Ensign
# 121
10-30-2012, 06:11 PM
How do I know if I have an up to date wrapper?
Ensign
# 122
10-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Nevermind. I've updated my wrapper. But I cannot find my setup.exe file to install too. Does this mean I have to reinstall the entire game?
Career Officer
# 123
10-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifecrux177 View Post
Nevermind. I've updated my wrapper. But I cannot find my setup.exe file to install too. Does this mean I have to reinstall the entire game?
not sure I understand. If you are going from an older version to a new one, you don't have to reinstall anything, you just move the Cryptic Studios folder from inside the old wrapper and stick it in the same spot inside the new wrapper and thats it.
Ensign
# 124
10-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I finally figured it out...somehow. But it takes really long to load up the game.
Captain
# 125
11-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm trying to download RachelGarrett's demorecord tool, but since I'm on a Mac it doesn't seem to want to work. I've been trying to open it through the Star Trek Online and Wineskin applications, but neither seems to be working. Is there a way to do it?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 126
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I'm trying to download RachelGarrett's demorecord tool, but since I'm on a Mac it doesn't seem to want to work. I've been trying to open it through the Star Trek Online and Wineskin applications, but neither seems to be working. Is there a way to do it?
I have no knowledge of that program or what it requires... it may or may not be possible to get it running int he wrapper... and it may or may not be easy to do... without having a clue what it is, how it was written and what Windows techs it relies on, I really cannot know.
Ensign
# 127 What am I doing wrong?
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey therealdoh123, I am trying to download the Wineskin and follow your directions, when I go to choose setup executable (which I am assuming is the .exe from the startrek online) it tells me oops. It keeps saying something about saving to the Drive _C in the directions but on my Mac I usually just save to a folder on my desktop or in my application folder. Any help? MAC OS 10.6.8
Career Officer
# 128
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrek88 View Post
Hey therealdoh123, I am trying to download the Wineskin and follow your directions, when I go to choose setup executable (which I am assuming is the .exe from the startrek online) it tells me oops. It keeps saying something about saving to the Drive _C in the directions but on my Mac I usually just save to a folder on my desktop or in my application folder. Any help? MAC OS 10.6.8
Make sure you're installing the full game and not the little downloader program that you get from the website here.

The wrapper is your Mac app you can put in Applications, but the Windows game needs to be installed inside that wrapper, meanings drive C (which is the drive_c folder inside the wrapper).
Ensign
# 129
11-10-2012, 02:35 AM
I haven't been able to play yet, because I get to the loading screen with the star fleet insignia right before character selection, and it just freezes/stays there. Any help would be appreciated.
Career Officer
# 130
11-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzof17057 View Post
I haven't been able to play yet, because I get to the loading screen with the star fleet insignia right before character selection, and it just freezes/stays there. Any help would be appreciated.
Any time a patch happens make sure you let it sit for 10 minutes or more... Annoying but eventually gets past that.