Ensign
# 281
05-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4tedward View Post
Good, now you're in the same bucket as half the players.

Make sure to hit the "options" button as soon as it's available and reduce the settings sdown as much as possible on the visuals. That should help too.
Actually With mine the launcher doesnt even have anything on it. Its just the size of the launcher but its all white.
Lt. Commander
# 282
05-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesssteph1 View Post
Actually With mine the launcher doesnt even have anything on it. Its just the size of the launcher but its all white.
hi

not just the option key. yes, when you can see options, reduce all grafics to minimum, after that, you can play with them a little bit.

BUT:

first time you log on, you will have a 15mins loading on the loading screen. i had that too. most people think, its frozen, but its NOT. just let it load. even if it takes 15mins. thats ok.

when you're in the game, try to change graphics as soon you can, otherwise you will have troubles. if that doesnt work, i can mail you my graphic prefs, which you could copy into your STO data folders. if needed, i explain where. doh123 explained that to me.
if any more questions, feel free to write, i try to help.

(i had problems at the start too, but don't worry, its doable )
Lt. Commander
# 283
05-22-2013, 01:47 AM
downloaded the new patch (fully, which is rare these days) and started the game. got into the game (long loading screen) and then after trying to log in (retrieving character) it said: Version mismatch - please patch the game. funny, i just did. after that i closed STO and restarted it. now i had the problem, that the launcher didnt show. it was just a white screen with the wine-symbol in the top bar. and a small window with the STO logo on it. ok, i thought i needed the new launcher. downloaded it, put it in, but nothing. then wine told me to download the new quartz package. i did (70mb) installed it, and tried again. same result: white launcher with X11 symbol. so i deleted the hole STO folder from my hard drive (i always have a working version on my external) copied the working one over and now i have to patch 10GB (i still had the 5GB prepatch folder, copied that into the STO folder where it should be, but it gets ignored). ok. so i download again (for about the 4th time) the hole update. now at 20%. will see what happens.
Ensign
# 284
05-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Good, now you're in the same bucket as half the players.

Make sure to hit the "options" button as soon as it's available and reduce the settings sdown as much as possible on the visuals. That should help too.
nothing happens when I click options
Lt. Commander
# 285
05-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob1997 View Post
downloaded the new patch (fully, which is rare these days) and started the game. got into the game (long loading screen) and then after trying to log in (retrieving character) it said: Version mismatch - please patch the game. funny, i just did. after that i closed STO and restarted it. now i had the problem, that the launcher didnt show. it was just a white screen with the wine-symbol in the top bar. and a small window with the STO logo on it. ok, i thought i needed the new launcher. downloaded it, put it in, but nothing. then wine told me to download the new quartz package. i did (70mb) installed it, and tried again. same result: white launcher with X11 symbol. so i deleted the hole STO folder from my hard drive (i always have a working version on my external) copied the working one over and now i have to patch 10GB (i still had the 5GB prepatch folder, copied that into the STO folder where it should be, but it gets ignored). ok. so i download again (for about the 4th time) the hole update. now at 20%. will see what happens.
i had to delete / uninstall the game, download it from scrap and update 10GB. but now expansion works fine.
Lieutenant
# 286 Legacy of Romulus
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
I notice that the patcher keeps trying to upload/sync certain dlls since the LoR release. Could it be that the wineskin isn't allowing them to properly download and THATs what's screwing things up?
Captain
# 287
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
I notice that the patcher keeps trying to upload/sync certain dlls since the LoR release. Could it be that the wineskin isn't allowing them to properly download and THATs what's screwing things up?
Cryptic has been doing a bunch of mini-patches since LoR launched. That might be it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 288
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
hi

not just the option key. yes, when you can see options, reduce all grafics to minimum, after that, you can play with them a little bit.

BUT:

first time you log on, you will have a 15mins loading on the loading screen. i had that too. most people think, its frozen, but its NOT. just let it load. even if it takes 15mins. thats ok.

when you're in the game, try to change graphics as soon you can, otherwise you will have troubles. if that doesnt work, i can mail you my graphic prefs, which you could copy into your STO data folders. if needed, i explain where. doh123 explained that to me.
if any more questions, feel free to write, i try to help.

(i had problems at the start too, but don't worry, its doable )
Well thats just It I never do see options It wont let me even get to the login screen. just big white window instead of the launcher. There are no buttons to click. It was working until they updated it but now thats all I get. I do have a tool bar with Star Trek Online Edit Window and Help on it but none of them have an options drop down choice.

This really stinks because my parents are sluggish on replacing the fried pc here and I haven't been able to play sto or let my friends online even know whats happening for weeks.
Ensign
# 289
05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
This is exactly my issue just a white window instead of our launcher.
Career Officer
# 290
05-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I was able to get the game to run decently using the MacDriver over X11... but its having some issues where the mouse pointer is very inaccurate and sometimes doesn't register mouse clicks... need to figure that out before making it available, because its too annoying to play.

EDIT: actually the mouse issue looks like its fixed with doing whats in this post...

Last edited by therealdoh123; 05-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.