Career Officer
# 21
09-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Is there a way to simply deny rewards for afkers that don't say...do any damage, or do any healing by the time the stf is done? Tho I imagine a botter could just do something like trigger their own heals or something....

Same thing for idle I guess, you just have it triggered to I dunno, make you do something minor every 60 seconds or so, so you never get an idle tag.

Meh, lets just find the moochers and beat their players in with a baseball bat
Empire Veteran
# 22
09-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I don't see annoyed players unilaterally "rage kicking" others being a serious problem when it is, after all, a vote.

Where I see this going wrong is fleets going into STF missions with 3 or 4 people, playing the mission, and then kicking non-fleet members just before the loot is handed out.
That would be a problem, I really don't know if there is a solution to this problem that couldn't be misused by players.

Perhaps something along the times of so much activity every minute, done by actual key pressing as we all know if it was just activity someone would set themselves up to be 9KM away from the gate with all weapons set to auto-fire.

I have only ever done one STF where someone went AFK, but it was due to real life commitments and he told us before he went AFK and was back after about 10 minutes and apologised to us, so our PUG team was cool with it.

Maybe it's during the Northern Hemisphere times that most people are on, my early morning. I play late in my day and I don't seem to have many problems, which is like midnight to early morning for the people living in the Northern Hemisphere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Republic Veteran
# 23
09-10-2012, 03:46 AM
Simple, have a timer in each section of every mission where your damage dealt/taken is calculated. If you don't reach a certain minimum, a vote to kick is placed on you at the end of that section. If a unanimous decision is reached, you are kicked and locked out for an hour or so. Reaching the minimum damage dealt/taken per section means you're contributing and a vote to kick never comes up.
Empire Veteran
# 24
09-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Vote to Kick. Anyone can initiate it. Puts up a vote to kick interface on every group member's screens. 3 votes needed for "yes" and the leech gets kicked.
Ensign
# 25
09-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Just ran another STF, same AFK leech was there. Didn't notice at first, as he was on another character, not his usual one. But it was the same @name. I'm tempted to post it in here. If I get in trouble for that, then why the hell are they NOT doing anything about the cause? How could they justify punishing me when they are not punishing him? Right?

Tempted, so tempted.

Either way, something NEEDS to be done about these worthless scumbags. So far, PWE/Cryptic has done nothing at all to even acknowledge the problem. And that in itself irks me as well.
Empire Veteran
# 26
09-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Just join the EliteSTF channel. Leave pugs in the past, problem solved. And if these AFKers are in the EliteSTF channel then report the @handle to the channel admin.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Ensign
# 27
09-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Just join the EliteSTF channel. Leave pugs in the past, problem solved. And if these AFKers are in the EliteSTF channel then report the @handle to the channel admin.
Problem NOT solved, really. I shouldn't have to accommodate another players bad behavior. I shouldn't have to change what I do, how I do it because PWE/Cryptic can't/refuses to enforce their own rules. It's their JOB to fix problems and resolve player issues. And they are simply not doing their job.

I could never understand why every single MMO company takes weeks/months to address any sort of bad behavior like this. Get off your fat a**es and do something about it. I don't give a rats tooshy what the excuse for not jumping on this is, just get it done NOW. Not fixing problems is one of the main reasons people leave a game.

And before anyone says it, yes, I have reported this one particular individual I seem to get grouped with frequently SEVERAL times. NOT a single word on any of the tickets. I'm sure this one particular person has had multiple tickets on him already. That should be a huge red flag right there. I mean, they DO have a separate field just for the @name. With the same name popping up so much, one would think that someone with more than 2 brain cells would take notice.
Empire Veteran
# 28
09-11-2012, 03:52 AM
I dont know why I post on these threads any more. I too have had the problem, started a thread, complained about it, yelled at cryptic.

These days I just report to GM, address the person in chat "I hope you enjoy your free loot" then I add them to "my who-to-pimphand if I see these people in Kerrat/PVP" list then add them to my ignore list.

I also now only roll with fleet mates or join the EliteSTF call outs.

On another note... STFs are getting too easy with all the new fleet ships and fleet equipment, I've been in groups of 3-4 and still taken home the optional. Cryptic wont do anything about the AFKers, just deal with it

(Sorry that I'm sounding like a **** but I'm over the amount of complaints in the forums about everything).
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Empire Veteran
# 29
09-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Unfortunately, you are witnessing the scumbaggery and one of the darkest nature of human race, and due to availability of free choice, humans are free to do so

Just a Vulcan logic
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 30
09-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Sadly this isn't just an STF problem either. The space and 2 ground fleet mark FA's also have this problem and it's growing. If I run into an AFK'er in an STF, I quit and take the penalty. I'd much rather see them get nothing than give them something for nothing.