Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 18
Hey. I joined in December (2012) and I'm F2P.

Now the few of you that are still reading, thanks.

I'm just gonna ask for some things I have noticed that would help my enjoyment. If any of them are possible and I've just missed them, I apologise, I'm new.

1) I'm the only person that uses my fully encrypted laptop. Please can I have my password remembered?
This REALLY annoys me.
I use 26 random upper/lower/number/symbol passwords where possible and the highest possible strength on sites that don't let me. I've got a stupid short password on this game because I can't be bothered to copy/paste a decent password (if I can remember it, it's no good and I change them regularly) every time I log in.
This is far less secure than letting me add "-password Xx0@" to my shortcut.

2) Can I have a 5,932/8000 dilitium counter somewhere please?

3) Can I chat to my fleet using either an IRC client (ideal) or the Gateway please?

4) I started a new character on Tribble. Why did I have to slog through the tutorial again? I've not actually forgotten how to move around using WASD in the last couple of months.

5) When I joined a fleet I'd got quite far in my solo career. From their helpful advice I can ascertain that I've made a few mistakes in my skills. Can F2P please have a respec when they hit VA? It seems a bit (just a bit, you have to make money on Zen) unfair that gold members get a respec every five minutes but F2P never get one.

6) Can we please bookmark Foundry missions somehow?

7) Every time I change ship my boffs forget where they were sat. I think they may be stupid. The tray and boffs totally mess up every time I get a new ship.

8) My boffs are so STUPID that they walk into my line of fire while I'm firing. Oh, this is massively annoying. I've got the best gun on the team, why is it that I have to work around these AIs who are supposedly on my side to use it?

9) Can we have some oversight of zone chat please?

That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll think up some more.
I enjoy the game, thank you for letting me play for free, and thank you to the guys that buy Zen who make this possible.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 784
# 2
02-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
1) I'm the only person that uses my fully encrypted laptop. Please can I have my password remembered?
This REALLY annoys me.
I use 26 random upper/lower/number/symbol passwords where possible and the highest possible strength on sites that don't let me. I've got a stupid short password on this game because I can't be bothered to copy/paste a decent password (if I can remember it, it's no good and I change them regularly) every time I log in.
This is far less secure than letting me add "-password Xx0@" to my shortcut.
Can't help here. But seriously? it is just a game. It's not your bank account or anything.

Quote:
2) Can I have a 5,932/8000 dilitium counter somewhere please?
unrefined/refined limit?? Hover your mouse over the refinement button within your Assets tab.

Quote:
3) Can I chat to my fleet using either an IRC client (ideal) or the Gateway please?
Not to your fleet chat. however, you can join any Global chat channels like RedAlert or OrganizedPVP from ICR Chat programs like Pigin.


Quote:
4) I started a new character on Tribble. Why did I have to slog through the tutorial again? I've not actually forgotten how to move around using WASD in the last couple of months.
You ported over to a new sever, you start over. Simple as that.

Quote:
5) When I joined a fleet I'd got quite far in my solo career. From their helpful advice I can ascertain that I've made a few mistakes in my skills. Can F2P please have a respec when they hit VA? It seems a bit (just a bit, you have to make money on Zen) unfair that gold members get a respec every five minutes but F2P never get one.
The Respec tokens are part of the perk of being Gold. They aren't going to cut into their profits by handing them out. However, you can use the Dilthium exchange to get Zen and buy the Respec token that way. Or, in all seriousiness, it's more cost effective to just throw $5 in the game and get it that way.

Quote:
6) Can we please bookmark Foundry missions somehow?
Yes Please

Quote:
7) Every time I change ship my boffs forget where they were sat. I think they may be stupid. The tray and boffs totally mess up every time I get a new ship.
That is par for the course. You have to plan ahead and take five minutes when you switch ships.


Quote:
8) My boffs are so STUPID that they walk into my line of fire while I'm firing. Oh, this is massively annoying. I've got the best gun on the team, why is it that I have to work around these AIs who are supposedly on my side to use it?
They are AI. They follow instructions. use the command interface to tell them to hang back.

