Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Career Officer
# 11
09-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
every day the same flaming and every day it ends in nothing.

if you will have full success runs always do it with your fleet or friends in the private option.

a player who have done 10 or 100 normal stfs is still no grant on a fair run i see every stf players what are inover 1 year the game and they playing like a neewbies what start 1 week ago this game.
that would be good if my fleet did that
Captain
# 12
09-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralkevin View Post

In order to better the quality of Elite STFs instead of wasting 1 hr on something that can be done in 5 minutes in STFs why not introduce a system (perhaps later on when the game engine can support this) that REQUIRES OR REQUESTS THE PLAYER RUN THROUGH at least 3 runs (or some other arbitrary number) on the normal version of the STF. The game would strongly recommend that the player run through the normal version in order for the player to learn how each STF operates.
While i would applaud restricting access to elite to experienced players, this would not change much. After doing elite for weeks, i had a lazy day and ran normal on the stf yesterday.

To say it was a difference like night/day is an understatement. Normal is easy at just about any skill level while a successful run for elite requires at least an adapt skill level and good gear. Having to deal with injuries is something players cannot experience on normal either.

Last, but not least.. certain triggers are different in Elite. E.g. you can get away with blowing up a cube in cure normal before all probes are done, but in Elite this is a death sentence.

For the moment i think the only thing to do is grind our teeth and hope the newbies learn quickly (contrary to noobs who do not learn even with a whole field screaming at them to stop what they're doing).
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
09-10-2012, 04:15 AM
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Veteran accolade unlocks access to ESTF. That would mean that a player has to assemble one of these full Veteran sets in normals. Therefore, player would be introduced to basic tactics and gear and those (minigun rambos) who think they are too pro for normals, would be cuted off until they learn.
Commander
# 14
09-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Veteran accolade unlocks access to ESTF. That would mean that a player has to assemble one of these full Veteran sets in normals. Therefore, player would be introduced to basic tactics and gear and those (minigun rambos) who think they are too pro for normals, would be cuted off until they learn.
So, what about folks like me who don't give two flaming monkeys about ground STF's? You suppose we'd be locked out of Elite Space STF's 'cause we don't want to mess with ground STF's?

'Course, I can just grind up the EDC for one of those, too, so it's not like I have to set foot in an a Ground STF at all, though I'd really not want to have to waste it on stuff I probably won't ever need or use. :/

EDIT: It would still be ridiculously inconvenient for players with multiple characters.

Last edited by corsair114; 09-10-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Captain
# 15
09-10-2012, 04:54 AM
I think there should be another level of difficulty between Normal and Elite Possible just a simple one like Hard.
I for one did a few normals before a fleet I was in put me in some Elite with them The space ones I was ok in the ground ones are where I failed big time.

It got to the point now where I am doing more Normals to know the basic strategys especially on Ground STF's

However since you can;t get damaged on Normal I agree you should be able to do a few on Normal maybe enough to get MKX set gear. Then you have the option for Hard
Which allows you to be damaged and have to try some tactics.
Make this to get the MK XI gear

And then should Elite only be unlocked it would prevent players like me from making a mission a lot worse when you play on a mission you don't have the knowledge or build to take on.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
09-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
So, what about folks like me who don't give two flaming monkeys about ground STF's? You suppose we'd be locked out of Elite Space STF's 'cause we don't want to mess with ground STF's?
If such system would be implemented, there could be accolade for ground and space separately.
Quote:
EDIT: It would still be ridiculously inconvenient for players with multiple characters.
Don't look for easy ways.
P.S. Greater plan: Accolades turn into achievements = accountwide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
I think there should be another level of difficulty between Normal and Elite Possible just a simple one like Hard.
Doesn't matter, "miniguners" think they are too pro to use any difficulty besides max. In elite would be greater rewards so they would skip easy, medium, hard,etc.
Captain
# 17
09-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Just a little question: Are the ground injuries happening in different occurences than the space ones? Cause I see no difficulty in countering them in space. If you end up exploding, check and repair if necessary, takes about 4 seconds.
I have a hard time believing there's anything newbies need to learn about them, except the fact they exist.

Other than that, yes, it would be nice if only people who know what they're doing (or what they should be doing) -competent, comes to mind- could have access to elites. However, how to gauge that level of competence I don't know. Given that the knowledge of shield distribution is far more useful than any STF store shield you can get, along with their set bonuses, letting players queue only with such equipment isn't a solution. Setting an amount of normals to run is also not a guarantee a player is competent when he finally unlocks elites.

Still, they should at least make it mandatory to run a normal version of whatever STF you then want to run on elite (if that's not the case already).

And lastly, if they ever introduce the necessity to run X (higher number) normals before hopping on elites, I hope the "unlock" of elites would be for all toons on an account. Therefore, players with numerous alts wouldn't have to waste time in normals without reason.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 18
09-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
If such system would be implemented, there could be accolade for ground and space separately.

P.S. Greater plan: Accolades turn into achievements = accountwide.
If that was the case my main beef with the suggestion would disappear like so much dust in the wind.
Commander
# 19
09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Just a little question: Are the ground injuries happening in different occurences than the space ones? Cause I see no difficulty in countering them in space. If you end up exploding, check and repair if necessary, takes about 4 seconds.
Takes the same amount of time on ground, and you can do it while the respawn counter ticks down (which is what I do since I'm not doing anything else).
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 20
09-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Takes the same amount of time on ground, and you can do it while the respawn counter ticks down (which is what I do since I'm not doing anything else).
I see... So why the heck are there still people with like a dozen injuries? It's just so simple to heal/repair. That's beyond me...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!