Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 61
09-07-2012, 02:10 PM
i vote for pvp we have been pushed to the back of the bus way to much in the last 2 years
Survivor of Romulus
# 62
09-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Here's something I'd like to know also that didn't get answered in this Ask Cryptic... more stuff to do on my ship interior? A shuttlebay? Holodecks? And remember, don't make the shuttlebay too big, because as it is Engineering in already pushing the envelope on my Defiant.
I agree with you there.

would be nice to not have to transport to my shuttle craft (stalker fighter FTW) when Im already on the ship.

and they should actually make the holodecks USEABLE....not just have them there for props
Career Officer
# 63
09-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Who knows! Maybe I stacked the deck and we are really doing *ALL* of those things in 2013 (ha! that would be amazing...) Seriously though, this survey does help us prioritize and we do take it to heart, so vote like you mean it!
If you were to do 1-4 and 8-10, or even half of those, next year I know at least 40 players, including myself, that would make this game their primary game once again.
Commander
# 64
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Q: (tovalmorgan) Are you ever going to fix the decloaking bug? Whenever your bridge officers talk to you or any kind of interaction window pops up on the screen while you are cloaked, the pop up window forces your ship to decloak.

Dstahl: To clear up some confusion about this issue, let me shed some light on how cloak is intended to relate to interactions within the game. It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth. With that said, there are undoubtedly missions out there that were made prior to the inception of the mini-contacts (the ones that fly across your screen) which are just providing information and shouldn?t need to be acknowledged. One reason we created mini-contacts was to allow information to be given by your bridge crew without you needing to acknowledge it for game design purposes. If you feel that a specific mission contact could be switched to a mini-contact that doesn?t need acknowledgement, then that is the type of suggestion that should be made. We can then look at the mission specifically and determine whether it warrants a mini-contact or not.
Wow, that has to be one of the stupidest design decisions I've ever heard of.

No purely internal action should break stealth.
Lieutenant
# 65
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
PvP needs sorting out ,,,

Show us the love
Captain
# 66
09-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I voted pvp as well. If you were to vastly improvee pvp, there would be less emphasis on end game content.

Also why not promote pvp with fleet marks like the fleet events. The better you do, the better the reward. That would definately boost the numbers in the right way.

I.e. no points for afker's and non combatants and more points fro those who made an impact in he game even though they may have lost.....
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthurts View Post
If you dont already understand what I'm saying then you probably wont understand this either. But to repeat the point: there is no way to know what the 2nd most popular choice is, because there is no way to know what all the people who voted for the 1st most popular choice would vote for 2nd. The same logic applies down the line to 3rd, 4th, etc. The only thing this poll shows is what the 1st most popular choice is. It does not show any order of priority.
To give an example for those still not understanding; lets just say hypothetically that on the day they close this poll KDF has the most votes. Ok, that means that was the most popular choice. So the devs spend the next few months doing that. After they are done, they want to move on to whatever is the next most popular choice. But they have no idea what all the people who voted for KDF would want next.

That means they would have to have a new poll without KDF being an option. Then, whichever item got the most votes in that poll would be the 2nd most popular after KDF. You would have to repeat the process all the way until there were only 2 options left to accurately determine the order of popularity. Alternatively, you could give people a survey that actually let them select the order they want the options in.

But the bottom line of this whole thing is that this poll will not show you what is the 2nd or 3rd or 4th most popular choice; only the 1st.

Last edited by thetruthurts; 09-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 68
09-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Why do small fleets need a Starbase anyway? I mean, a Starbase is HUGE, it's for LARGE Fleets so why on earth do 5 Man-fleets need a Starbase? Besides, it would simply be unfair if smaller fleets need to get less stuff for their projects just because they're small! (Except for the time limited upgrades since they're one time only).
Also, before adding new content, FIX BUGS! Please!
Career Officer
# 69
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
well then... I saw the decloaking of the ship when the bridge officers talk to you was intended really... never in a episode did I see a ship decloak when a officer talked to the captain of the ship NEVER!
Empire Veteran
# 70
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
My current thoughts have been that a healthy PvP system will need two healthy factions. KDF has been getting better, but it needs the final push to get it to where it needs to go. Once that happens, then PvP improvements will go much farther towards what will be useful for the long term health of the game.
i actually think the key to making pvp more popular, and acceptable, is npcs that behave more like player ships. pve does nothing to prepair players for how much more difficult and complex the excellent pvp game play is, i think the vast majority of players that have tried it after pveing for a long time hate it because its so absolutely different from what their used too.

aside from issues with science skills and engineering captains being underpowered, pvp game play is by far the most fun thing to do in game when you get the hang of it. the problem is its very hard to get the hang of. its also not properly incentive with fleet marks or its own item store.

those things would at least draw more players too it, and the more inexperienced players in pvp, the eaiser time they will have playing against each other. they might learn something from each other in that situation, i cant help but obliterate newcomers in a mater of seconds im afraid

on another note, i am worried about the handling of the wells class. and that red klingon ship that based on its name has something to do with time travel frankly, its inappropriate for such a thing to ever be a playable ship, its from the 29th century. thats a bigger gap of time then there is between captain archer's nx class and 2409! in universe, if a wells class made it into the hands of starfleet of the past, they would intervene and prevent it from ever happening. theres no way to justify making it playable, or to be in game at all. a mission were you help a wells class complete a time cop mission of some kind would be one thing, but for it to be a random npc is just... wrong. dispite it being a part of the star trek universe, this is something that takes the trek out of this game. it makes it feel more like a theme park then a game set in 2409. its not taking the ip as seriously as it takes itself.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Closed Thread