Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Rihannsu
# 101
09-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
It's a 'fan' theory (including mine) that ENT is set in a different timeline from the other shows, it makes all the pre Nero bits of ST 09 make more sense, i.e. the Kelvin looks like an evaluation of an ENT ship rather than a TOS one.

It's only fanon but it makes more sense that way. Though FC been the changing point doesn't make much sense.
I can accept that the Temporal Cold War might have created a variance in the timeline. It definately messed with the timeline a lot.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 102
09-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I can accept that the Temporal Cold War might have created a variance in the timeline. It definately messed with the timeline a lot.
See, this is why I prefer ENT is set in a alternate timeline/universe because I consider the whole "temporal cold war" thing a dog-awful plot excuse and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist in "prime universe"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
Captain
# 103
09-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I can accept that the Temporal Cold War might have created a variance in the timeline. It definitely messed with the timeline a lot.
My personal theory is that after the destruction of Romulas, Nemesis era Romulans went back in time and fiddled with the 22nd century, this started the cold war, branched the ENT series off from the other universe, and explains the Nemesis era uniforms on the Romulans in ENT. Also the Temporal War is responsible for Denoblians and the Xzindi.
Also due to the different timeline NX-01 was commissioned well before NCC-1701 (Pikes Enterprise) due to the escalation of the war.

The biggest 'proof' of this separate universe / timeline, is the non existence of NX-01 in and other series.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.