Quote:
9) Can we have some oversight of zone chat please?
Again, Par for the Course. Give people anonymity and they will act like *******s. We generally self-moderate as a group, but most sane people simply ignore zone chat.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 18
# 3
02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Thank you kyeto13 for that non-judgemental and informative reply.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 4
02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
To get your other characters on Tribble:

Navigate to http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/tribble-test and log in with your Account Name/Password

Read through the information on the page and click the 'Sign up!' button at the bottom

Select a character you wish to transfer from the "Character" drop-down menu and select which Test Server you want from the "Server" drop-down menu

Click 'Copy Character'

Open the STO launcher, log in with your Account Name/Password, and select either Tribble or Redshirt

Once patching is complete, click 'Engage'


From https://support.perfectworld.com/app...135/kw/tribble
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432
# 5
02-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
1) I'm the only person that uses my fully encrypted laptop. Please can I have my password remembered?
This REALLY annoys me.
I use 26 random upper/lower/number/symbol passwords where possible and the highest possible strength on sites that don't let me. I've got a stupid short password on this game because I can't be bothered to copy/paste a decent password (if I can remember it, it's no good and I change them regularly) every time I log in.
This is far less secure than letting me add "-password Xx0@" to my shortcut.
Fully encrypted or not, saving would be a bad idea. The point of not having on the hard-drive is a hack can't make a request of the OS open a file (through correct channels) and read it.

At most, encrypted the file system, memory, CPU processes, and even databusses just means can't as easily do a buffer overflow to read it. Not that they can't spoof the system into using your currently logged in user - or directly use the currently logged in user - to do exactly what you do to copy and paste passwords.

Edit: Even using a encypted database on a encrypted USB dive that required a separate password and key on a septate encrypted media has the same faults. The most that could be said for that is it has a password that can easily range in the 256 or more character range to resist brute force attacks, or that it's not physically present on the system to resistant to snoops when not in use.

Last edited by resoundingenvoy; 02-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 182
# 6
02-09-2013, 02:07 PM
My password is 12345, and I've never had a problem
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,216
# 7
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
6) Can we please bookmark Foundry missions somehow?
I think they're working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
My password is 12345, and I've never had a problem
Um ... you probably shouldn't have told us your password.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 184
# 8
02-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
6) Can we please bookmark Foundry missions somehow?
Yes, that.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 9
02-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
Please can I have my password remembered?
That's simply a massive security issue and it's unlikely they'll ever do it.

Quote:
Can I have a 5,932/8000 dilitium counter somewhere please?
Already there. If you hover over the refine button it tells you how much Dilithium you can refine yet that day.

Quote:
I started a new character on Tribble. Why did I have to slog through the tutorial again?
If you had copied a character over to Tribble first it would of most likely let you skip over the tutorial. I believe once you go though it it marks your account as being able to skip over it. But since you didn't have a character on that server that went though it, you had to do it.

Quote:
Can F2P please have a respec when they hit VA? It seems a bit (just a bit, you have to make money on Zen) unfair that gold members get a respec every five minutes but F2P never get one.
That's one of the few actual advantages to being a gold member. So no that's not likely to happen, not when you can currently buy one for zen anyway. I say that as a F2P player who doesn't get respec's on rank up, btw.

Quote:
Every time I change ship my boffs forget where they were sat.
Something most of us have had issues with for some time.

Quote:
Can we have some oversight of zone chat please?
No, first off if you don't like what's being said there then turn off the chan. Myself I go weeks without looking at Zone chat. Second, it would cost quite a lot of money to properly police zone chat, you'd have to have 5-6 mod's 24/7 watching the various locations.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,657
# 10
02-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepreditor View Post
5) When I joined a fleet I'd got quite far in my solo career. From their helpful advice I can ascertain that I've made a few mistakes in my skills. Can F2P please have a respec when they hit VA? It seems a bit (just a bit, you have to make money on Zen) unfair that gold members get a respec every five minutes but F2P never get one.
Absolutely. $5 in the store and it's yours.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.