Commander
# 11
09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymir View Post
well I have just come from an stf where we had an afk player, or more accurately a worthless sponger. I apologised to the rest of the team and left, as I refuse to put effort in to get a worthless sponger loot and a 1 hour penalty is not too bad.

I think we need some sort of kick vote requirement, if the other 4 team members vote to kick you, you are gone and someone from the list can join. I know there is potential for abuse, but about 1 in 10 of the stfs I join have someone sitting there doing nothing but clicking need on every drop, that's worse abuse of players in my opinion.
Vote to kick works great until someone kicks you for getting blown up, because they don't like your fleet, they don't like your ship, you went the wrong direction when they didn't say where they were going, your ship auto-targeted the gate when it fired on you (if you have auto-target attackers on), you made a simple mistake, clicking "need" on an item they want, etc.

Too much potential for abuse.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 12
09-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
Vote to kick works great until someone kicks you for getting blown up, because they don't like your fleet, they don't like your ship, you went the wrong direction when they didn't say where they were going, your ship auto-targeted the gate when it fired on you (if you have auto-target attackers on), you made a simple mistake, clicking "need" on an item they want, etc.

Too much potential for abuse.
I don't see annoyed players unilaterally "rage kicking" others being a serious problem when it is, after all, a vote.

Where I see this going wrong is fleets going into STF missions with 3 or 4 people, playing the mission, and then kicking non-fleet members just before the loot is handed out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
09-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I'd probably have the server grade people on a point-based system for participation in each mission.

Thing that get you points for participation, awarded only once:
+5 fired a shot at the enemy
+5 used any debuff or tactical ability on the enemy
+5 was hit by an enemy shot or explosion
+5 used any healing ability
+5 flew within 10km of an enemy
+10 shields failed on player ship
+10 hull fell below 50% on player ship
+10 used any healing or support ability on an ally
+20 killed an enemy
+20 used any support/healing ability on an ally who was 50% or less hull

These are intentionally really simple things that a majority of players will probably do in a typical mission. If the player with the lowest participation has a score less than half the next-highest, that player receives a zero for the battle.

Server keeps track of a player's average participation. Players with really low participation raise a flag on complaints and get preferential attention.

Most multiplayer games have some kind of anti-AFK/anti-bot defenses. It's only reasonable that this game should as well.
I think this is a great idea. Not only would it effectively get rid of AFK players, but it would encourage participating players to adapt their play-styles towards helping each other. Getting +20 for throwing a heal at someone who needs it is an easy thing to do, but right now most players (including myself) are more inclined to save them for self-healing.

I hope they introduce something like this.
Commander
# 14
09-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I don't see annoyed players unilaterally "rage kicking" others being a serious problem when it is, after all, a vote.

Where I see this going wrong is fleets going into STF missions with 3 or 4 people, playing the mission, and then kicking non-fleet members just before the loot is handed out.
Situations like I described can and do happen in games that have vote to kick features. When you give the players the ability to "punish" people, they start "punishing" people for no reason. I've been a victim of it myself for nothing more than telling someone I wouldn't vote to kick someone else for no reason. What they do is they send a tell to the people they want to stay "vote to kick ___".

We don't need it here, for the reasons I described as well as the one you gave.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Lieutenant
# 15
09-09-2012, 11:30 AM
I agree that something needs to be done about the "afk" leeches in STF's and Fleet events. What that something is however...personally I just can't think of a solution that would not lead to an even bigger problem. However as others have stated vote kicking isn't the solution. You'd see the innocent contributor getting vote kicked a whole lot more than you would a leech.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Also, the Nowin scenario is supposed to be for 50 only, not for low levels. It's bugging me when I see low levels diminishing our chances to get to Wave 6 ...
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Captain
# 17
09-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
Also, the Nowin scenario is supposed to be for 50 only, not for low levels. It's bugging me when I see low levels diminishing our chances to get to Wave 6 ...
Low levels can't get in to the NWS, so it's not possible you're seeing low levels in it.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Ensign
# 18
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post

And gaynir... that kind of solution is worse than the problem. Screwing over three other people because of one bad apple. Try to make it a group decision next time. You really want to be the kind of cop that deprives the kidnappers of their hostage... by shooting the hostage?
Asphe I don't shoot the hostage, I refuse to pay the randsom. You give in, pay the kidnapper and let them get away scott free with a big reward encouraging them to repeat their crime. Sorry, but I will not help leachers profit and as long as people continue to fourman their way through content to give them the prize for nothing then they will continue to leach. It sucks for the other three and for me ( I get no loot and a 1 hour ban), but the situation is created by the leacher and there is no easy answer. I am simply making a moral choice to not let my effort aid a leach.

I am assuming your mispelling of my name is a typo and not supposed to be an insult.
Career Officer
# 19
09-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
First, relax a bit. You're mad, and wanting an extreme end to a problem you have.

Second, yes, that's true, but how would that be done? I'm sure they deal with heaps of reports everyday.

Plus, permanent banning? Pretty harsh. What would the requirements be? Multiple, consistant reports from a bunch of people, or would it just be one single report? Multiple reports is ok, but one report? The exploitation is tremendous there.

Also, could you act against the report?

I'm not disagreeing with the problem, OP, but again, you want an extreme end to the problem, and while I do want a fix as well, not one like that.
you need to ban the idiots farming
need or greed needs a major fix I get tired of you know you got something good and someone right there spams f
I play stf's all time I have seen a ton of idots just sit let team do work and then get reward for it not cool
do it in cure space and now infected space these need to be reported and band from stf's
the idiots in khitomer ground going into other so don't die or just camp at that spawn point need to report them

these are suposed to be fun not frustrating
Empire Veteran
# 20
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Second, yes, that's true, but how would that be done? I'm sure they deal with heaps of reports everyday.

devs can produce code to detect if a player is really playing or not. It's easy, if you do not engage borgs for more than 3 minutes, you are not playing... so no reward, and ban from every pve/pvp event for 2 hours.

however the main problem are rainbow ships in elite stf (it's an elite stf, it is supposed only well equiped ships are sent in so important missions), peopple who do not repair their ships (why a damaged ship is sent in a so delicate mission?)...

Last edited by eurialo; 09-09-2012 at 10:59 PM.