Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 851
09-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Is there any plans to stop nerfing everything and anything in the game due to people that can't or won't learn to play the game complaining it's too hard when it isn't?

I just did the Borg invasion of Orellius sector (Which is supposed to be the hardest) in my weakest ship and didn't even have to Tank the Borg Command Ship. This nerfing is getting ridiculous and needs an end put to it.

When is this end going to come???

Course I find it funny Sept isn't over yet and the questions are already answered...

Last edited by wolfpacknz; 09-14-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 852
09-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Don't think Remus would want to be left out of the empire and I doubt the romulans would want to leave there slave labour force of remans go either
As someone who'd prefer to play a Reman I don't much relish the notion of continued slavery.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Ensign
# 853
09-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Please can you make it possible to buy uniforms and ships with energy credits? Thankyou
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Needs Of The Many Out Way The Needs Of The Few!"
Republic Veteran
# 854
09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulanforces View Post
My story-line doesn't require a civil war. Once the Romulan forces in exile have strengthened, they will make contact with the colonies that are already known. I am also designing new ships and a new emblem that doesn't hold Remus within it's claws. The Remens will be left out of the new empire to do as they will.
i have to admit i do like some of your idea. i remember playing final unity. a very long time ago. wasn't there a race called the garidians? who are also in a not so green looking warbird? anyway.
yeah i can see some sense in what you say there is no way all science engineering military or tal shiar would all happened to be on the romulan home world. when the disarster had happened. so stands to reason there is many still about that can rebuild the rse.

even if they never used the chodak as a main story that drives the rse back in to power in some way. maybe something else on the other side of romulan space in the beta quadrant could.
the idea that the chodak could indeed make an appearance in some kind of mini series of episodes would also be pretty cool. beit for only romulans or even for all factions would indeed be pretty interesting. from my own personal gaming i've seen them pop up twice and that was in 2 microprose? game. final unity and birth of the federation... which was a great game aslo. choday was just a random event from what i recall. bit like the borg turning up or the crystaline entity.
Captain
# 855
09-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp85pne View Post
Please can you make it possible to buy uniforms and ships with energy credits? Thankyou
Unfortunately, most uniforms are c-store ships, and therefore they'll always cost Zen. The same goes for most of the c-store ships. Are you really saying that it's that hard to go out and grind some dilithium to convert to zen for these things?
Rihannsu
# 856
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
It is possible to have a splinter faction of the romulan forces, but a romulan civil war is not in the interests of either side because of the federation and klingons aswell as the other races that may try to take advantage, but thats not forgetting the infighting on the senate for control as to who will lead the empire. although possible, there is little logic in the idea.

start on nova roma on Rator III as a typical Uhlan after getting your character sorted and one of the three classes, do the Romulan tutorial and become a regular officer at the rank of sublieutenant, start your progression. it obvious the romulans need a few more ship designs. the Romulan scout ship is canon and should of been added like the romulan science ship, there is mention of a romulan cruiser and patrol ship as well as a romulan interceptor.
I'm thinking more like a Civil Cold War. The two sides antagonize each other daily, but rarely actually try to kill each other.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 857
09-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Feel free to list them in here -- the team is watching this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Umm, okay! *Night of the comet* My biggest pet peeve to date happened on this one.

So, we defeated the comet, and I cloaked my ship and started flying across the map past the fleet of enemies who were absolutely none the wiser. Well, some numb nuts decided to pop up a dialogue box right while I was in the middle of the enemy fleet immediately decloaking me. Which I didn't notice as I was attempting to READ the dialogue box (like a faithful little federation captain), UNTIL I magically started taking fire from every possible direction and blew up a few seconds later.

I'm sorry, but message pop-ups SHOULD NOT DE-CLOAK YOU. You should not be insta-killed because the game decided you needed to decloak in order to read a message. Sorry, but I can read messages JUST FINE while cloaked, thank-you-very-much. (Can't tell you how many times I've gone to click on the big 'read e-mail' button on my command chair and accidentally clicked on the big red button with BOLD letters that says 'don't click this or you'll decloak and blow up your ship'. [/sarcasm])

How many times have you seen a klingon BoP's cloaking device in a TNG episode or a Star Trek movie fail just because somebody hailed them? Or rather sent a message out on all channels, HOPING there was a BoP out of there that could hear them?? That's right, NEVER. (Except on the rare occasion where the BoP comes out of nowhere and decloaks TO ATTACK. But that's an intentional thing, not a haphazard 'oops, the comm system broke our cloaking device' moment.)

