Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Ask Cryptic: September 2012
09-07-2012, 01:00 PM
In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Dan Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the Ask Cryptic.

---

The poll from the last question of the Ask Cryptic can be found above.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 09-07-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Uh, Bran you might want to check your link. It's going to the August 2012 one.

Edit: nvm, it's linking to the September one now.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Community Moderator
# 3
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Wohoo!

/em reads
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 4
09-07-2012, 01:13 PM
look at that, KDF content has a full SIXTY-SIX percent of the vote at this time. I think that's a sign...

PS: When we DO get more KDF Content, could we also get a Klingonese Dictionary item in-game?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 5
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
More cherry-picked questions for the Cryptic prefab answerbot. I love how he continually provides the most absurd of excuses for not fixing the cloaking device.

The main issue here is not communication coming from outside the ship, say from Qo'noS, decloaking the ship repeatedly that irritates people the most even though this itself should not force a vessel to decloak. It's the intraship communication between the Captain and the Bridge Officers decloaking the ship, which it definitely should not, that really bothers people.

Incoming extraship communication should not decloak the ship, merely make it increasingly possible to locate the ship should there be anyone who might notice or be looking. Intraship communication, no matter the reason, should never decloak a vessel. This isn't The Hunt for Red October where Seaman Jones can be heard piping Paganini. Sound cannot travel in a vacuum.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
nice ask cryptic.
Captain
# 7
I rarely once in a blue moon play on my KDF character (Vo'porak... I'm very good with names aren't I ) but I'd rather see the KDF developed first because if you don't you guys will hand a us a moldly, half baked cookie called the Romulan faction.

And speaking of the cloaking device... my first officer, sitting in a chair a few yards away from me on my Defiant should not decloak the ship.

First Officer: Cap-
Me: shhh!
First Officer: But ca-
Me: SHHHHHHHH!
first Officer: Captain, you decloaked us because you shushed me too loudly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)

Last edited by voporak; 09-07-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
Most Interesting:

Quote:
Q: (tovalmorgan) Are you ever going to fix the decloaking bug? Whenever your bridge officers talk to you or any kind of interaction window pops up on the screen while you are cloaked, the pop up window forces your ship to decloak.
Dstahl: To clear up some confusion about this issue, let me shed some light on how cloak is intended to relate to interactions within the game. It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth. With that said, there are undoubtedly missions out there that were made prior to the inception of the mini-contacts (the ones that fly across your screen) which are just providing information and shouldn?t need to be acknowledged. One reason we created mini-contacts was to allow information to be given by your bridge crew without you needing to acknowledge it for game design purposes. If you feel that a specific mission contact could be switched to a mini-contact that doesn?t need acknowledgement, then that is the type of suggestion that should be made. We can then look at the mission specifically and determine whether it warrants a mini-contact or not.
So, instead of asking for the cloak to be fixed, we need to find missions where this situation can kill, and list them. But, where should we put this list? Will there be a thread here in the forums for this, or should we create in-game tickets for it?
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 9
09-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdridgeway View Post
Most Interesting:

So, instead of asking for the cloak to be fixed, we need to find missions where this situation can kill, and list them. But, where should we put this list? Will there be a thread here in the forums for this, or should we create in-game tickets for it?
Feel free to list them in here -- the team is watching this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Brandon!
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Closed Thread