Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm trying to make money, but not stress myself too much on top of it. I was thinking maybe Cure Elite, assuming at least one person on the team stays and babysits the Kang? I mean, how much tougher are enemies in STFs between Normal and Elite? Note: I've flown my Tac/Armitage in only a few Cure's so far, but all but one the Kang optional was met. So, fill me in?
Captain
# 2
09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonxx View Post
I'm trying to make money, but not stress myself too much on top of it. I was thinking maybe Cure Elite, assuming at least one person on the team stays and babysits the Kang? I mean, how much tougher are enemies in STFs between Normal and Elite? Note: I've flown my Tac/Armitage in only a few Cure's so far, but all but one the Kang optional was met. So, fill me in?
Infected is by far the easiest Elite if its done correctly. KA is pretty easy. Im not a big fan of cure, but its not too bad if the proper strategy is followed, although Id still class it as the hardest, because if the Kang takes enough fire it just sort of crumples...

So:

Easiest: Infected Space followed by KA.
Captain
# 3
09-07-2012, 04:20 PM
I dig cure more than infected, but it's harder. And tho I enjoy guarding the Kang it goes downhill real fast when somebody pops the wrong nanite gen and all 3 cubes go into spam-spawn overdrive.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Empire Veteran
# 4
09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
On the ground, KA is generally considered the easiest, optional or no, while Infected and Cure are considered harder.

Captain
# 5
09-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Infected Space Elite. Can be done quickly, with optional, and it gives the prototype shield tech.
Commander
# 6
09-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Puging elites, KA and infected are the ones to farm. If you have a supership and build you can pull terrible people though cure.

If your with a set group, run all three and then go do something else for half an hour.
Rihannsu
# 7
09-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Cure Space is probably the easiest to do with an unskilled team. While tactics like MLRRML or whatever work best, there is nothing akin to the 10% rule in CSE, no tactic that absolutely must be adhered to in order to complete the mission. As long as someone protects the Kang, you'll be alright. The tactics are also much easier to explain to people.

Another bonus is that you can fail CSE. ISE has no failure condition, matches can literally be endless if you have a griefer or a bad crew. This means you waste less time with leaver penalties. If your group fails to protect the Kang, you just have to deal with the normal cooldown on cure, if some noob ignores the 10% rule in ISE, you've got to either stick it out until you finish the run, or give up and take the penalty on all your STFs.
Commander
# 8
09-08-2012, 07:14 AM
The 10% rule isn't the only way to beat ISE and get the optional. I've been in teams recently where someone actually blew up my gen after I took it to 10% and clicked off to see where the others were, and we still got both objectives. You just have to have someone kill the spheres and probes before they reach the transformer. Of course, that only works if you have enough DPS teamwide to take down the transformer while one person chases the nanite ships off.

10% is the easiest way (and the most efficient), but it can be done other ways too.

Of course, on the flipside... I've run through ISE with a team that had low DPS and that takes friggin' forever. If you're short on time, run CSE or KASE.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
# 9
09-08-2012, 07:28 AM
space elite ----> infected
ground elite ---> khitomer accord

regular --> doesn't matter they are all crazy easy mode
http://www.the-bums.com
Commander
# 10
09-08-2012, 08:22 AM
If you can find someone who is a full blow carrier with a good setup you can run any of them pretty fast.

CC + fighters = no spheres or probes.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command