Lt. Commander
# 41
03-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
You guys may remember this topic:

Download Duty Officer Signature by anazonda, where he and I worked on creating the duty officer signature that seem very prevalent around the forums now. Ive seen many different versions, and I love them all.

But ever since Season 6, I had been wanting to update it to bring it in line with the newer Duty Officer UI. Ive finally finished that now.

The template contains:

- Every rank from on the Federation side from Ensign to Fleet Admiral, including two special ranks: Deputy Director & Fleet Captain
- Every rank on the Klingon Side from Bekk to Dahar Master.
- All 24 Duty Officer Trait Icons
- Every Veteran Accolade icon up to 1000 days.
- Miscellaneous currency icons (Refined Dilithium, Dilithium Ore, EDCs, EC, Expertise, etc.)
- Some random medal icons
- Every Doff rarity overlay from Season 5 (Common Fed and Klink, Uncommon to Very Rare, and a Unique Gold overlay done in the Season 5 style)
- Every Doff rarity overlay from Season 6 (Common Fed and Klink, Uncommon to Very rare, incl. Unique and Ultra Violet)
- Federation Civilian, Tactical, Engineering, and Science backgrounds
- Klingon Civilian, Tactical, Engineering, and Science backgrounds
- Colour matched (to rarity border) name fields (incl. a proper gradient for the Fleet rarity, thanks to brackyews)
- All 12 commendation catagories (Including Marauding for the Klingons and Diplomacy for the Feds)
- Federation and Klingon Faction icons
- Federation and Klingon Profession icons
- 3 Special fields, where you can find the above mentioned veteran, medal or currency icons (or you can add you own if you like)
- a quote field

You can download it here: Download

Max size (500x 150): In progress, will update when finished.

Font used in text layers is Century Gothic. Special text field 1, 2, 3 and the quote field have a colour overlay effect that, when enabled will change the font colour to the proper colour for a Klingon DOff.

This was done in Photoshop CS5 I can not guarentee that it will work in Elements or earlier versions. I do not know if it is compatible with GIMP or other similar programs.

As well here is anazonda's tutorial from the original topic on how to cut your character out:

If you want to see what it can look like, see my sig.
I don't have photoshop pal, how do I do it using gimp??
Captain
# 42
03-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Thank you, guys, for this. Without this template and the instructions in this thread, I would never have been able to create my signature here.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lieutenant
# 43
03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
I will have to get this but since I don't currently run photoshop I will need to pick that up.

However, if the pics posted here are any indication, the utility does not automatically put the doff icons in the proper order. I would want mine to be "correct" as far as the game goes, and in the game the icons always appear in alphabetical order, so aggressive always comes before efficient, which always comes before resolve, which always comes before telepathic, etc.

Peet
Captain
# 44
03-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanetribal View Post
Where would be the best place to get medals to add to the signature template?
I got many of the images from STOWiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimatefunky View Post
I don't have photoshop pal, how do I do it using gimp??
I can tell you that. I do not use GIMP. I even say that I do not know if it will work in GIMP. I can not support programs I do not use. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smi3th View Post
I will have to get this but since I don't currently run photoshop I will need to pick that up.

However, if the pics posted here are any indication, the utility does not automatically put the doff icons in the proper order. I would want mine to be "correct" as far as the game goes, and in the game the icons always appear in alphabetical order, so aggressive always comes before efficient, which always comes before resolve, which always comes before telepathic, etc.

Peet
You can order the icons any way you want within Photoshop, when you download the template. They can be moved around. How they are ordered on others signatures, (including my own), are just some of the ways.

EDIT: Ive added two new backgrounds to the template, Federation and Klingon Temporal backgrounds for your character picture.

Last edited by amayakitsune; 03-25-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 45
05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
im lovin this

Always Recruiting Join us at http://temporalimperium.enjin.com/
Commander
# 46
05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
the dropbox link does not work

could ya post a working link?
this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.

LLAP, everyone.
Ensign
# 47
05-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah, dropbox link is broken. I get a 404 error from them.
Rihannsu
# 48
05-16-2013, 06:30 AM
Try this link

http://fav.me/d55tm04 its the deviant page of the author
Commander
# 49
05-20-2013, 07:15 PM
link to dbox 404's, but post above me is good.
this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.

LLAP, everyone.
Career Officer
# 50 Thanks.
06-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Just found this post.
I wanted to thank you for your hard work and sharing, I love this.
Just made one myself. Since I dont have PS and am using paint.net instead, I converted it into .pngs. It was quite a fiddle, but thanks to your great templates all is well (after just a few hours ). Thanks again.

EDIT: Hm, the pic on the left is working but the sig wont. Yes, I uploaded and inserted it correctly, it is shown in the upper preview window. Any ideas please? Does the signature have to have text except the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] to work?

Last edited by carlcjohnson; 06-24-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: sig not working