Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
09-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Uhmm, I'm pretty sure the message after destroying the cube with spheres at the beginning of ISE decloaks me as soon as it appears, no need for me to acknowledge it.
Soon as its destroyed theres no immediate need to cloak again anyway so it doesn't matter, theres plenty of time after that message comes up to cloak again and this is pve we are talking about its not like a player is going to come flying up behind you and kill you.

If you really feel the need for stealth and you have a full KHG set just use the mask warp signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Check again
I did, I can get a screenshot if you want?
Captain
# 22
09-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I think the Foundry could do with the ability to make mini-contacts, minigames, and those neat shadowed versions of character pictures as seen in the What Lies Beneath and Hearts and Minds missions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 23
09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
Soon as its destroyed theres no immediate need to cloak again anyway so it doesn't matter, theres plenty of time after that message comes up to cloak again and this is pve we are talking about its not like a player is going to come flying up behind you and kill you.

If you really feel the need for stealth and you have a full KHG set just use the mask warp signature.

I did, I can get a screenshot if you want?
It does matter. Whether there is no immediate need to recloak or not it still should not happen.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 24
09-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:

Someone actually uses a full KHG set? Well, I don't anyway. And I cloak as soon as possible so I don't loose time and can switch to full impulse the soonest possible and get to the left cube. That's ruined by the window, which, btw. also makes me stop (unpleasant if caught in the remnants of exploding borg ships).

Also cloak might avoid me getting the aggro of the gate, and damn, I believe it happened to me several times when I didn't even look bad at the thing.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 25
09-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Bridge officer interactions should NEVER decloak your ship. What stahl said is garbage IMO.

These are "people" that are anywhere from five feet to ten feet away from you INSIDE your ship.

I understand dropping cloak if you pick up an item or answer a hail, but talking to your first officer should not drop your cloak.

His "Working as intended" is crap.
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
That's ruined by the window, which, btw. also makes me stop (unpleasant if caught in the remnants of exploding borg ships).
Ah well I think I know why I can stay cloaked and you can't with the message box's because you have mentioned the window causes you to stop.

Theres an option in gameplay settings to stop that crap, I can't rem off the top of my head which setting it is but if you look through I'm sure you will find it and then disable it.

Then your cloak should work just don't acknowledge the message and you won't stop either.

I'll see if I have enough time to quickly log on and see where this option is.....

EDIT: here go into your options and select this,
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11...633EBC500F859/

At least you won't get caught with exploding stuff with windows stopping you.

Last edited by ariseabove; 09-10-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Lieutenant
# 27
09-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Q: (tovalmorgan) Are you ever going to fix the decloaking bug? Whenever your bridge officers talk to you or any kind of interaction window pops up on the screen while you are cloaked, the pop up window forces your ship to decloak.

Dstahl: To clear up some confusion about this issue, let me shed some light on how cloak is intended to relate to interactions within the game. It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth. With that said, there are undoubtedly missions out there that were made prior to the inception of the mini-contacts (the ones that fly across your screen) which are just providing information and shouldn't need to be acknowledged. One reason we created mini-contacts was to allow information to be given by your bridge crew without you needing to acknowledge it for game design purposes. If you feel that a specific mission contact could be switched to a mini-contact that doesn't need acknowledgement, then that is the type of suggestion that should be made. We can then look at the mission specifically and determine whether it warrants a mini-contact or not.

this bull**** answer boils down to "we are not going to take the time to fix it, because the return on investment is nill. not enough people play KDF for us to bother fixing issues that the few KDF players there are have."

the lack of caring about the KDF player base is what caused me to get so fed up with my kdf toons that I stopped playing them....
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
Captain
# 28
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Ah well I think I know why I can stay cloaked and you can't with the message box's because you have mentioned the window causes you to stop.

Theres an option in gameplay settings to stop that crap, I can't rem off the top of my head which setting it is but if you look through I'm sure you will find it and then disable it.

Then your cloak should work just don't acknowledge the message and you won't stop either.

I'll see if I have enough time to quickly log on and see where this option is.....

EDIT: here go into your options and select this,
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11...633EBC500F859/

At least you won't get caught with exploding stuff with windows stopping you.
Ah, thanks, that is useful.

Also, should it not work as well in Kerr'at and anywhere else then? Not deckoaking you right away, but at least giving you the possibility to choose when to decloak by ackowledgeing the window?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 29
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm tempted to say this out loud:

CAN WE HAVE THOSE POPUPS REMOVED?

Most of the folks out here, run STFs for good 100 times already and seeing the same "captain we just killed the borg cube" popup for the 100th time is kinda annoying.

Not to mention the fact that dead cube explosion is really kinda haz VERY OBVIOUS special effect computer animation... Meaning, yes I can see that I just killed the cube, now I want to get out of the blast radius and the popup is preventing me from doing so...

Who's idea was it anyway to add that box after a kase tac cube?
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Lieutenant
# 30
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
Who's idea was it anyway to add that box after a kase tac cube?
probably the same guy who decided to decloak your ship when your bridge officer tells you the Kerrat mission has been completed...
"We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."

Last edited by tovalmorgan; 09-11-2012 at 12:46 PM.