If simply hailing someone auto-decloaked their ship, the Klingons/Romulans would be defenseless. This seriously DOES need to get fixed, regardless of the 'intent' that all interactions in the game should annoy the playerbase as much as humanly possible (err, I mean the intent that all 'interactions' should remove stealth).

Sorry but a fed captain yelling at cloaked Jem Hadar doesn't magically decloak them. Neither does a fed captain sending out a message on all channels magically decloak all nearby ships... Just doesn't happen. Would be silly if it did. Hence why it's considered so silly in-game.

So, yes, indeed, this BUG needs to get FIXED.

"It's not a bug, it's an 'undocumented feature'..."

Yeah, yeah, just FIX it. The playerbase politely asks for it...

It's happened on other missions too. That one was just a giant WTF moment. Seem to recall I warped out of the map shortly thereafter and then blew up again, adding insult to ship injury. Though that could have been on a different mission?

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 09-14-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Ensign
Include player's crew plotlines backgrounds, relationships, to add character to them.
Captain
# 859
09-14-2012, 03:24 PM
The game desperately needs new missions for both the Feds and the Klinks and you guys want playable Romulans more? Sheesh.
# 860
09-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmirkin426 View Post
Umm, okay! *Night of the comet* My biggest pet peeve to date happened on this one.

So, we defeated the comet, and I cloaked my ship and started flying across the map past the fleet of enemies who were absolutely none the wiser. Well, some numb nuts decided to pop up a dialogue box right while I was in the middle of the enemy fleet immediately decloaking me. Which I didn't notice as I was attempting to READ the dialogue box (like a faithful little federation captain), UNTIL I magically started taking fire from every possible direction and blew up a few seconds later.

I'm sorry, but message pop-ups SHOULD NOT DE-CLOAK YOU. You should not be insta-killed because the game decided you needed to decloak in order to read a message. Sorry, but I can read messages JUST FINE while cloaked, thank-you-very-much. (Can't tell you how many times I've gone to click on the big 'read e-mail' button on my command chair and accidentally clicked on the big red button with BOLD letters that says 'don't click this or you'll decloak and blow up your ship'. [/sarcasm])

How many times have you seen a klingon BoP's cloaking device in a TNG episode or a Star Trek movie fail just because somebody hailed them? Or rather sent a message out on all channels, HOPING there was a BoP out of there that could hear them?? That's right, NEVER. (Except on the rare occasion where the BoP comes out of nowhere and decloaks TO ATTACK. But that's an intentional thing, not a haphazard 'oops, the comm system broke our cloaking device' moment.)

If simply hailing someone auto-decloaked their ship, the Klingons/Romulans would be defenseless. This seriously DOES need to get fixed, regardless of the 'intent' that all interactions in the game should annoy the playerbase as much as humanly possible (err, I mean the intent that all 'interactions' should remove stealth).

Sorry but a fed captain yelling at cloaked Jem Hadar doesn't magically decloak them. Neither does a fed captain sending out a message on all channels magically decloak all nearby ships... Just doesn't happen. Would be silly if it did. Hence why it's considered so silly in-game.

So, yes, indeed, this BUG needs to get FIXED.

"It's not a bug, it's an 'undocumented feature'..."

Yeah, yeah, just FIX it. The playerbase politely asks for it...

It's happened on other missions too. That one was just a giant WTF moment. Seem to recall I warped out of the map shortly thereafter and then blew up again, adding insult to ship injury. Though that could have been on a different mission?
Actually.... it IS documented... At least in the description of mask energy signature.

Seriously though.... In the show, people made a careful effort to not ever send out any communications or extraneous energy signatures while cloaked. BUT, doing so did not cause the cloak to drop. It gave enemies a way to triangulate your location and fire on you even though you were cloaked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
The game desperately needs new missions for both the Feds and the Klinks and you guys want playable Romulans more? Sheesh.
"desperately?" IMO, NO. It doesn't. it could use more, but "need"? no.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Closed Thread