Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,547
# 111
10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
i wouldn't bother with any torps or missiles on it really, especially since its an engineer. the chances of you being able to blast down a shield faceing for torpedo delivery are small. on that, i would proboly have a good set of DHCs and single cannons, if your in support mode you wont be able to concentrate on keeping people alive and lining up DHC shots.

with an 8 base turn, that even in battle mode that RCS consoles will still base their boost on, using DHCs effectively will be a chore. when ever you want to deal damage, a tractor beam and or EWP is recommended. at those times you could slot plasma 3 and AtS1 in place of ES. but being an eng, you will always be better off supporting then kirking.

i would use this skill set with this, if it were a tac i would max out attack paterns too

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=dkoratom_0

i find no value in subsystem repair, no value in sensors, huge value in insulators at least against glider damage, and a small amount of value in dampeners for chrono defense.

things i would always max are turn, accuracy, speed, evasion and electro plasma system to maximize EPtX.

have to max hull repair and shield emitters, they buff your shield and hull heals, long duration batters are nice, and a little bit of drive coil i just like having.

when not kirking, shield emitter consoles and sif consoles with high arc weapons are recommended over flow cap, shield cap, and turn consoles.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,639
# 112
10-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i wouldn't bother with any torps or missiles on it really, especially since its an engineer. the chances of you being able to blast down a shield faceing for torpedo delivery are small. on that, i would proboly have a good set of DHCs and single cannons, if your in support mode you wont be able to concentrate on keeping people alive and lining up DHC shots.

with an 8 base turn, that even in battle mode that RCS consoles will still base their boost on, using DHCs effectively will be a chore. when ever you want to deal damage, a tractor beam and or EWP is recommended. at those times you could slot plasma 3 and AtS1 in place of ES. but being an eng, you will always be better off supporting then kirking.

i would use this skill set with this, if it were a tac i would max out attack paterns too

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=dkoratom_0

i find no value in subsystem repair, no value in sensors, huge value in insulators at least against glider damage, and a small amount of value in dampeners for chrono defense.

things i would always max are turn, accuracy, speed, evasion and electro plasma system to maximize EPtX.

have to max hull repair and shield emitters, they buff your shield and hull heals, long duration batters are nice, and a little bit of drive coil i just like having.

when not kirking, shield emitter consoles and sif consoles with high arc weapons are recommended over flow cap, shield cap, and turn consoles.
Yup DHC aren't working on this, I like 4xSingle Cannons up front for the moment. Will do some beam testing soon and see how i like full beam boat, vs 4xDBB + 4x turrets.

I like sensor skill because of the Scramble AMS resists. RCS console is indeed up for switch, will have to try out some more.

Sub-sytems....i thought they fixed it, currently have 0 in it....what was i thinking

So far the D'kora is actually fun, although it is very different from what i m used to, i like it.

The healing numbers are great despite EPtS3 (still feel bad about that one), and without assim set.

thx for the input
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 10-04-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,547
# 113
10-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Yup DHC aren't working on this, I like 4xSingle Cannons up front for the moment. Will do some beam testing soon and see how i like full beam boat, vs 4xDBB + 4x turrets.

I like sensor skill because of the Scramble AMS resists. RCS console is indeed up for switch, will have to try out some more.

Sub-sytems....i thought they fixed it, currently have 0 in it....what was i thinking

So far the D'kora is actually fun, although it is very different from what i m used to, i like it.

The healing numbers are great despite EPtS3 (still feel bad about that one), and without assim set.

thx for the input
with subsystem repair, your % alive crew is now a modifier. crew all dead? well multiply your 99 skill by 0 and thats what the subsystem repair skill gives you. or at least it seems about that bad.

and if your puging, don't feel to bad about EPtS3, need to keep yourself alive too. thats a kirk ship anyway, not ideal for the healer role. and i would never suggest EPtS3 without also tech doffs or damage control doffs making it so you only need 1 copy. this certainly isn't a build to take into a premade ether, its for puging and pugmades
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,639
# 114
10-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
with subsystem repair, your % alive crew is now a modifier. crew all dead? well multiply your 99 skill by 0 and thats what the subsystem repair skill gives you. or at least it seems about that bad.

and if your puging, don't feel to bad about EPtS3, need to keep yourself alive too. thats a kirk ship anyway, not ideal for the healer role. and i would never suggest EPtS3 without also tech doffs or damage control doffs making it so you only need 1 copy. this certainly isn't a build to take into a premade ether, its for puging and pugmades
well thats just the problem, with the recluse there is just about half/ a spot for one eng on a premade, certainly not for a second, so all eng toons are kind of bound to kirking it

all hail tac cruisers, DPS sci, and all that good stuff, so far D'kora made my fly me eng again, which is fun.... i even forgot to spend BO skill points, and was still doing fairly well
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 655
# 115
10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I'd like to post my version of the Fleet Vor'cha/Tor'Kaht.

