Career Officer
# 1 Restructure the Daily Timers
09-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm going to be really frank: 20 Hour timers on dailies plain suck. Here's why:

It forces you to adapt your schedule
  • If you have an inconsistent schedule, you might miss the daily, or be able to log on early, but not take it yet.
  • Say you get on early, and can't take it, but have another obligation that comes up before the timer resets. Now you can't do it.
  • If you forget to log soon enough, or merely get distracted with other stuff in game while waiting, if you pass the 24 hour mark since yesterday's "daily", the daily has become less than daily.

A hard reset at Midnight PST (or 0000 UTC, or whenever) is superior:

It lets you do a day's daily whenever inside that day.
  • Got a terrible schedule that only lets you log in longer than 24 hours after yesterday's daily? No worry, it resets at midnight regardless of when you take it.
  • Able to log in early and just want to get it out of the way? Do so.
  • Got an abysmal schedule that only lets you log in near the reset between day 1 and 2? Don't fret, you'll get both day's dailies.

The ONLY advantage of a 20 hour timer is that you get an extra daily every 6 days. And ONLY if you're flexible/willing enough to abuse it. The Convenience of a Midnight Reset far outweighs the slim chance you can get extra dailies in.

This Post Applies to Champions Online as well, I'm not sure If I'm allowed to make an identical post on their forums.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Only ones that come to mind with the 20hr timers are the Diplomacy missions around DS9 Sector block area.

but I do agree with you on the timers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-12-2012, 04:14 AM
The whole idea of dailies sucks.

Just reduce the rewards and let us run them whenever ffs.

Theres already a lack of worthwhile content... and yet theres thousands of foundry missions just sitting there never being played because of the only rewards being once daily.
>>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
Captain
# 4
09-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Reset at midnight = win.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Commander
# 5
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
Only ones that come to mind with the 20hr timers are the Diplomacy missions around DS9 Sector block area.

but I do agree with you on the timers.
Officer Reports, Traelus System, Officer of the Watch, and the three Defera dailies are also 20 hour cooldowns.

The only reason I don't really care for the cooldown in its current state is I never remember when it's going to run out. So I log in to run dailies and find out none of my dailies are available yet. A reset at midnight would be great.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Career Officer
# 6
09-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I would assume it's not at a preset time to balance out server load.

An "extra daily" is not the point of it being 20 hours, they're letting us have a 4 hour buffer to adjust our schedules.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 7
09-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
I would assume it's not at a preset time to balance out server load.

An "extra daily" is not the point of it being 20 hours, they're letting us have a 4 hour buffer to adjust our schedules.
Or we could have a midnight reset and you'd never have to worry about how your schedule interacts with STO.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
09-12-2012, 03:07 PM
I would rather them fix the load screen for esd and ds9.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Or we could have a midnight reset and you'd never have to worry about how your schedule interacts with STO..
Thats a good idea. WoW has the same thing for some dailies I think and it works fine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 10
09-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldicephoenix View Post
Thats a good idea. WoW has the same thing for some dailies I think and it works fine.
WoW and pretty much every other MMO that has dailies.