Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 The reason for the low quality
09-10-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm sure most of us know about this

Clearly Cryptic had it working perfectly when they tested it.. so what is it rubbish on the live server? It reminds me of when I made a foundry mission, it was an excellent mission probably the greatest ever seen my the foundry, but then I published it and what had worked so well in the foundry was a complete mess, nothing worked the way it was set up to... I think Cryptic suffers the same problem, I think they're testing new content with a different version of STO than is used on Holodeck. That's just stupid.

The only other possibility is someone edited it after it was tested. which is possible since it looks like they've all been rotated around, bringing the HMS Enterprise out from under the ramp but put the Odyssey behind the pot plant...

Last edited by yonazaki; 09-10-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Its not like we have a test server where things like this can be tested before it hits the main game..... ohh wait.....

ummm.....

Well with the 1000's of lines of coding it takes to make this game these things can happen !!!!!
-----------------------------------------------

HHMMMMMmmmmm, Pizza !!!!!
Career Officer
Hey !

We have been slacking on the limited time project : history of the enterprise mainly because the dil was usefull elsewhere but nonetheless we finally completed it ... and we had a good laugh in the end.

For the sake of furnishing the base i'll pass on the fact the 12 pretty pictures for 200k dil is harsh.

So, we go checking that project result in the base and yeah cool the HMS and the CVN are here, there is also that new ship with rotating structure ... nice.

Most of the pannels are partially inside the wall on the upper side, not that important tbh since they are all named *enterprise*, but it gives an impression of sloppiness.

Now, the laugh that totally confirms said impression : Enterprise F, a.k.a big ugly harmless whale, has its pannel hidden by a giant flower pot if you have completed previous limited time project.

I mean, c'mon, don't you check in game how your new additions are rendered before putting them live ?
This one is totally unimportant gameplay speaking, yet it shows.

censored naked whale
Career Officer
# 4
09-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drailh View Post
Hey !

We have been slacking on the limited time project : history of the enterprise mainly because the dil was usefull elsewhere but nonetheless we finally completed it ... and we had a good laugh in the end.

For the sake of furnishing the base i'll pass on the fact the 12 pretty pictures for 200k dil is harsh.

So, we go checking that project result in the base and yeah cool the HMS and the CVN are here, there is also that new ship with rotating structure ... nice.

Most of the pannels are partially inside the wall on the upper side, not that important tbh since they are all named *enterprise*, but it gives an impression of sloppiness.

Now, the laugh that totally confirms said impression : Enterprise F, a.k.a big ugly harmless whale, has its pannel hidden by a giant flower pot if you have completed previous limited time project.

I mean, c'mon, don't you check in game how your new additions are rendered before putting them live ?
This one is totally unimportant gameplay speaking, yet it shows.

censored naked whale
These errors have been acknowledged by the DEVS and will be addressed in a forthcoming patch.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-10-2012, 05:44 AM
It's a shame, I actually campaigned in my fleet to get this special project done, and was upset by the overlapping top what covers the inscriptions. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Career Officer
# 6
09-10-2012, 06:18 AM
There's a test server? Quick, someone tell Cryptic!
Joined August 2008
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
09-10-2012, 08:52 AM
The change was likely accidentally not included in the last build. You guys will all be getting the fix.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Lieutenant
# 8
09-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
The change was likely accidentally not included in the last build. You guys will all be getting the fix.
Are you going to move the potted plant away from the Enterprise-F image, too?
--- I am Roche_Furman, know me and tremble in fear! ... Why are you not trembling, and which one of you guys is laughing?! ---
Captain
# 9
09-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
There's a test server? Quick, someone tell Cryptic!
I should mod this for trolling...

but it's true ;-) Sometimes I look at things and think 'Isn't this what Tribble's for?' I get certain items they want a touch of secrecy, but this shouldn't come at the cost of QA.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
09-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymarvin View Post
Are you going to move the potted plant away from the Enterprise-F image, too?
No, the whole set is rotated around to move the F out of the corner.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!