Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 451
09-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Personally? I'd love to see playable Deltans. They're such a major part of the Federation and the Doff system after all, so why not? Basically, they'd have the same Seduction power Orions have, and maybe Empathic for their second required.

We could finally play Ilia!

(...yeah, I admit it, I like the first movie.)
Rihannsu
# 452
09-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
21% of the participants is not equal to 21% of the active players. Just like I wouldn't say that after introducing a Romulan faction there will be 28% playing it permanently.
HAH! It's up to 29% now!

More Feature Episodes 451 16.80%
More KDF Content 564 21.01%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 194 7.23%
More Foundry Improvements 44 1.64%
More Rare Ships 68 2.53%
Playable Romulans 780 29.05%
Improve PVP 244 9.09%
Improve Duty Officer System 51 1.90%
Improve Crafting 72 2.68%
Improve Exploration 217 8.08%

Honestly I'd be happy to play as Romulans even if there were only three ships/races to choose from.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 09-10-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 453
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Q: (akrilon) It?s been mentioned that featured episodes will be returning ?in a big way? in Season 8. Can you give us any preliminary details on how you forsee this being rolled out?

Dstahl: The development team loves making feature episodes, as is evident with Dominion series that finished in March. Up until recently, our development staff has been small enough that we?ve had to constantly juggle what we were working on at any given moment. This meant a toss-up between Feature Episodes, Fleet Actions, STFs and other max-level content, PvP maps, or anything else that involves creating missions and new maps. As we?ve staffed up, our ability to tackle more of types of content simultaneously has increased. Season 7 will be our next big push for max-level content and then we plan to shift the majority of the resources back to other content types. This includes focusing on Feature Episodes for Season 8. While the details are still being ironed out, the early indication is that there will be at least one new series at launch of S8 and maybe even more than that. Once we get closer, I?ll share more details.
This is a great question and answer, however since we have the foundry why not put out the criteria to the community for the foundry people to create a series of episodes, which in effect would take that burden off of the devs in order to create new episodes. It wouldn't be to hard to do give the community the guidelines and criteria of the episodes. I think if iam not mistaken something along these lines is being done currently. The Foundry Challenge; http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=661741 (Great example)
Career Officer
# 454
09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
You see the posts like the one above me and you wonder why Romulan fans hate Klingon fans? It's not just that our respective factions hate each other, it's that they're more then willing to deny us an equal playing experience to make their experience better. Any time one group denigrates and opposes another for their own gain the ones being denied are going to strongly dislike those opposing them.
sorry you took it the wrong way but I'm really not opposed to having a romulan faction... in fact, I'd play one as well as my klingon (more often than my starfleet engineer).

Back in "Klingon Academy", our fleet organized a PvP event called the "Map game". We've set up a star map divided in sectors (squares) and would send our moves (build ships, make them move to conquer territories, attack enemy ships) and when we'd have a starship fight, we'd play it in KA. Capulet and I were playing romulans.

I do not hate any factions... I keep my hatered for real world issues. I simply want Cryptic to finish the job they started before working on a new faction, that's all.

It's not about denial to others, it's about making things right. Back when the game was only a beta, we (players who wanted to play KDF) were promised more than only a PvP faction. While we've seen many changes, good changes, there's still things to be done.

Let me ask you this, kadieras, how would you feel if the only way to level your romulan was to perform the same quest over and over ? (Kill 30 <faction> starship squadrons)
Commander
# 455
09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
In all honesty, Exploration and PvP is something that is going to make this game legendary...

They of course should Revamp Crafting, KDF and Add a FULL Romulan Faction, being to start and choose between 3 full factions will make the appeal of the game skyrocket.

OH!! and since there is currently no actual episodes of Star Trek out, those FEs were so awesome in the fact that they were released each week like an episode, and allowed you to be apart of it.. FEs are going to play a major part as well. Like watching a saturday morning cartoon and just can't WAIT for next week!

I love the fact that the Devs are working toward greatness!

Keep it up guys! You are doing a great job!

PS: This reputation system is something I have been waiting for, nice!
PPS: Poker and Please add Departments to Fleets XD
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lt. Commander
# 456
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
In all honesty, Exploration and PvP is something that is going to make this game legendary...

They of course should Revamp Crafting, KDF and Add a FULL Romulan Faction, being to start and choose between 3 full factions will make the appeal of the game skyrocket.

