Ensign
# 1 vulcan D'kyr or atrox?
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
i already have the atrox carrier but i have wanted the vulcan D'kyr since it came out. i was wondering what would be a more effective ship for STF's and fleet actions.
Career Officer
# 2
09-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha11111111111 View Post
i already have the atrox carrier but i have wanted the vulcan D'kyr since it came out. i was wondering what would be a more effective ship for STF's and fleet actions.
Atrox is pants.

What's extra annoying about it is you don't get the nice torpedo with the ship each time you claim it... Never said in the advert the torpedo was 1 per account. Just said it came with it.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
09-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineangel View Post
Atrox is pants.

What's extra annoying about it is you don't get the nice torpedo with the ship each time you claim it... Never said in the advert the torpedo was 1 per account. Just said it came with it.
The Atrox does not come with a special torpedo -- more info on what it comes equipped with is in this blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 4
09-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Atrox is pants.

um pants? and the launchers are just regular quantum torp launchers
Captain
# 5
09-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Atrox is pants.

I assume you're talking about the Regent and it's wide-angle quantum, and it very clearly states in the ad in the C-Store: " This launcher can be equipped on any starship, but you may only equip one."
Captain
# 6
09-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Atrox is much more offensive due to the Hangers/Fighters. I would pick a Carrier over a standard Science Vessel in most instances now.
Career Officer
# 7
09-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Carrier has good sci slots they are very good in elite
get healers with delta flyer
they add more targets and when on gen the more fighters you launch the quicker you destroy it
yes you can use repulse 3 and gravity well 1, 2 in Atrox
Republic Veteran
# 8
09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I assume you're talking about the Regent and it's wide-angle quantum, and it very clearly states in the ad in the C-Store: " This launcher can be equipped on any starship, but you may only equip one."
It's one per ship, all my ships have one of the wide angle launcher
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha11111111111 View Post
The D'Kyr can turn better and is a great support ship, one of the BEST Science Ships, BUT if we are being perfectly honest... The Atrox kicks its butt without question. I used to fly the D'Kyr and I love its look and feel but after they killed Science Abilities AND released the mighty Atrox... Well I fly the Atrox and have not looked back.
Career Officer
# 10
09-12-2012, 06:57 PM
The science nerf is out of hand, carrier has the offensive power needed to make up for the nerf.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?