Note: This build has no bearing on PvP, as I do not PvP and never intend to, as I find it a large waste of time personally. Also, not for the faint of heart, or the sane, but it will crank out a ton of damage in PvE Land.

Captain: Tactical.

Subsystem Power: 85/65/25/25, which translates into 114/81/64/56 for me, which suits me fine.

DOff: I prefer using 2 Shield Distribution, 2 Evasive Conn, and the Battery DOff. Extra shield heal, extra go-faster, and the Battery DOff makes those batteries pretty nice. Although I imagine someone will find better DOffs to go with this build.

Weapons: 3 DHC, 1 Quantum, 4 Turrets. Currently they're all Borg and Disruptor, you can use whatever you like really.

Shield: KHG Mk XII
Deflector: KHG Mk XII
Engine: Borg.

Consoles: 4x Neutronium (You're going to need a LOT of base resist), Borg and Point Defense (You could easily swap out Point Defense for your favorite universal console. Subspace Jump, Isometric Charge, etc) in Science, 4x Energy Weapon consoles.

BOff Powers:

Cmd Engineer: EPtS1, RSP1, X2Damp2, X2SIF3

Ensign Engineer: EPtW1

Lt. Tactical: TT1, CSV/CRF1 (Depending on weather you prefer AOE vs Single Target)

LtC. Tactical: TT1, CSV/CRF1, HY3/TS3 (Again, AOE vs Single.)

Lt. Universal: HY1/TS1, APB1.

I know, you're looking at me like I'm insane right now.

"Another Tac in the Universal slot? Has he gone absolutely MAD?! No Hazard Emitters?!"

A simple trade-off for moar damage and it's rather flexible in it's DOff and weapon load out. It has what it needs to keep you alive for a bit, since the Tor'Kaht is such a beast by itself, you should be able to eat any DOTs you pick up in PvE land while dropping the hammer on anything you point your nose at.

I'm currently sitting at just over 12k shield per facing and around 53,500 hull.

So, that's my build, in which I'm favoring a more daring, suicidal approach at dealing the massive damage that this monster can crank out...but really, you can build your Tor'Kaht however you wish, just consider putting another Tac into the Universal slot sometimes.

Edit: Whoops, this is the PvP section. Man I'm such a noob.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.


Last edited by baelogventure; 10-04-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 116
10-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Not only am I bumping this up for others to see, but I am giving my thanks to Ghosty, aka Mavairo in the old forums, for taking his time to help other turn their fail cruisers into ships worthy of the PVP arenas.
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 117
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
I'd like to post my version of the Fleet Vor'cha/Tor'Kaht.

Note: This build has no bearing on PvP, as I do not PvP and never intend to, as I find it a large waste of time personally. Also, not for the faint of heart, or the sane, but it will crank out a ton of damage in PvE Land.

Captain: Tactical.

Subsystem Power: 85/65/25/25, which translates into 114/81/64/56 for me, which suits me fine.

DOff: I prefer using 2 Shield Distribution, 2 Evasive Conn, and the Battery DOff. Extra shield heal, extra go-faster, and the Battery DOff makes those batteries pretty nice. Although I imagine someone will find better DOffs to go with this build.

Weapons: 3 DHC, 1 Quantum, 4 Turrets. Currently they're all Borg and Disruptor, you can use whatever you like really.

Shield: KHG Mk XII
Deflector: KHG Mk XII
Engine: Borg.

Consoles: 4x Neutronium (You're going to need a LOT of base resist), Borg and Point Defense (You could easily swap out Point Defense for your favorite universal console. Subspace Jump, Isometric Charge, etc) in Science, 4x Energy Weapon consoles.

BOff Powers:

Cmd Engineer: EPtS1, RSP1, X2Damp2, X2SIF3

Ensign Engineer: EPtW1

Lt. Tactical: TT1, CSV/CRF1 (Depending on weather you prefer AOE vs Single Target)

LtC. Tactical: TT1, CSV/CRF1, HY3/TS3 (Again, AOE vs Single.)

Lt. Universal: HY1/TS1, APB1.

I know, you're looking at me like I'm insane right now.

"Another Tac in the Universal slot? Has he gone absolutely MAD?! No Hazard Emitters?!"

