Starfleet Veteran
# 1 New star trek show...
09-10-2012, 04:25 AM
I have just seen on the net that Worf (Michael Dorn) has put his name and idea out there for a new star trek show, i was wondering if anyone has more information about this, if you think its a good idea and what you might like to see from it

If this is true i would like to see the prometheus as the main ship, with Worf as its Captain.

I think that theres a gap in the market right now for a good sci fi show and would love a new star trek show to come out
Captain
# 2
09-10-2012, 04:32 AM
sorry to tell you but there is already a thread of this in ten forward. But hopefully we will get a show in the prime verse. They should do this while they do the alternate reality stories with the JJ trek,
Commander
# 3
09-10-2012, 06:36 AM
I'd like to see this topic pick up in here , due to the fact I'm banned from ten forward , Guinan threw me out and refuses to let me back in . So please continue in here lol
Career Officer
# 4
09-10-2012, 06:52 AM
I don't see it happening unless it's set in the abramsverse. That's where the trek story is continuing and much more importantly it's where the money is.
Joined August 2008
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-10-2012, 06:55 AM
It's not the first show pitch, and the previous ones had writers, directors, and producers behind them. This one's got an actor whose character would probably make a worse captain than Janeway (though as Scorpion showed, "bad captain makes bad decisions and bullies anyone who disagrees" can still make for a decent episode).

Really not enough clout here to get wheels moving.
Career Officer
# 6
09-10-2012, 07:06 AM
i could see worf as rikers first officer and a show going from there.
Captain
# 7
09-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
I don't see it happening unless it's set in the abramsverse. That's where the trek story is continuing and much more importantly it's where the money is.
Really... Three years after Trek '09 and only a limited number of photos and no real info to speak of about the sequel... The money is REALLY there alright.

The MONEY is wherever they end up RELEASING the next Star Trek production. If they do a TV series, sponsorship will ensure profit.

If they do direct DVD sales, if they produce something like 13 hour-long episodes as part of an extended story arc, then they will make a lot of money on sales.

Look how successful Game of Thrones has been in DVD sales. Not everyone gets HBO. A Trek series made for DVD would work even without airing the episodes on TV. All they have to do is promote it heavily in every official and unofficial Star Trek / Science Fiction web site they can find, and people will be lined up on release day to get their hands on it. Base the viability of a second season on the sales.

Just saying...

Money is wherever people are interested in spending it...
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...
Commander
# 8
09-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Why do I get the impression people don't like janeway as a captain due to her being a woman, only captain I really see getting slagged yet also the only woman, ohhhh contravertial.
Career Officer
# 9
09-10-2012, 07:12 AM
to me we will never see a star trek show again not unless it had ghost hunter or jersey shore for thats all ppl care for now days looks @ syfy for a example if its not reality ppl just dont care for it also to me the science fiction as we new it dun gone
Republic Veteran
# 10
09-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
to me we will never see a star trek show again not unless it had ghost hunter or jersey shore for thats all ppl care for now days looks @ syfy for a example if its not reality ppl just dont care for it also to me the science fiction as we new it dun gone
SyFy, to me, is a traitor to the genre. I don't watch it anymore and care less whats on it. Since when is WWE science fiction? I miss SCIFI!!

As for a new show, I have seen it said somewhere that CBS does not plan on reviving Star Trek as a weekly series until, at the least, the current movies are done. They nolonger have interest in running a series and movies simultaneously anymore. They don't want Star Trek to die but, they don't want to saturate it either.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku