Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
09-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Honestly, Yes, the Ensign abilities (Engineering and Tactical) need some variety added. But....

I think that any of the Ensign only stations should be Universal stations (save maybe on things like the Miranda), or at the Very Least, have them Universal on anything in the Admiral/General ranges (level 40+)
Commander
# 12
09-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Sooo.... Are these baseline no-skills numbers? Because with the skill build and stuff I've got now, Transfer Shield Strength 1 gives me:
* 584 immediate shield healing
* 167 per second for 15 seconds (2505, or 3089 in total with the initial healing added)
* 7.7% shield damage reduction
* No power drain
* Benefit nearly doubles with high auxiliary power while fighting defensively
Those were baseline without skill modifiers.
Captain
# 13
09-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Aux to Life Support: 'heal' to crew of 25% lost/disabled personnel and resist to crew loss of 50% .

Aux to RCS: Significant increase in turn rate (but not speed or defense or anything else) and increase in inertia modifier (this makes the ship able to 'slide' during the maneuver...aka does not allow the ship to change vector that quickly while turning the nose).

This is the equivalent of the 'increase your aux power to boost your turn rate and slide' that we could do pre-f2p ...which was SO damn cool.

Internal Force Fields: large bonus to crew resists, causes loss of all boarding parties (aka they cannot return when the boarding party effect is over).

Jeffereys Tubes
: Large boost to innate crew abilities. aka hull repair, crew recovery rate, subsystem repair.

Eject Warp Core: Ship loses all power level bonuses (from capt skills,consoles, outside sources, etc). Warp core ejected detonates 5 seconds after launch. Effect is = to photonic shockwave 3 + charged particle burst3 + tricobalt subspace rift + scramble sensors 3. to anything, including player that launched it, in a 5km area.

Loss of power bonuses lasts for 1 minute. Ability re-use timer is 2 minutes.

REQUIREMENT: Warp Core in inventory (otherwise how can you replace your lost warp core?)

..yes warp core would be a new item, craftable only. Give crafters at least SOMETHING to do.

Main Computer Priority to - (tactical/operations/science): Diverts main computer processing priorities.

This is a multi-system, multi-ability thing like emergency power to-

-to Tactical : Increase accuracy
-to Ops : Speed up timers on all abilities, including capt, console, boff, etc.
-to Science: boosts stats on all science skill box abilities by the equivalent of X mk 11 blue consoles (ensign = 2, lt= 3, lt cmdr = 4)
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
# 14
09-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I really like Aux to RCS!!!!
Commander
# 15
09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm 100% on board for Aux to RCS.

The only reason I played BSGO before this went F2P was to roll outposts while going max speed sideways. It's a REALLY fun mechanic to scoot around with. I've asked for it and supported the mere mention of it since I started playing STO. It would just add so much.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Commander
# 16
09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperthumper View Post
I'm 100% on board for Aux to RCS.

The only reason I played BSGO before this went F2P was to roll outposts while going max speed sideways. It's a REALLY fun mechanic to scoot around with. I've asked for it and supported the mere mention of it since I started playing STO. It would just add so much.
LOL yeah! Really, just a single new Bridge Office ability in the Ensign Slot for engineers would be really much appreciated!
Captain
# 17
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Aux to Life Support: 'heal' to crew of 25% lost/disabled personnel and resist to crew loss of 50% .

Aux to RCS: Significant increase in turn rate (but not speed or defense or anything else) and increase in inertia modifier (this makes the ship able to 'slide' during the maneuver...aka does not allow the ship to change vector that quickly while turning the nose).

This is the equivalent of the 'increase your aux power to boost your turn rate and slide' that we could do pre-f2p ...which was SO damn cool.

Internal Force Fields: large bonus to crew resists, causes loss of all boarding parties (aka they cannot return when the boarding party effect is over).

Jeffereys Tubes
: Large boost to innate crew abilities. aka hull repair, crew recovery rate, subsystem repair.

Eject Warp Core: Ship loses all power level bonuses (from capt skills,consoles, outside sources, etc). Warp core ejected detonates 5 seconds after launch. Effect is = to photonic shockwave 3 + charged particle burst3 + tricobalt subspace rift + scramble sensors 3. to anything, including player that launched it, in a 5km area.

REQUIREMENT: Warp Core in inventory (otherwise how can you replace your lost warp core?)

..yes warp core would be a new item, craftable only. Give crafters at least SOMETHING to do.

Main Computer Priority to - (tactical/operations/science): Diverts main computer processing priorities.

-to Science: boosts stats on all science skill box abilities by the equivalent of X mk 11 blue consoles (ensign = 2, lt= 3, lt cmdr = 4)
These are somewhat disprotional to what an ensign ability is supposed to be capable of doing? Its only an ensign!

Half the point allocation for those kinda abilities only start Lt. Commander/ Commander levels. The only combat-related Tier One abilities are Starship Hull Repair, and Starship Batteries.

Eject Warp Core, I'm sorry thats just insane.

Can you imagine T1 players flying around throwing out abilities better than any T5 ability, irrespective of whether it damages the player too...

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 09-12-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Commander
# 18
09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Why are these suggestions insanely disprotional to what an ensign ability is supposed to be able to do.

Insanely? Check the skill tree and tell me at which levels half the points are allocated for your suggestions.....

I'm starting the see a pattern in all your threads....

Eject Warp Core takes the cake, its so insane it just has to be a troll. So T1 players flying around throwing out abilities better than any T5 ability.
I have to agree, that those abilities are not for Ensign rank. Anyway, I just want AUX-ID moved to ensign and tweaked to represent that.... I don't think that, that is way overboard as a request because clearly the Cruisers could use something beside ET and EPT__
Captain
# 19
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teleon22 View Post
I have to agree, that those abilities are not for Ensign rank. Anyway, I just want AUX-ID moved to ensign and tweaked to represent that.... I don't think that, that is way overboard as a request because clearly the Cruisers could use something beside ET and EPT__
Completely doable and needed.
Captain
# 20
09-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post

Jeffereys Tubes

I really like the warp core idea, it just needs to be scaled to an ensign level ability.

Perhaps even simpler version of the others.

The reason while SCI and TAC have so many abilities at that level is because they are the "primary" cross-class skills. e.g. where would any ship be without TAC ens abilities if you not a TAC? What ship doesn't need a copy of HE or TB or SCI?

ENS TAC skills are basic weapon skills for any class.
ENS SCI skills are base counters needed by non-science classes.
ENS ENG are there for base engineer skills for non-engineering classes

EptE, I think thats my cruiser's staple diet LOL.

In MHO, that is.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 09-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.