Empire Veteran
# 11
09-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Making people work for a special fleet uniform that can't actually be used as the fleet uniform is something I'd expect to come from the bad guys in a Police Academy movie.

Come on, Cryptic. Don't be the bad guys from Police Academy 2409. That means there's a Mahoney 2409 somewhere and none of us want that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim View Post
I think the Fleet Uniform should be unlocked for every fleet member once the tailor is ready, it should be available to be used in the fleet uniform tab and it should only be wearable as long as you are in a fleet that has them unlocked.

As soon as you leave the fleet they should become unavailable and removed from the player.
Sounds good. Signed/+1/On Board/etc.

[font=Cryptic Subliminal]Logical, well-reasoned solutions make customers spend money[/FONT|
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Lieutenant
# 12
09-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi all, this already was discussed 1 week ago when we reached Tier 3... and many laughed at us...

Now you see this for yourselves...

You work your arse out for this project, when done, you run to your tailor to try the new outfit and "voila", you smash your face to the sad and ugly truth, you have to PAY, AGAIN, and with EVERY SINGLE TOON you have...

Surely this is working as intended too...

I wonder how much far will Cryptic go with this disrespect to loyal customers...
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 13
09-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Okay. For those who say it should be a fleet unlock...

That involves some tech that doesn't exist.

Okay. So if I leave a fleet, what happens to the costume?

It's not possible to take away a costume unlock from someone.

It's not possible to limit a uniform unlock to certain slots.

Even if those two were the case:

Say I have the costume in my fleet slot. I leave the fleet. I join another fleet. That costume is still showing up in my fleet costume slot even though my new fleet hasn't earned it.

And the thing is, this uniform can be had in just a few hours of currency grinding and requires no personal contribution to your fleet to get it.

16k dilithium is, at WORST, 10 or so hours, for anyone participating in the dilithium economy. Likelier around 2-3. Or around 100 Cryptic Points in the store.

And the Fleet Credit side of the cost can be had in about an hour.

This is the cheapest costume in the game.

It's only expensive if you see the work of getting to Tier 3 as part of the cost. And nobody needs to do that to get this uniform.
Career Officer
# 14
09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Incidentally, it's NOT how I would have awarded it.

I would have had the tailor offer it "for free" to anyone who has 50k Lifetime Fleet Credits, which means you have loyalty to your fleet (since Lifetime resets to 0 if you swap) and access to a T3 Starbase.

Then the next costume would require 100k Lifetime Fleet Credits and a T4 starbase.

The one after that would require having 200k and a T5 starbase.

You wouldn't be spending Lifetime Fleet Credits (which act as your "high score") and you'd keep the costume once you earn it but the option would require HAVING 50k LFC and access to a T3 Starbase.
Empire Veteran
# 15
09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Okay. For those who say it should be a fleet unlock...

That involves some tech that doesn't exist.
They don't have the "tech" to do a simple IF/THEN check? Well, if that's the case they maybe should have considered that people would be kind of put out by not being able to use the fleet uniform they worked to get as their fleet uniform.

It's a cop-out to say they don't have the tech. They make the tech. If they don't have the ability to make the uniform you get from starbases a fleet uniform then they should have waited to introduce it until they did.

Edit: And isn't denying the use of certain abilities depending on where you are similar to denying the use of the fleet uniform unlock if you're not in a fleet with that project completed? That's an IF/THEN check, right? Or close enough to work for fleet uniforms. I'm not buying the "tech" excuse. Sorry.

Last edited by zordar01; 09-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 16
09-11-2012, 11:42 AM
At least you guys HAVE uniforms.

Yeah, that's right.
Lieutenant
# 17
09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Look, I can even understand to buy them, but that would unlock them for the entire ACCOUNT...

But no, they have to be greedy...
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 18
09-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
At least you guys HAVE uniforms.
I don't on either my Fed or KDF toons. We're T2 on Fed and um, embryonic on KDF. I'll make sure to let my Fed fleeties know how the uniforms work. They'll be as disappointed as I am.
Ensign
# 19
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
PLEASE LETS STAY ON TOPIC HERE.

Yes, they do have the tech, anyone that grabbed the Vedek Robes that were put into the tailor a month before they hit the Cstore knows that. When the issue was fixed you still had the robes if you had put them into a costume slot but as soon as you went to edit them they disappeared.

The amount you pay is negligible. This has been discussed also. I want to know why you unlock a fleet uniform that you can't set as a fleet uniform.. plain and simple. The costs, not being account based... not even being opened as a fleet item although other things have been like the lower level starbase buffs and such.... will follow after a Dev can answer my main question.

Why can we not set the Fleet Unlock uniform as a Fleet uniform?
Captain
# 20
09-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
How about in STFs when your team is efficient enough to get the Optional that everyone is rewarded with goodies equally instead of having it be another lottery? How about a special reward at the end for completing the entire thing without a single person dying (a reward for everyone).

How about for Fleet Events everyone gets the Trophy for their hard work?

How about for Starbase Construction when you unlock various goodies for the Fleet everyone can simply enjoy them instead of having to grind up ADDITIONAL Dilithium? Fleet Creds is fine as a way to ensure participation but that extra is a blatant sink and cash grab. How about we do the above with the fleet uniform? etc... etc..
Why do suggestions like these always come up? Oh right...

Cause they're good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Incidentally, it's NOT how I would have awarded it.

I would have had the tailor offer it "for free" to anyone who has 50k Lifetime Fleet Credits, which means you have loyalty to your fleet (since Lifetime resets to 0 if you swap) and access to a T3 Starbase.

Then the next costume would require 100k Lifetime Fleet Credits and a T4 starbase.

The one after that would require having 200k and a T5 starbase.

You wouldn't be spending Lifetime Fleet Credits (which act as your "high score") and you'd keep the costume once you earn it but the option would require HAVING 50k LFC and access to a T3 Starbase.
Actually, an easier way to do it would be to have it be as a fleet uniform option, and if someone wants to use it, then they just need to hit the use fleet uniform button.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.