Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Rihannsu
Let us collect here the missions where bridge officer statements should be transformed into mini-contacts so that you don't decloak when they come up. Please list every single mission where you feel such a transformation is required here in this thread, I will add them to the list in post #1 over the coming days.

• Ker'rat: All Bridge officer explanations.
  • STF's: All of the data analysis the bridge officers provide are not really requiring interaction
  • Alhena; why do I decloak when, just before the final enemy assault, the Keldon class cruiser hails me?
  • Random Exploration/Defend the Empire missions: "Enemies ahead" must never, ever be a decloaking trigger.
  • All fleet actions

As a sidenote: There apparently is a way in the game engine to not have the player decloak when you have a dialogue with your bridge officers, because that is what happens in the first Fek'Ihri mission (Blood of the Empire) where you encounter them: You have your bridge officers inform you, acknowledge it, but you don't decloak.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584

Last edited by sophlogimo; 09-09-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-08-2012, 12:19 AM
/ agreed with op
Career Officer
# 3
09-08-2012, 02:50 AM
any of the random exploration missions where you kill 5 groups of enemies. All of the "oh there are enemies ahead of us" messages from your boffs should not decloak you.
http://www.the-bums.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-08-2012, 02:59 AM
I believe the Fek'ihrr mission is set up manually for this somehow.
To apply that to every other missions they need to go through every single space map in the game including explorations.

To me the mini contacts sound good, better in fact than a button to push.
Rihannsu
# 5
09-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I believe the Fek'ihrr mission is set up manually for this somehow.[...]
Also works with the hailing your mission contact once you have completed a mission: you stay cloaked then.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-08-2012, 07:09 PM
this is driving kdf crazy in kerrat been waiting for this fix for over a year and now their telling us to compile a list so season 12 mabe?
Rihannsu
# 7
09-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Hm, judging from the contributions here, the problem does not seem to be that pressing to many players?
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Let us collect here the missions where bridge officer statements should be transformed into mini-contacts so that you don't decloak when they come up. Please list every single mission where you feel such a transformation is required here in this thread, I will add them to the list in post #1 over the coming days.

• Ker'rat: All Bridge officer explanations.
  • STF's: All of the data analysis the bridge officers provide are not really requiring interaction
  • Alhena; why do I decloak when, just before the final enemy assault, the Keldon class cruiser hails me?
  • Random Exploration/Defend the Empire missions: "Enemies ahead" must never, ever be a decloaking trigger.
  • All fleet actions

As a sidenote: There apparently is a way in the game engine to not have the player decloak when you have a dialogue with your bridge officers, because that is what happens in the first Fek'Ihri mission (Blood of the Empire) where you encounter them: You have your bridge officers inform you, acknowledge it, but you don't decloak.
I take it you haven't read the "Ask Cryptic" questions and answers,

Quote:
Q: (tovalmorgan) Are you ever going to fix the decloaking bug? Whenever your bridge officers talk to you or any kind of interaction window pops up on the screen while you are cloaked, the pop up window forces your ship to decloak.

Dstahl: To clear up some confusion about this issue, let me shed some light on how cloak is intended to relate to interactions within the game. It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth. With that said, there are undoubtedly missions out there that were made prior to the inception of the mini-contacts (the ones that fly across your screen) which are just providing information and shouldn?t need to be acknowledged. One reason we created mini-contacts was to allow information to be given by your bridge crew without you needing to acknowledge it for game design purposes. If you feel that a specific mission contact could be switched to a mini-contact that doesn?t need acknowledgement, then that is the type of suggestion that should be made. We can then look at the mission specifically and determine whether it warrants a mini-contact or not.

Rihannsu
# 9
09-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
I take it you haven't read the "Ask Cryptic" questions and answers,

As this thread was linked in there and was, in fact, triggered by that one, I am rather puzzled by your conclusion.

But apparently the total number of pressing issues with the cloaking bug is rather small, because, I mean, look at the list. It essentially boils down to "Ker'rat and stuff people don't do often".
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
As this thread was linked in there and was, in fact, triggered by that one, I am rather puzzled by your conclusion.
Ah because you mentioned STF's and Fleet missions.

Fleet missions are a new thing so they are covered by what the Dev has said regarding the way stealth works.

And the STF's have been updated to.

Had you not mentioned those I wouldn't have posted anything but because you did I assumed you didn't read all of what the Dev said.