Captain
# 1 'Iconian Probe'
08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Was just redo-ing 'Cutting the cord' on a character, and after the ground part of the mission to the second part of the space battles, i noticed for the first time 'iconian probes' floating along side the enemy Bops,

Has this always been there, or is this not ment to be here?

(is this another possible leak or am i jsut a bit dense when playing missions for the first time )
Rihannsu
# 2
08-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Yes its always been there but for some reason does not show up every time (or at least if it does it warps away pretty quickly). i see it about half the time i replay it.

im sure that its meant to be there as a little easter egg for the eagle eyed amongst us, as there is no way it would appear without a dev deliberately adding and naming it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 3
08-26-2012, 03:17 AM
how disappointing, i thought i stumbled across something but it turned out to be nothing ^^,

thanks for the response

(still wierd I've done that mission at least 15times (replaying for lobis on a few toons etc) and this was the first time they appeared, little balls of light,.. hmm)
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-26-2012, 06:47 AM
I was under the impression that their appearance was linked to the science optional shortly before you beam up.
So if you see them or not depends on if you have a science captain with you.
Rihannsu
# 5
08-29-2012, 11:03 PM
I could be wrong, but I think those probes are always there, they quickly attack and disable a few friendly Birds-of-Prey. The science optional stops this attack. Why you don't recall seeing them before is that they start attacking while your BOff is talking to you, so your screen is full of text-box.
Career Officer
# 6
09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I was under the impression that their appearance was linked to the science optional shortly before you beam up.
So if you see them or not depends on if you have a science captain with you.
No, they're always present, but they're very weak and are destroyed at the beginning of the battle. Blink and you'll miss them. The Iconian Probes have no weapons, they just hit ships with Viral Matrix.
Career Officer
# 7
09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
The Iconian Probes have no weapons, they just hit ships with Viral Matrix.
How appropriate!

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Ensign
# 8
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
i think i saw it as well
Captain
# 9
09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
If you do the Sci optional, they don't appear... If you dont, they can be real nasty.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos