Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 424
# 1 Playable Races for Purchase
09-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I would like to see the following as Playable races added in the Z-Store
  1. Aenar (Fed)
  2. Deferi (either)
  3. Breen (Either)
  4. Vorta (Either)
  5. Reman (Either)
  6. Ferengi (KDF)

For Aenar, you can already purchase Bridge Officers of them from the Z-Store so it shouldn't be too difficult to add them as a playable race...

Breen and Reman also have Bridge Officers available (albeit with no customization available) so I wouldn't see too much problem there either (especially if they are actually working on allowing those to be customized as I thought I had heard a Dev say they were)

Vorta and Deferi already have the art in the game, just no Playable Characters or Bridge Officers so maybe a little more difficult


As far as Traits (required (R) and available (A)) I was thinking something allong the following (maybe)
Aenar - Blindsense (R), Project Image (A), Cold Dwelling (A), Pacifist (A)
Breen - Cryonic Visor Beam (R), Cold Dwelling (A), Mental Discipline (A) and maybe something where they don't require Environmental Suits
Reman - Telepathic (R), Mental Burst (A)



On a similar (though simi-unrelated) note, Would it be possible for those who have the Liberated Borg Playable Species (and Liberated Borg Bridge Officers) to make them any species they have available? (I'd love to play as a Liberated Gorn or Liberated Andorian)
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
# 2
09-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
  1. Aenar (Fed)
  2. Deferi (either)
  3. Breen (Either)
  4. Vorta (Either)
  5. Reman (Either)
  6. Ferengi (KDF)
Not bad. Deferi, Vorta and Ferengi are nice races to join in any faction. You can add Orion to FED, because have a high amount of people wanting an Orion in the Federation ship, but is too lazy to hit level 4 in diplomacy or don't want to make an green alien girl.

But you have to keep something in mind: If the Dev make a new race, have to spend some time making some small parts to customize eache character.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,752
# 3
09-08-2012, 05:52 PM
1: agreed
2: agreed
3: meh, I hate them
4: um, sure. I already made a Fed Alien char to look like a Vorta.
5: Remans should probably be saved for a playable Romulan faction.
6: agreed

for Breen traits, I'd go with: Cold Dwelling (R), Cryonic Visor Beam (A), Mental Discipline (A)

AFAIK the visor beam is a function of the Esuit they wear. And... Breen outside suits is a no-no. There is no canon depiction of the Breen inside the suit.

Hmm... on that note.... there's a surprisingly large number of customization options unavailable to Alien chars... You can have Trill markings on your HEAD, but not body or legs. And a lot more, there's many appearance options available only to one race.

EDIT: forgot my daily spiel...

7: add Kriosians to KDF as a playable race!

They can use the art for Trill so it's not like they need to make new char art.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 424
# 4
09-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapoint View Post
But you have to keep something in mind: If the Dev make a new race, have to spend some time making some small parts to customize eache character.
Well, I'd say that most if not all of the races I mentioned already have the customization (particularly Aenar and Ferengi as Aenar can be customizable BOFFs already and Ferengi are already Playable on the Fed side)

I think Deferi and Vorta have all the pieces available in the Alien creation too

Which just leaves Breen (maybe different helmet options) and Reman (probably the most work).



As for Reman being saved for the Romulan Faction... Per the story line they hate each other and would be more likely to join Fed or KDF. Besides, even the poll on the most recent Ask Cryptic asks about "Playable Romulans" not a "Romulan Faction" so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,752
# 5
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd be cool with Romulan and Dominion mini-factions being available in Z-Store.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
# 6
09-10-2012, 04:34 PM
i agree with everything. And i agree even more so because u didnt ask for Libirated borg.

And no we are limited to Lib Borg Human and klingon
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 424
# 7
09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I'd be cool with Romulan and Dominion mini-factions being available in Z-Store.
Sadly, per this post by Dan Stahl in the recent Ask Cryptic, it seems STO will be forever stuck with 2 factions and no more (mini-factions or otherwise)
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,136
# 8
09-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapoint View Post
Not bad. Deferi, Vorta and Ferengi are nice races to join in any faction. You can add Orion to FED, because have a high amount of people wanting an Orion in the Federation ship, but is too lazy to hit level 4 in diplomacy or don't want to make an green alien girl.

But you have to keep something in mind: If the Dev make a new race, have to spend some time making some small parts to customize eache character.
I'm sorry, but I'd rather drop dead than see the Federation take our Orions. You want a Orion then make a green alien.

Why do feds have to take every little thing that makes KDF unique?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 973
# 9
09-11-2012, 04:13 AM
id love to see more playable races it would also give people more of a reason to make a alt.

id also like to see all current races added to liberated borg option why do only human and klingon survive being liberated
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,752
# 10
09-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Sadly, per this post by Dan Stahl in the recent Ask Cryptic, it seems STO will be forever stuck with 2 factions and no more (mini-factions or otherwise)
Actually, Mr. Stahl ended by saying that it might happen, but is not a good idea at this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I'm sorry, but I'd rather drop dead than see the Federation take our Orions. You want a Orion then make a green alien.

Why do feds have to take every little thing that makes KDF unique?
Because that's what they do? They're sneaky, devious, and want to absorb all other civilizations in the UNIVERSE!



I actually did make a fed (alien) char who is an Orion/Kriosian hybrid. It's kinda fun to play as.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 AM.