Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
I think it's EXTREMELY inappropriate to burn players on energy credit transfers between gold and silver accounts.

I was trying to hook up my daughter's toon with some energy credits and attempted to give her 15,000,000 to pretty much cover her career. According to the matrix, silver accounts have a cap of 10,000,000. That's fine, but where did my 5 million go?

I've never seen a interface that just dumps excess funds like they are nothing. I realize they set these standards for a reason, but can't the devs simply add a program where any excesses are returned to the person transferring or just make the transfer invalid due to excessive funds? Allowing the money to just disappear is a real low blow that I think lacks courtesy to the time and effort players put forth to earn those funds.

My wife's a programmer and could set up this command string in her sleep. So what gives? This can't be about thwarting gold sellers, this is just lazy programming and penalizing players who don't reallize how absurd the game treats players.

Okay off soap box.; venting session over. Sorry for my rant; just so frustrated.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 2
09-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdekay View Post
I think it's EXTREMELY inappropriate to burn players on energy credit transfers between gold and silver accounts.

I was trying to hook up my daughter's toon with some energy credits and attempted to give her 15,000,000 to pretty much cover her career. According to the matrix, silver accounts have a cap of 10,000,000. That's fine, but where did my 5 million go?

I've never seen a interface that just dumps excess funds like they are nothing. I realize they set these standards for a reason, but can't the devs simply add a program where any excesses are returned to the person transferring or just make the transfer invalid due to excessive funds? Allowing the money to just disappear is a real low blow that I think lacks courtesy to the time and effort players put forth to earn those funds.

My wife's a programmer and could set up this command string in her sleep. So what gives? This can't be about thwarting gold sellers, this is just lazy programming and penalizing players who don't reallize how absurd the game treats players.

Okay off soap box.; venting session over. Sorry for my rant; just so frustrated.
One word....Cryptic is very lazy.



Yeah, that's right.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 3
09-08-2012, 03:24 PM
couldnt agree more why they cant just put a message saying this player cant recive that amount or just not transfer the extra in to a black hole
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,542
# 4
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
One word....Cryptic is very lazy.
The team started small, and had to do many things at once. That practically demands cutting corners, or making lazy decisions to save time/effort/money.

The team's expanded, sure, but regardless of the exact numbers, it's still not that easy to get rid of an attitude like that overnight.

My 2 cents
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 5
09-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
The team started small, and had to do many things at once. That practically demands cutting corners, or making lazy decisions to save time/effort/money.

The team's expanded, sure, but regardless of the exact numbers, it's still not that easy to get rid of an attitude like that overnight.

My 2 cents
Potato-Pototo....



Yeah, that's right.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,542
# 6
09-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
Potato-Pototo....
It's attitudes like that that won't help the game
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 7
09-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
One word....Cryptic is very lazy.
That's 4 words.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 8
09-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheeze View Post
That's 4 words.
Lol.... that took awhile.



Yeah, that's right.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 9
09-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
It's attitudes like that that won't help the game
The attitude of sticking your head in the sand to any and all things done wrong by Cryptic won't help the game either...just sayin.



Yeah, that's right.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,542
# 10
09-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
The attitude of sticking your head in the sand to any and all things done wrong by Cryptic won't help the game either...just sayin.
Hah, hardly

It's more like the fact that most of the things people think are 'wrong', are more grey area to me. I get far more enjoyment that way, even though I know the difference.

It's how I roll.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM.