Career Officer
# 21
09-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Actually, an easier way to do it would be to have it be as a fleet uniform option, and if someone wants to use it, then they just need to hit the use fleet uniform button.
That's not easier. That requires a programmer.

Fleet uniforms are just an ordinary uniform slot. There's nothing allowing them to have different costumes or be set by other people and while the slot may be lost when you're fleetless, it's contents are not lost.

That would require programmers. To the best of my knowledge, STO doesn't have those.

By and large, they have artists and they have content teams and systems designers who plug in numbers. And none of them should be touching the code. And the code really isn't supposed to be touched all that much aside from limited use during season updates and some maintenance... and if you do this, you're going to have to intentionally leave known bugs in the game.
Career Officer
# 22
09-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
See this is what annoys me - I don't mind dilithium and credit sinks, sure I prefer account unlockables, but I can live with this. Not being able to use these as a fleet uniform is....crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
That's not easier. That requires a programmer.

Fleet uniforms are just an ordinary uniform slot. There's nothing allowing them to have different costumes or be set by other people and while the slot may be lost when you're fleetless, it's contents are not lost.

That would require programmers. To the best of my knowledge, STO doesn't have those.

By and large, they have artists and they have content teams and systems designers who plug in numbers. And none of them should be touching the code. And the code really isn't supposed to be touched all that much aside from limited use during season updates and some maintenance... and if you do this, you're going to have to intentionally leave known bugs in the game.

I could probably program that in a week (including QA).
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Empire Veteran
# 23
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenovita View Post
Hi all, this already was discussed 1 week ago when we reached Tier 3... and many laughed at us...

Now you see this for yourselves...

You work your arse out for this project, when done, you run to your tailor to try the new outfit and "voila", you smash your face to the sad and ugly truth, you have to PAY, AGAIN, and with EVERY SINGLE TOON you have...

Surely this is working as intended too...

I wonder how much far will Cryptic go with this disrespect to loyal customers...
Just as far as PWE tells them to; Which, based on past experience, will be all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
And the thing is, this uniform can be had in just a few hours of currency grinding and requires no personal contribution to your fleet to get it.

16k dilithium is, at WORST, 10 or so hours, for anyone participating in the dilithium economy. Likelier around 2-3. Or around 100 Cryptic Points in the store.

And the Fleet Credit side of the cost can be had in about an hour.

This is the cheapest costume in the game.

It's only expensive if you see the work of getting to Tier 3 as part of the cost. And nobody needs to do that to get this uniform.
Depending on how many characters you have, you will need more than 10 hours to actually get 16K REFINED Dilithium. So keep that in mind.

Also the underlined part of your quote is blatantly false and illogical. SOMEONE has to do that in order for ANYONE to get that uniform. So indeed that could be considered part of its cost as well as the tailor. Also what business does a "Fleet Uniform" have not being a "Fleet Uniform"?
Career Officer
# 24
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow....just wow. I'm speechless.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Please tell me this is a joke. I was planning on issuing these to my fleet as our duty uniform when we got them unlocked...
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
09-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder1aq View Post
By default, everything from January 2012 forward is for the sole purpose of PWE and cash generation, from the gambling to the massive cash sinks that are the Starbases themselves
Unlike before January when they were doing this for us as a favor and not to make any money

Look since they changed to the new "z" store I have not bought anything that my 400 credit a month cant get me. Yet! I have a brand new fleet Defiant! As good as the cstore one that I would of had to pay real money for. I also have the Oddy Uniform even thou I had no Zstore money because of the Racing uniform. How I get those over priced modules? Exchange 5 mill each So no kids you don?t need real money I spent 20 mil today on keys! Not a dime of real money.
Career Officer
# 27
09-28-2012, 01:19 AM
This is exactly what I expected. I can't believe anyone that's been watching what Cryptic does lately would expect anything different.
Career Officer
# 28
09-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Nothing too amazing here, just be thankful you didn't have to spend that 16k per character for a fleet uniform lockbox with a 15% chance of getting the uniform.
Joined August 2008
Rihannsu
# 29
09-28-2012, 02:48 AM
a couple of things.

Both uniform have the basic description which leads me to believe there is a more advanced version coming at a higher tier.

when i got the odyssey uniform, and gave it my own colour scheme i actually quite liked it. its a bit similar to the cadet uniform which is my only complaint but i actually like the look of it.

i also got the klingon one which looks much much better in my opinion.

normal http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...8-00-19-01.jpg

with extras http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...8-00-18-45.jpg

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 30
09-28-2012, 03:42 AM
I was very disappointed when I learned this; that it costs money to unlock, that it can be set as a fleet uniform.

I was really hoping to give my fleet some new options on our Fleet Uniform instead of the very bland basic stuff we've been stuck with since launch, but I can't even do that cause it's a "locked part".

Tbh even if it wasn't, I still don't know if we'd use it. I was hopping for a variety of choices, not just 1 new uniform. That uniform is going to be used by so many fleets, it'd be impossible to create an identity that's unique to your fleet.