember to use any of it outside the Remodulator.
What does a "placeholder spot" do, and what is it? Is that just where you store devices for some other character?
Lieutenant
# 20
09-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Jealous of your shards #noobproblems

Vulcan Science Officer -- Captain of the U.S.S. Ocis Coda [Tholian Recluse]
Ambassador of the Triumvirate of the Temporal Empire.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."