Starfleet Veteran
# 1 How about this for an idea
09-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Just had a thought, how cool would it be if there was a star trek show were Q switched all the captains round... for example, picard went to Enterprise, archer went to voyager, janeway went to ds9, and archer went to the next gen, the catch is the crew thinks they are the real captains they have had from the start...
Commander
# 2
09-11-2012, 07:56 AM
an interesting suggestion commander, it would be interesting to see how each captain would deal in each situation the original had to, see how they would do it differently .
Captain
# 3
09-11-2012, 07:57 AM
I doubt that the Voyager crew would notice a difference between Janeway and Archer. But I KNOW that the DS9 crew would see through Janeway in less than 15 minutes.(15 minutes show time. 2 minutes real time).

The NX crew would see through Picard just as fast. Their captain would suddenly become too competent to be Archer.

I'm going to assume you have Sisco in TNG.

The TNG crew would also notice a difference very soon. "Umm... Why did Cpt. Picard just punch Q. Shouldn't he have tried talking him to death...?" Not to mention Deanna.... She would know immediately.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-11-2012, 08:02 AM
That would be pretty cool, on the whole seeing through, they could be in different locked timelines, and the only way to restore it is to satisfy Q by adapting. But then again, Julian may go for Janeway LOL
Career Officer
# 5
09-11-2012, 08:12 AM
I think there was a comic (printed) where Q switched Picard (Enterprise-E) with Kirk (TOS) and vice versa. The plot was a bet between two omnipotent beings to see who can handle the situation better.

Each had to fight enemies in the "other's" era. So the Sovereign-class Ent-E fought a.... Klingon D-7 while the TOS Enterprise had to fight a modern Klingon warship. There are further twists like the Ent-E's circuits were all fried so it can't do anything but let the D7 wail on it.

I'll try looking for a name or something on Memory-Beta.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Vice Admiral T'Phira, Ragnarok Fleet - Head of Logistics Division; Captain Selena, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain Altecha, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain K'Kera, Ragnarok Fleet
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Commander
# 6
09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
In terms of seeing thru them I don't think you got the jist of the question, we mean as if q swapped them but the crew beleive they have had this captain from day one. No as in sisko in Picard body. Although I agree I think juilian would be following janeway.
Career Officer
# 7
09-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Makes you wonder how Archer would react to B'elanna Torres and 7 of 9.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Vice Admiral T'Phira, Ragnarok Fleet - Head of Logistics Division; Captain Selena, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain Altecha, Ragnarok Fleet; Captain K'Kera, Ragnarok Fleet
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Commander
# 8
09-11-2012, 08:36 AM
ctually that could be funny seeing archers reaction to seven and Torres lol
Captain
# 9
09-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Archer would probably fit in better with Voyager than with the other crews, given that both Voyager and Enterprise have the whole "going where no (Earth) one has gone before" and "far away from home with no support from Starfleet" aspect.

Picard commanding the NX-01 might end up trying to use words when action is what is needed, which would give him problems with befriending Shran or Gral (necessary for mending the Andorian/Tellarite relations as a precursor to the Coalition of Planets), or with dealing with the Xindi.
Commander
# 10
09-14-2012, 02:18 AM
I think this would have been a great story to see unfold, I'd love to see each captain try out the differant situations