Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Rihannsu
# 461
09-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Romulan fans have no expectation to be equal to the Federation, we never have in any game and to expect to be so now would be ridiculous. The Federation is the big dog in any Star Trek game featuring other factions. To expect otherwise is delusional. We are not denying you any game play, after all you can currently play as a Klink and a member of the KDF, we can not play as a Romulan in the RSE. There is a big difference between what we are arguing and what you are arguing, but I'm not surprised you don't see that. You are Klingon after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Equal to whom, kadieras? Equal to Klingons? That's not saying much and I know you won't settle for that. Are you stating you will be satisfied with monster play and having a half-finished faction just for the sake of having it? Equal to Fed? KDF lacks parity with Fed.

So you want to deny the existing players the gaming experience KDF was promised then shortchanged over two years ago and continues to lack? Why are you so eager to deny KDF gameplay parity with Fed just to start an entirely new faction from scratch for the sole benefit of your experience? Any gameplay denial accusations you make can readily be applied the opposite direction.

srodney, you are spot on. We KDF players have only requested what was promised and then pulled back. Only as a result of being fans of the faction the Executive Producer disdains we have been forced to play the part of Tantalus, watching as Cryptic continually recedes the waters of content out of reach for another year.

Unlike the Fed forums, you don't see hordes of KDF players asking for every class of ship conceivable within the Star Trek universe now. You don't see KDF forums filled with Mary Jane ship configurations and specs. What you do see is the same bug reports that go unanswered. What you see is the request for what we were promised: "Starfleet and Klingon. Yeah. So two factions, full PvE content."

It is the most vocal of Romulan fans and the hardcore Feds that wish to deny gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 462
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadieras View Post
This describes the Romulan experience in practically every Star Trek game ever created. So I'd be perfectly fine with it. Did you ever play Star Trek Command 3? Cause that's basically what you just described, yet as a Romulan it was more difficult then as a Fed or a Klink because we were heavily outnumbered, and you know what? It was fun!!
I loved SFC3, i was part of some of the largest modding teams under that title and the Romulans were always outnumbered but it was in fact fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
i would soooooooooooo love a eve like sector space would give up my frist born child to have one but as ive been told by alot of other the CO engine could not handle that it made me cry when i frist herd it for i played eveonline to get the likeness of a space mmo boy was i sad to see what sto sector space looked like compared to eve's
Ah, i would so love it as well. It is unfortunate to hear that, but i wonder to what extent they could expand it, even if it is through instances for example.

The Romulans need to be an independent faction, however how and in what way is the question that needs to be asked. As well, what about the Remans and can or does this open the way for a Romulan/Borg faction as in STO Romulans are working with the Borg. I also want to bring up another faction that could be aligned with the Romulans, the Hirogen have also made a pack with Selia which is de-facto leader of the new Romulan Empire on Rator III.

As well, what about the Cardassians, Breen and Alpha Q Dominion?
Republic Veteran
# 463
09-10-2012, 03:54 PM
seems to me that the klingon/romulan war has already started... see you in battle....
Ensign
# 464 Better Foundry rewards
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Honestly, the thing I want most isn't on here, but it's simple...

Make rewards for Foundry missions equal to regular missions.

I've played the regular missions over and over and over again, and I'm simply bored with them. Even the Feature Episodes. But in terms of character advancement, it takes almost 3 times as long to get the same reward from the much more interesting Foundry missions.

Yes, some people will make easy, farmable missions, but really, who cares?! If people want to farm the same mission over and over and reach level 50 in a week, it doesn't impact the way I play.

I can get a level a day from doing Duty Officer missions, so what does it matter if I get the same reward from an interesting player-created mission as I do from playing one of the developer-created missions that I've already played more than 10 times each.

Give us better rewards for Foundry play and a more robust search engine to find the kind of Foundry missions we want (search by era, RP vs. Combat, primary location or enemy, etc.). I've taken 10 officers to level 50 and everyone has gone through the exact same missions and blown up the same ships over and over. The Foundry has story-based missions that give me a break from feeling like I've slaughtered more enemies than Khan, but I shouldn't have to choose between good stories and good loot.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 465
09-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutenantcady View Post
Give us better rewards for Foundry play and a more robust search engine to find the kind of Foundry missions we want (search by era, RP vs. Combat, primary location or enemy, etc.). I've taken 10 officers to level 50 and everyone has gone through the exact same missions and blown up the same ships over and over. The Foundry has story-based missions that give me a break from feeling like I've slaughtered more enemies than Khan, but I shouldn't have to choose between good stories and good loot.

Thank you.

Another great idea, which i suggest Cryptic to the Foundry people to create and give guidelines of what type of stuff to create, even episodes and the devs are off the hook and are allowed to create and expand. My quote from earlier post i made in this thread - below.

Quote:
This is a great question and answer, however since we have the foundry why not put out the criteria to the community for the foundry people to create a series of episodes, which in effect would take that burden off of the devs in order to create new episodes. It wouldn't be to hard to do give the community the guidelines and criteria of the episodes. I think if iam not mistaken something along these lines is being done currently. The Foundry Challenge; http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=661741 (Great example)
Career Officer
# 466
09-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
seems to me that the klingon/romulan war has already started... see you in battle....
not if i see you frist

<------ hides cloaked in my D'deridex
Cryptic Studios Team
# 467
09-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutenantcady View Post
Honestly, the thing I want most isn't on here, but it's simple... Make rewards for Foundry missions equal to regular missions....
This is already in development. The Foundry Spotlight feature should be released sometime between September and November.
Career Officer
# 468
09-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
This is already in development. The Foundry Spotlight feature should be released sometime between September and November.
Does this include adding a Di reward to story missions?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lt. Commander
# 469
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
That is awesome, however what is the possibility of getting Cryptic to put out a set of guidelines on criteria to create new updated STF's? Not to take away from the devs, but it would allow them to create and work on other areas which allowing the community to provide that which is needed?
Captain
# 470
09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
How about the "room by room" feature? Buildings walls, floors and ceilings individually is a major drag. Not to mention excessively tedious.
Closed Thread