Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
09-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyoffate View Post
I hope you're aware he's an announcer not a contender..
he does still compete from time to time and had apparently had a match earlier in the night. i doubt that set it off but it probably accelerated the problem. better to suffer it then than 3 hours later in some hotel room on his own.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 12
09-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Bad acting and fake wrestling, stomping to simulate strikes, makes me collapse in laughter
Rihannsu
# 13
09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
Bad acting and fake wrestling, stomping to simulate strikes, makes me collapse in laughter
classy. crack a joke about a man nearly dying.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
09-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I keep confusing this guy and Jim Ross in my head, Jim was the one that usually wore the cowboy hat, right?

I haven't watched wrestling since I was in middle school, but those two were commentators even back then.
Rihannsu
# 15
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I keep confusing this guy and Jim Ross in my head, Jim was the one that usually wore the cowboy hat, right?

I haven't watched wrestling since I was in middle school, but those two were commentators even back then.
Yes, Jim Ross wore a cowboy hat. Jerry "The King" Lawler usually wore designer shirts, and some times his Prop Crown from his Wrestling Days.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
# 16
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
Bad acting and staged wrestling, stomping to simulate strikes, makes me collapse in laughter
Fixed it for you. Because what they do, while it is rehearsed over and over in order to prevent injuries, can and does cause them.
Think about this:
Lieutenant
# 17
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I do not watch much WWF I mean WWE. I used to when in high school. At a friends house because she was supposed to be related to that Hulk Hogan person. I did for a while because I liked to watch the Undertakers matches.

From time to time though I have poped back in to look.

I hope for the best, "The King" is known to be a fighter and I hear there was medical assistance on site as soon as it occurred. I'm sure he will be back in the fullness of time.
Lieutenant
# 18
09-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I admit. When I first saw it last night, I thought it was kayfabe in order to pump up the screen feud between him and C.M. Punk. It's only once I noticed that Michael Cole hadn't said a word for two whole matches (which, admittedly, is only 12 minutes plus commercials in this age) that I started to believe that it was real. After all, Michael Cole will NEVER shut up. I think it's contractual.

From the Twitter feeds and so forth, Lawler is still of going concern. After all, he's one of the few remaining members of the show from the glory days of the '90's. (For those keeping score at home, Christian and Kane would be the others. And, if you add in WCW, you can include Booker-T and The Big Show.)
Lieutenant
# 19
09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
yea at first i also thought it was "part of the entertainment" also butwhen cole started acting the way he did and there was no announcements by commentators the rest of the show, i looked it up and news of it was everywhere. But at least Lawler is being released and sent home today, so thankgoodness he is gonna be ok.
Rihannsu
# 20
09-13-2012, 02:48 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/cole-updat...rview-26051805

Apparently Micheal Cole got a phone call from Jerry Lawler. And he's doing better.. But it sounds like he's going to take alot of time to get better.
Think about this: