Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these features would you like to see most in 2013?
More Feature Episodes 628 17.07%
More KDF Content 699 19.00%
More Fleet Missions / STFs 270 7.34%
More Foundry Improvements 63 1.71%
More Rare Ships 97 2.64%
Playable Romulans 1,123 30.52%
Improve PVP 315 8.56%
Improve Duty Officer System 73 1.98%
Improve Crafting 116 3.15%
Improve Exploration 295 8.02%
Voters: 3679. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Commander
# 931
09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't think the True Way or the Borg should be playable factions to begin with. first off, the current state of the True Way after the Federation storyline would made them useless. unless Cryptic changes it where the True Way manage to overthrow Detapa council and make a new militant Cardassian Union that could make it a playable faction, but i don't c Cryptic changing their storyline at all. as for a Borg Faction... LOLZ u wish, have u ever seen a Borg drone besides a Liberated Borg or a Borg Queen thinking for itself, giving orders or selecting its own bridge crew... NO. i could see a Possible Borg Renegade Faction but i highly doubt it due to the species & trait problems and not to mention there is playable Liberated Borg character on each side. The only playable faction i could see after the Romulan Star Empire is the Dominion as they could have playable races Founder, Vorta, Jem'hadar, Dosi, Keramma, etc. and maybe the Hunters if or when the Dominion conquer them in the storyline. many of u would say that the Founders would be overpower in the game which i would say to be untrue, i think they should carry weapons if they want and they would need 1 or 2 passive non-attack traits that would fit them and optional traits like the tentacle hold, 360 stretch arm spin or just any other space or ground trait the player want for their Founder character. and again for the Cardassian Union at their current state i think they should be a C-Store Cardassian Playable Character (Like the Joined Trill) and BOff option lending their services for other factions like UFP, KE and a future RSE.

Last edited by oakland4life; 09-17-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Ensign
# 932
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
will there be an increase in the level cap, and will there be more features that don't require zen as there are many of us out there who do not have the chance to pay real money to buy zen?
Empire Veteran
# 933
09-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland4life View Post
I don't think the True Way or the Borg should be playable factions to begin with. first off, the current state of the True Way after the Federation storyline would made them useless. unless Cryptic changes it where the True Way manage to overthrow Detapa council and make a new militant Cardassian Union that could make it a playable faction, but i don't c Cryptic changing their storyline at all. as for a Borg Faction...
Here is an idea to throw out, just for brainstorming for the Dev's if they do have ideas floating around for a True Way faction a few years down the road, doubtful but you never know. What if the Klingon Empire invaded and conquered Cardassia? Could be a campaign/set of missions in the KDF faction.

The True Way then turned from terrorist and traitor into a liberation force. They have become the only hope for the Cardassian people, a resistance so to speak operating out of a secret plant/base deep in Cardassian space. It would then make more sense for a True Way faction and would be much better than a Dominion faction imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkeither View Post
will there be an increase in the level cap, and will there be more features that don't require zen as there are many of us out there who do not have the chance to pay real money to buy zen?
I would suggest you grind dilithium into Zen, you can get nearly everything in the game for free if you're prepared to work at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lieutenant
# 934
09-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Just popping back in to check up on things.

I voted KDF content.

Even though KDF as of now is second (19%) to Romulans (30%) . . .

I think that even after 2+ years of KDF players leaving due to lack of content, to register so highly on the 'stuff you guys need to do list'. . . says A LOT. (even to come in ahead of more FE's- THAT's astounding!)

BEsides, if you move on to a half-complete Rom faction, you tick off Romulan fans. And, hand yourself a second faction to complete, whilst presenting yourself with yet another disgruntled playerbase.

If you move on and develop a full-on Romulan faction before you polish up the KDF, you do a great dishonor to the loyal fans that have stuck around all this time. And, you'll have to do it eventually anyways. . .

Logic dictates your next move more than this poll does, but then again, we're only human. Thanks for the poll, and the chance to once again show my support of the KDF. I miss youse guys.
Captain
# 935
09-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
It is if PvP is what you really like... but not everyone does. I play MMO's because being an online game means far richer and constantly updated content then I could get in a stand-alone game. It also means there are occasional opportunities to interact with like minded folks. However, for the most part, I game in an MMO for the same reason I watch a TV show, read a book or play a stand-alone computer game... escapism! I'm trying to ESCAPE the real world and that includes all the people in it. I don't really LIKE the real people I encounter, for the most part. I prefer the imaginary people I encounter in books, movies, games and my own imagination.

So, no, PvP is not the most fun part of an MMO for me (and many folks like me). Because that means having to interact with REAL people (or the avatars of REAL people). If I wanted that I'd turn the computer off and head down to the local chess club or pool hall or (insert other real world establishment here). I prefer PvE where the "people" I encounter can be depended on NOT to break my immersion, grief me or do anything terribly unexpected. I already get enough of that in my day to day "real world" life... why would I seek more of the same for entertainment purposes??
Wow this reads as if i would have written it myself.
I fully agree with you, if i wanted to see people insult each other i sit into my car and drive to the next big city at rush hour, lol.

OT: I think that if the devs decide to focus on creating a Romulan faction there will be much less content for Federation and KDF for a certain amount of time.
Personally i would prefer if we could get a really well done exploration revamp first, so there is much more real playable content in a long term.
(In contrast to featured episodes which contain just a few episodes and then you have to go back to your daily grinding.)

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 936
09-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nador67 View Post
I disagree,

Klingons will not kill all Romulans just because they are Romulans. They understand that individuals vary in levels of honor/dishonor. They (KDF) fought a war with the Gorn, but instead of wiping out the species; they melded them into the empire.

Better yet, the Gorn, Naussicans, and Orions weren't placed into servitude. They all had equal opportunities to earn honor and glory for the empire. And remember that Romulans are much more advanced in Science, Engineering, and Combat tactics then those three.

Klingons would welcome the advancements and even with prejudices against the Romulans; would still allow each the opportunity to earn and/or prove their honor.
Klingons won't attack the Romulan populace when the Romulan military is taken care of, these people can not defend themselves and there would be no honor in it, just dishonor. if these romulan civilians do pick up arms then it becomes honorable. if not, then those romulans leaders will be killed and the Klingons will plant their own presence on the surface with a new leadership then made apart of the empire. Klingons don't care too much about romulan like any other race, the same with romulans. it is only certain people high enough in both sides that make these comments that give the false impression. have you forgotten the TNG episodes where worf went to search for his father and found a compound with romulan and klingons living together in peace? some klingons found they are already dead or abandoned this chase for honor and no presence to keep it up, there was no need to run this hate that apparently existed.
Captain
# 937
09-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nador67 View Post
I disagree,

Klingons will not kill all Romulans just because they are Romulans. They understand that individuals vary in levels of honor/dishonor. They (KDF) fought a war with the Gorn, but instead of wiping out the species; they melded them into the empire.

Better yet, the Gorn, Naussicans, and Orions weren't placed into servitude. They all had equal opportunities to earn honor and glory for the empire. And remember that Romulans are much more advanced in Science, Engineering, and Combat tactics then those three.

Klingons would welcome the advancements and even with prejudices against the Romulans; would still allow each the opportunity to earn and/or prove their honor.
Klingons would never accept Romulans as equals in an alliance and neither would the Romulans. They are calculating, discreet, sneaky untrusting and deceitful. They don't care for the Klingon concept of honor at all and they think Klingons would best be held in a zoo. I think there's only one way the Romulans would become part of the Klingon Empire - through conquest. The Romulans would probably be made second-class citizens. But I don't think the Klingons would survive a war against the Federation AND the Romulan Empire.
Survivor of Romulus
# 938
09-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Here is an idea to throw out, just for brainstorming for the Dev's if they do have ideas floating around for a True Way faction a few years down the road, doubtful but you never know. What if the Klingon Empire invaded and conquered Cardassia? Could be a campaign/set of missions in the KDF faction.