OH!! and since there is currently no actual episodes of Star Trek out, those FEs were so awesome in the fact that they were released each week like an episode, and allowed you to be apart of it.. FEs are going to play a major part as well. Like watching a saturday morning cartoon and just can't WAIT for next week!

I love the fact that the Devs are working toward greatness!

Keep it up guys! You are doing a great job!

PS: This reputation system is something I have been waiting for, nice!
PPS: Poker and Please add Departments to Fleets XD
Exploration and beyond in regards to making the universe large, not how small it currently is nor expanding it out will do that. What needs to happen is an overhaul and realistic universe size, perhaps even along the lines of what Eve has in regards to its Universe.
Career Officer
# 457
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
Exploration and beyond in regards to making the universe large, not how small it currently is nor expanding it out will do that. What needs to happen is an overhaul and realistic universe size, perhaps even along the lines of what Eve has in regards to its Universe.
i would soooooooooooo love a eve like sector space would give up my frist born child to have one but as ive been told by alot of other the CO engine could not handle that it made me cry when i frist herd it for i played eveonline to get the likeness of a space mmo boy was i sad to see what sto sector space looked like compared to eve's
Captain
# 458
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
You see the posts like the one above me and you wonder why Romulan fans hate Klingon fans? It's not just that our respective factions hate each other, it's that they're more then willing to deny us an equal playing experience to make their experience better. Any time one group denigrates and opposes another for their own gain the ones being denied are going to strongly dislike those opposing them.

Equal to whom, kadieras? Equal to Klingons? That's not saying much and I know you won't settle for that. Are you stating you will be satisfied with monster play and having a half-finished faction just for the sake of having it? Equal to Fed? KDF lacks parity with Fed.

So you want to deny the existing players the gaming experience KDF was promised then shortchanged over two years ago and continues to lack? Why are you so eager to deny KDF gameplay parity with Fed just to start an entirely new faction from scratch for the sole benefit of your experience? Any gameplay denial accusations you make can readily be applied the opposite direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srodney View Post
sorry you took it the wrong way but I'm really not opposed to having a romulan faction... in fact, I'd play one as well as my klingon (more often than my starfleet engineer).

Back in "Klingon Academy", our fleet organized a PvP event called the "Map game". We've set up a star map divided in sectors (squares) and would send our moves (build ships, make them move to conquer territories, attack enemy ships) and when we'd have a starship fight, we'd play it in KA. Capulet and I were playing romulans.

I do not hate any factions... I keep my hatered for real world issues. I simply want Cryptic to finish the job they started before working on a new faction, that's all.

It's not about denial to others, it's about making things right. Back when the game was only a beta, we (players who wanted to play KDF) were promised more than only a PvP faction. While we've seen many changes, good changes, there's still things to be done.

Let me ask you this, kadieras, how would you feel if the only way to level your romulan was to perform the same quest over and over ? (Kill 30 <faction> starship squadrons)

srodney, you are spot on. We KDF players have only requested what was promised and then pulled back. Only as a result of being fans of the faction the Executive Producer disdains we have been forced to play the part of Tantalus, watching as Cryptic continually recedes the waters of content out of reach for another year.

Unlike the Fed forums, you don't see hordes of KDF players asking for every class of ship conceivable within the Star Trek universe now. You don't see KDF forums filled with Mary Jane ship configurations and specs. What you do see is the same bug reports that go unanswered. What you see is the request for what we were promised: "Starfleet and Klingon. Yeah. So two factions, full PvE content."

It is the most vocal of Romulan fans and the hardcore Feds that wish to deny gameplay.
All cloaks should be canon.
Ensign
# 459
09-10-2012, 03:27 PM
as mucha as i love the idea of a romulan faction i think the klingon faction needs to be more developed before they come up with a romulan faction because if they do a romulan faction now it would probably have the same issues as the klingon faction
Rihannsu
# 460
09-10-2012, 03:31 PM
This describes the Romulan experience in practically every Star Trek game ever created. So I'd be perfectly fine with it. Did you ever play Star Trek Command 3? Cause that's basically what you just described, yet as a Romulan it was more difficult then as a Fed or a Klink because we were heavily outnumbered, and you know what? It was fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srodney View Post
Closed Thread