A simple trade-off for moar damage and it's rather flexible in it's DOff and weapon load out. It has what it needs to keep you alive for a bit, since the Tor'Kaht is such a beast by itself, you should be able to eat any DOTs you pick up in PvE land while dropping the hammer on anything you point your nose at.

I'm currently sitting at just over 12k shield per facing and around 53,500 hull.

So, that's my build, in which I'm favoring a more daring, suicidal approach at dealing the massive damage that this monster can crank out...but really, you can build your Tor'Kaht however you wish, just consider putting another Tac into the Universal slot sometimes.

Edit: Whoops, this is the PvP section. Man I'm such a noob.
There's alot of work required on this so I'm not going to do my current trend of replacing the fixed items in the old quote. So I'm going to rewrite out what I would do, below it so I can explain the why behind why I pick what I do, more easily.

You need More Guns. 90 with a Plas Leech is as low as you should ever go in a Tac Vorcha. You'll be Over capped. which is a Good Thing.

Consoles: 1 Neutronium is as far as you should go, with a Leech in the second if you want better hull resist. With a Vorcha you need 2 RCS consoles (or 1 RCS, and the new lobi store RCS)
Sci: You still Need a Field Generator. The second should be Borg.
Tac: 4 Energy Consoles. Period.

Cmdr : EPTS1 is fine. Aux ID1. Aux ID 2 is just as good as 1 is. It doesn't provide more turn rate, nor is the resistance substantially higher. EPTS3 will substantially boost your durability compared to aux ID2. , and finally either ASIF3, or Eject Warp Plasma3. I prefer the latter on a damage dealing ship since it most easily mitigates enemy Defense Scores, as well as in pve, snares ships which saves freighters in the starbase missions, protects the kang and so many other utilitarian purpose sin addition to providing a damage over time.

Ens Eng. EPTA1, boosts the turn rate gain, as well as the kinetic damage resistance of Aux ID. It also boosts the heal of ASIF should you run ASIF 3

Lt Universal : This should always be either a Sci slot or an engineer station. Never a tac. And I do mean never, you sacrifice way too much in durability to do this. For Sci, I recommend either Polarize hull and transfer shield strength 2 (both of which are boosted by aux power getting higher) or Hazard 1 and TSS2.

Engineer: I would put EPTE1, and RSP1 in as the alternate choice.

LTC Tac. Should be CRF2. Period, HY3 is a complete waste out put potential, it's effective output is not much better than HY2s is, and you have completely sacrificed to bring down Hardened Targets Shields, which means you'll be hitting nekkid hull far too infrequently to make use of HY3. (HY3 is again, not cost effective either for the boff slot it consumes. Hy2 is King of HYs. Hands Down) Below that, since you're in PvE you could run HY2 and TT.

LT Tac: TT, and since it's a PvE environment you can run safely, HY2 or Torp Spread 2. Both of which are every bit as potent as a HY3, without sacrificing All Too Critical Energy Damage in the process.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 118
10-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Heya Ghosty, I was wonderin' if you [OR ANY OF THE OTHER FINE CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS THREAD] could help me with the Regent? I've got a decent STF setup for it, but need a hand hammering out something that isn't gonna leave me high and dry in PvP. Tac/cruiser, and if I'm honest, totally flummoxed.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,547
# 119
10-10-2012, 12:16 AM
it should be noted that all the information in this thread is now outdated, due to the worst balance change ever regarding EPtS. none of these builds work anymore. due to mav's, and everyone else's disgust, don't count on a version 4 on of this thread.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 120
10-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
Heya Ghosty, I was wonderin' if you [OR ANY OF THE OTHER FINE CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS THREAD] could help me with the Regent? I've got a decent STF setup for it, but need a hand hammering out something that isn't gonna leave me high and dry in PvP. Tac/cruiser, and if I'm honest, totally flummoxed.
I'm afraid thanks to Cryptic's newest and greatest Epic Fail I am suspending this thread. Until either A: every single dev is shot in the face and then tea bagged, B: They come to their senses and realize what a tragic mistake they've made (lol yeah right)

I want to say, I love this community, I truly do. My suspension of this thread and of my sci thread has nothing to do with anything any of you have said or done. I simply can't abide by, nor play this game anymore until the devs get their priorities straight, and or Competent employees are hired.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQB4nAjZIdE When This describes the Design Team. It's impossible to feel positive motivation to continue this thread.

I will not edit my posts from here on to keep things current, as Cryptic has just put the Death Nail to pvp with the changes to Hazard/Polarize hull and Extend Shields. And the complete failure of cryptic to actually address just Why science ships are hurt right now in pvp. (the shared CD wasn't it)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 PM.