The True Way then turned from terrorist and traitor into a liberation force. They have become the only hope for the Cardassian people, a resistance so to speak operating out of a secret plant/base deep in Cardassian space. It would then make more sense for a True Way faction and would be much better than a Dominion faction imo.
Love your thinking.
One of my suggestions for a Klingon mission was to quell a rebellion on one of the Klingon held Cardassian Protectorates (from the Dominion war days) which the Klingons held on to. 'Tis oft quoted that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. True Way as a faction makes more sense than a demilitarised Cardassian people (remember they agreed not to field a military or wage war as long as the Federation protected their territories, something it is obviously struggling to do with war on so many fronts) if you consider that many Cardassians obviously feel the need to raise arms again since we see so many True Way vessels all over the place. Since they have some Alpha? Jem Hadar on their side, maybe they found an old breeding facility to bolster their numbers.

Back to the Hirogen in RSE argument. Why must all Hirogen be purely interested in hunting? In Voyager there was a faction trying to preserve the culture of the Hirogen, believing that the hunt had led their race to near extinction. In STO, Sela (who if I recall correctly is EMPRESS of what remains of the RSE) allied with a faction of Hirogen in order to consolidate power... why would she not still maintain that alliance in exchange for technology, manpower and ships? A few dialogue options in-game (such as superior officers reminding Hirogen characters of their place in the new RSE) and this option is eminently plausible (and likely, given the devs are going to look for race options that require as little work for the greatest variety as possible and Hirogen are already in game as NPCs). Don't get me wrong, I'll choose Romulan and want to fly my D'Deridex and D'Khazanak (anyone spotting the reference gets a cookie) but I would not think it was a bad thing to see the odd Hirogen walking around Rihan and fighting the Borg by my side.
Republic Veteran
# 939
09-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
Love your thinking.
One of my suggestions for a Klingon mission was to quell a rebellion on one of the Klingon held Cardassian Protectorates (from the Dominion war days) which the Klingons held on to. 'Tis oft quoted that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. True Way as a faction makes more sense than a demilitarised Cardassian people (remember they agreed not to field a military or wage war as long as the Federation protected their territories, something it is obviously struggling to do with war on so many fronts) if you consider that many Cardassians obviously feel the need to raise arms again since we see so many True Way vessels all over the place. Since they have some Alpha? Jem Hadar on their side, maybe they found an old breeding facility to bolster their numbers.

Back to the Hirogen in RSE argument. Why must all Hirogen be purely interested in hunting? In Voyager there was a faction trying to preserve the culture of the Hirogen, believing that the hunt had led their race to near extinction. In STO, Sela (who if I recall correctly is EMPRESS of what remains of the RSE) allied with a faction of Hirogen in order to consolidate power... why would she not still maintain that alliance in exchange for technology, manpower and ships? A few dialogue options in-game (such as superior officers reminding Hirogen characters of their place in the new RSE) and this option is eminently plausible (and likely, given the devs are going to look for race options that require as little work for the greatest variety as possible and Hirogen are already in game as NPCs). Don't get me wrong, I'll choose Romulan and want to fly my D'Deridex and D'Khazanak (anyone spotting the reference gets a cookie) but I would not think it was a bad thing to see the odd Hirogen walking around Rihan and fighting the Borg by my side.
maybe to limit hirogen in the rse the hirogen could be dare i say it..... the rse's c-store race???
Survivor of Romulus
# 940
09-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
maybe to limit hirogen in the rse the hirogen could be dare i say it..... the rse's c-store race???
Why not? Ferasans for KDF and most of the KDF allies ships are c-store so Hirogen and their vessels as a c-store option for RSE seems reasonable. Seems so obvious I'm actually feeling stupid for not suggesting it myself.
Closed Thread