Career Officer
# 31
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
You, keep assuming what ever you want, but when it comes to STO canon, I listen to the devs.
Then you totally misunderstand the definition of Star Trek canon.
Lieutenant
# 32
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
ive herd alot of the star trek ppl do alot of voice overs for alot of bioware games DA1 and 2 not to say Patrick Stewart did a voice over for The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
True, and he did do three X-Men movies as Charles Xavier. Then I've seen the actor that played Miles O'Brian in Stargate SG1, the actor that played the EMH on Voyager on SG1 and a couple other shows, and the actor that played Tuvok(sp?) on Voyager in iCarley, if I'm remembering the show correctly.
Captain
# 33
09-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
STO canon is whatever is current and currently it states: "After Starfleet lost contact with Starbase 236 in late September, it sent the U.S.S. Enterprise-E to investigate."

END OF

Any previous references are now null and void. This version does seem to fit better than the previous "went missing" reference as it now simply follows from where Nemesis left off and leaves CBS/STO/Paramount carte blanche to write the next part of the story line if they so choose.
Hoo god.. that dev reference has no more than 2 months old! Is an UPDATE of the path to 2409 made on the Star Trek Magazine by the SAME dev that write the Path to 2409!

?What happened in that investigation? We don?t know, but it was establish that soon after (or on the same mission) the E-E travel to the Fluidic space and save the Federation from another war.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 34
09-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
And I said STO canon, no ST canon! The STO is not even canon by definition, so in the Star Trek canon Data is dead. In the STO canon, well, here it was the Devs said it is.

What ever.. yes, Data in the game is dead and the body is on some Iconian Lab.. if that make you guys happy.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 09-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 35
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
ok frist off if data is dead then why is he as B-4 at the end of the movie humming 'Blue Skies' at the end sorry but that is the frist clue as to how data comes back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT2A2Ltwly4
Career Officer
# 36
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
And this game is not Star Trek canon.

STO canon is what's more pressing here.

Every work has a canon.

Take the books of Peter David. He has an internal canon. To a point that when the shows contradicted him on Riker's middle name (he said the T stood for Thelonious, back before anyone knew what it stood for) then Peter David turned around and said in his next TNG book that Riker had two middle names.

STO can have its canon which INCLUDES Star Trek canon but which is separate from it.
Career Officer
# 37
09-10-2012, 10:39 AM
By the way, the "went missing" line was something I started on the forums. It's nowhere in any Cryptic sources.

I started it as part of a campaign to launch an Enterprise-F without using Data and without having to get CBS approval for what happened to the E. This is back close to launch.

Cryptic's official story is that the Enterprise-E was sucked into fluidic space. The crew made it back with no casualties. No one knows if the ship did (because CBS probably wants to save that story for someone else to write, maybe a cartoon or a comic book). Data is a professor at Oxford. (Why not Cambridge, I have no clue, unless Kestrel just got mixed up.)
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Lots of Star Trek Actors have played in both Babylon 5 and in NCIS.

Jim
Lieutenant
# 39
09-10-2012, 10:48 AM
brent spiners been in Big Bang Theory as a cameo and....independence day...i am not aware of anything else
Captain
# 40
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradym View Post
brent spiners been in Big Bang Theory as a cameo and....independence day...i am not aware of anything else
Brent has his own internet YouTube show called Fresh Hell.

And anyone can go over to imdb.com and see a list of shows any of their favorite actors have been in.