Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 921
09-17-2012, 07:20 AM
if you had noticed the female boslics behavior, her name is Rionoj, she was not interested in alliances, only buying a selling what she trades, albeit mostly questionable or illegally at times. i doubt she cared to know either federation or cardassian. besides she wanted to sell junk to quark for a few bars of latinum, if she realized there was a jem'hadar child on board was not her concern.

the second thing is another boslic named Jaheel, he was to try deliver perishable supplies to his destination when a virus hit ds9 where he was stopping over at. he was only interested in his trade deal more then anything.

in both cases they were commited to trading then anything else for profit.

Last edited by varool; 09-17-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 922
09-17-2012, 08:40 AM
well this looks good to me. Unfortunately with cryptic/pwe's history ill believe it when i see it. Sorry Brandon and dastahl but ive completely lost faith in you guys hopefully u can gain it back, completing the kdf will go a long way towards doing that and will definitely get me spending money on this game again.
Rihannsu
# 923
09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Exactly! Sounds like the sort of race that might find a reason to ally with a major power later.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 924
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Since numbers mean so much to dstahl, I hope he realizes that 69% of the players are asking for story content in general, unless "playable Romulans" refers to doffs and grinders.
Captain
# 925
09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Since numbers mean so much to dstahl, I hope he realizes that 69% of the players are asking for story content in general, unless "playable Romulans" refers to doffs and grinders.
dstahl likes numbers? Let's try this one:

46 things in centersolace's list in Problems with the new forums: a complete list thread are still not fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 926
09-17-2012, 12:34 PM
In reference to this Link to the Ask Cryptic.

I am not a tweeter but I would like to ask the ablity to use Lt. tier 1 ships eg. Miranda refit Enterprise A Fed. and QulDun Bird-of-Prey Kdf.This would be at the VA.I would really like to use some of my earlier smaller ships.

What about being able to chang traits?
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 09-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 927
09-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Re: Roms

I just can't swallow the entire idea about Roms choosing sides. I mean, come on, Trek canon establishes an inherent dislike between Klingons and Romulans. It just doesn't pass the canon test. The Klingons would never take them, and they'd never work well together. Wouldn't it be obvious that they'd ally with the Vulcans?

Maybe the Remans would choose the KDF.
I disagree,

Klingons will not kill all Romulans just because they are Romulans. They understand that individuals vary in levels of honor/dishonor. They (KDF) fought a war with the Gorn, but instead of wiping out the species; they melded them into the empire.

Better yet, the Gorn, Naussicans, and Orions weren't placed into servitude. They all had equal opportunities to earn honor and glory for the empire. And remember that Romulans are much more advanced in Science, Engineering, and Combat tactics then those three.

Klingons would welcome the advancements and even with prejudices against the Romulans; would still allow each the opportunity to earn and/or prove their honor.
Republic Veteran
# 928
09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by kirksplat
Re: Roms

I just can't swallow the entire idea about Roms choosing sides. I mean, come on, Trek canon establishes an inherent dislike between Klingons and Romulans. It just doesn't pass the canon test. The Klingons would never take them, and they'd never work well together. Wouldn't it be obvious that they'd ally with the Vulcans?

Maybe the Remans would choose the KDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nador67 View Post
I disagree,

Klingons will not kill all Romulans just because they are Romulans. They understand that individuals vary in levels of honor/dishonor. They (KDF) fought a war with the Gorn, but instead of wiping out the species; they melded them into the empire.

Better yet, the Gorn, Naussicans, and Orions weren't placed into servitude. They all had equal opportunities to earn honor and glory for the empire. And remember that Romulans are much more advanced in Science, Engineering, and Combat tactics then those three.

Klingons would welcome the advancements and even with prejudices against the Romulans; would still allow each the opportunity to earn and/or prove their honor.
if the worse case scenario happens, romulans would end up in the feds and remans in the kdf.... at the end of the day that would be a cop out. so having their own faction is the way to go more options long term. be it story, pve, pvp other races.... etc
Survivor of Romulus
# 929
09-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I guess for me, adding Vulcans to the Romulan faction is a mixed thing.
1.On one side the Romulans are really p'd off that Vulcan would not help them when needed with the red matter; (and I am aware that the Romulan senate delayed things also by not listening to Spock).

2.There are Vulcan isolationists about that would support Romulans, and I believe there would be Vulcans who would be dismayed that their (Vulcan) government would were not prepared to assist others in a time of dire need regardless of their torrid history.

That is why I felt that other races with exception to Garidians, Romulan ex-Borg, Romulan Military, & Tal Shiar should be the starting choices until even level 20. Romulans are still attempting to re-org atm and establish some kind of stronghold. Once that is established and communications are reestablished with off worlders and sympathizers, there would not be any other races with a Romulan faction.

I'm still against having Hirogen as a character choice and think that any Hirogen bridge officers acquired should be like a one off special reward for completing a mission like the feature episode Reman & Breen bridge officer award. I believe and will be writing into my storyline that the Hirogen in general will return to hunting new prey which includes Romulans, and that their agreement with Sela was only a mutual agreement between them and Sela - they both used each other. Hirogen have now established a hunter's base in the Beta quadrant to extend their hunting further on any they cross paths with.
Lower your shields and prepare to boarded!
Captain
# 930
09-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I would tend to think they would be separate faction all on thier own don't forget they have the hirogen as allies.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Closed Thread