Rihannsu
Hoping someone here might have a workaround for this newly introduced "feature".

I like to maneuver my ship using keyboard while using the mouse for anomaly scanning and with the Season 6 update: "WASD keys can now be used to control the scanning and mining minigames." This means now I cannot turn while scanning, otherwise the key presses affect the mini-game interface.

I've cleared the movement keys using /unbind <key>, and tested it so that the key no longer affects movement and it also stops the key from affecting the scanning game, but when I bind the key to movement ( using "/bind Q +left" for example ) it automatically is active for the mini-game again.

Is there any way to get a key bound to movement and NOT the mini-game interface at the same time? Does the mini-game use a different command that I can bind a key other than the movement keys just to get it away from the movement keys?

Any help would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekeroftech View Post
Hoping someone here might have a workaround for this newly introduced "feature".

I like to maneuver my ship using keyboard while using the mouse for anomaly scanning and with the Season 6 update: "WASD keys can now be used to control the scanning and mining minigames." This means now I cannot turn while scanning, otherwise the key presses affect the mini-game interface.

I've cleared the movement keys using /unbind <key>, and tested it so that the key no longer affects movement and it also stops the key from affecting the scanning game, but when I bind the key to movement ( using "/bind Q +left" for example ) it automatically is active for the mini-game again.

Is there any way to get a key bound to movement and NOT the mini-game interface at the same time? Does the mini-game use a different command that I can bind a key other than the movement keys just to get it away from the movement keys?

Any help would be appreciated.
This has been a bit of an annoyance for me as well. Why in the Cosmos they would even bind the mini-games to WASD in the first place, without allowing the bindings to be separately remapped, baffles me. I would like to see this reverted back to how it originally was, at least. It is most annoying for me while in space, collecting samples.

Hopefully there is a work-around I haven't been able to figure out but someone else has. Otherwise, this should be reported in Bug Reports too. I'll wait a bit to see what others have to say, then I'm going to submit an official bug report on it.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 08-05-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
09-12-2012, 10:42 PM
I just recently came back to STO and this was one of the first things that annoyed me. I like to keep flying while scanning so I can quickly move to the next anomaly but this feature messes up with that.