Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 131
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I picked "exploration" on the poll because exploration was a huge theme of Star Trek and it's one area in which I feel the game particularly fails to feel like Star Trek.

I'd put "featured episodes" at a close #2 because I'd like continuation of the story arcs that have been left hanging for, in some cases, the lifetime of the game.

For #3, more exclusive KDF content. #1 and #2 are cross-faction, but they aren't enough to satisfy #3. KDF needs more of its own missions like the fantastic "Alpha" from back in April.
Empire Veteran
# 132
09-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, More KDF Content doesn't quite fit what I would like, but that's what I voted.
I believe it should have been asked as "Finish the KDF content" as in filling in til it is complete.

Exploration would be my second after that.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Captain
# 133
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I will lifetime subsribe if we get playable Romulans with Warbirds and Mogais.
Starfleet Veteran
# 134
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Romulans do not deserve a lock box but a full pay option. We have stated for over a year now to just put us in at level 40, we want our planet, starbases, costumes and ships...we could care less for content...thats what the bloody foundry is for. So for those that gripe about content...go bloody make it, why you think the devs gave us the tool to begin with, they knew they couldn't meet everyones expectations for content from the start.

Romulans as a sub faction to either fed or kdf, thatll be the day.
guess everyone missed the simple fact that romulan space is still larger than klingon space...oh maybe people missed that part of 2409 where the klingons tried repeatedly to take over romulan space and failed...miserably.

yes I read the raprt thing...personally...raptr is a joke of a system for gamers. but to each their own right. I want my faction and warbirds, some people want tribbles.

for those that werent around for the first poll...ya ROMULANS as the next playable faction ingame was like 66.7% or some number close to that for total votes... and that was 2 years ago...were still waiting while we listen to our kdf counterparts continue to whine over cloaks...as i stated before...at least you have your darn ships. All we get to be is the #@*@ end of a joke in every ask crptic...ya thats right every bloody ask cryptic is...when will we see romulans as a playable faction, every ask cryptic answer is...its something we would like to see soon...ya well so does your player base thats been waiting for almost 3 years.

Romulans have every right to be in the game as a playable faction as federation and klingons.

We are not to be held hostage due to the constant demands and questionable egg chicken debate about the kdf.

Last edited by bunansa; 09-07-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 135
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
I do have somewhat of an idea for the KDF issue and people wanting romulans in the game...

I do so much get the picture about people investing in the fed side or kdf side that mostly will not majorly invest in the other faction like I really love KDF ships ever since I first saw them in the series. The obvious thing based on where Dstahl said he thinks or wants it to go on that note is doing those mini factions with one episode arc where it shows a certain side joining a certain faction. With the romulans in mind the fact that there is evidence in TOS and TNG that there were two seperate eras where the KDF and the RSE were allies this could be their third alliance.

As like with the orion, gorn, and nausiccans the romulan technology and ships could be incorporated into the empire. Then some future races like say the liberated borg like hugh could join the federation as well as other factions if they want to simplify it down to 2 main factions and many mini factions that join the 2 major powers.

From the poll it looks like its about a near tie between expanding the KDF and creating romulans so this would work perfectly on that note.
Republic Veteran
# 136
09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post
Romulans do not deserve a lock box but a full pay option. We have stated for over a year now to just put us in at level 40, we want our planet, starbases, costumes and ships...we could care less for content...thats what the fkn foundry is for. So for those that gripe about content...go bloody make it, why you think the devs gave us the tool to begin with, they knew they couldn't meet everyones expectations for content from the start.

Romulans as a sub faction to either fed or kdf, thatll be the day.
guess everyone missed the simple fact that romulan space is still larger than klingon space...oh maybe people missed that part of 2409 where the klingons tried repeatedly to take over romulan space and failed...miserably.

yes I read the raprt thing...personally...raptr is a joke of a system for gamers. but to each their own right. I want my faction and warbirds, some people want tribbles.

for those that werent around for the first poll...ya ROMULANS as the next playable faction ingame was like 66.7% or some number close to that for total votes... and that was 2 years ago...were still waiting while we listen to our kdf counterparts continue to whine over cloaks...as i stated before...at least you have your darn ships. All we get to be is the #@*@ end of a joke in every ask crptic...ya thats right every bloody ask cryptic is...when will we see romulans as a playable faction, every ask cryptic answer is...its something we would like to see soon...ya well so does your player base thats been waiting for almost 3 years.

Romulans have every right to be in the game as a playable faction as federation and klingons.

We are not to be held hostage due to the constant demands and questionable egg chicken debate about the kdf.
Jolan tru....The Romulan's are like a Phoenix they can never die, They come back stronger.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Starfleet Veteran
# 137
09-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I do have somewhat of an idea for the KDF issue and people wanting romulans in the game...

I do so much get the picture about people investing in the fed side or kdf side that mostly will not majorly invest in the other faction like I really love KDF ships ever since I first saw them in the series. The obvious thing based on where Dstahl said he thinks or wants it to go on that note is doing those mini factions with one episode arc where it shows a certain side joining a certain faction. With the romulans in mind the fact that there is evidence in TOS and TNG that there were two seperate eras where the KDF and the RSE were allies this could be their third alliance.

As like with the orion, gorn, and nausiccans the romulan technology and ships could be incorporated into the empire. Then some future races like say the liberated borg like hugh could join the federation as well as other factions if they want to simplify it down to 2 main factions and many mini factions that join the 2 major powers.

From the poll it looks like its about a near tie between expanding the KDF and creating romulans so this would work perfectly on that note.
Romulans and KDF did ally a couple times yes...never to any great result tho.
If we were placed under fed or kdf banners ie we can play said faction missions as intended faction it makes no diference to me so long as we get our ships, costumes, and our own unique starbases. TBH its not asking for much really...most of us just want this. We don't want to roll a vulcan and rp a romulan as some people suggest nor use the alien generator to create a romulan...in the end we still get screwed by using either fed or kdf ships and costumes..

its like saying your going to create a fantasy game with elves dwarves and humans but only humans and dwarves are playable..the elves you can only talk to for quest from time to time...

or...lets go a more direct route...TOR...its a galaxy field with dozens of memorable notable aliens...yet your forced to play as a human of some type...no wookiees, sulustans, mon calamari, rodian, devoronian, bith...i can go on and on..and thats what killed TOR for me.
Commander
# 138
09-07-2012, 04:43 PM
More KDF and Playable Romulans.....

I am so disappointed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 139
09-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronh42 View Post
More KDF and Playable Romulans.....

I am so disappointed.
With what? the fact that these 2 sole issues have been around since BETA?
Career Officer
# 140
09-07-2012, 04:46 PM
everyone wants Romulans I want more zstore ships romulans will end up like KDF anyway

Always Recruiting Join us at http://temporalimperium.enjin.com/
Closed Thread