Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
It is now known that season 7 is all about content and new missions. Stahl told me at the Q/A Session that it's going to be focused on 3 fronts and a specific enemy group. So what do you think should be in it? Here are possible ways it will be focused:

The Klingon War: S7 might expand on the Klingon war, more so detailing the conflict, maybe even making treaties or bringing the end in sight. Or they could continue the waging of war even more.

The Romulans: S7 could detail more on the Hobus supernova, all the little detailings of how it came to be once again. We might find out about where Sela has been, the continued alliance of the Iconians and Romulans, and the Romulans and Remans could break out in another war so the Remans can continue their quest for freedom.

The Cardassians: I don't really no how they could expand on it since they made the 2800. Perhaps they could add in between the episodes.

The Borg: Once again, I don't see as much of how they could be expanded, but it could expand their advance into the federation, or there could be more STFs.

The Breen: Still don't know.

The Undine: One of the biggest mysteries in STO is how and why the Iconians decided to trick the Undine into attacking the quadrant's powers. S7 will probably go into this, and might even start the Long War the novel goes into.

Tholians: Since the Tholians are being introduced in S6, the specific enemy group is probably definitely them. Perhaps their story will start by some intrusion into their space.

So what do you think? What are your ideas on what the story should be about?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
The State of the Game article they released yesterday hints that:

1: Yes, Captains will get caught inside a Tholian Web and will have to very strategically figure out how to get out before it closes in on them.

2. There are definitely thoughts and ideas for finishing up the Iconian arc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2012, 04:19 AM
My gueses are....

Tholians: ... most likely will come in after the spoon head missions.

Undine: ... Really want to see how the Undine react after being told they've been dupped.

Klingon/Fed: Pvp related stuff

-----

Borg: ... too much borg stuff already.. let them die down a bit.. then come back with a big bang

Hirogen: maybe ?

Mirror Universe: maybe :O

Breen: Maybe something to do with Tran and his renegade friends.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg2112
So what do you think? What are your ideas on what the story should be about?
It should be twenty four episodes about you trying to convince the powers of the galaxy that the Iconians are a shared threat and everything needs to be put aside. The Romulans have already sided with them, and probably the Breen will too just because they're jerks like that. Cardasians, Klingons, Remans, and the Dominion are with you.

The Undine? They've withdrawn after you've shown them the evidence.

The Borg? They've been shown willing to cut a deal when facing something they can't assimilate. But I figure they're best left as a force of nature than an ally.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Personally I want the KDF/Fed war to wrap up...

We've been "fighting" a low intensity war for the past 2 years, and we aren't really getting anywhere. Might as well let it come to an end, and it still dosen't prevent new chars from initially experiencing the war...

Secondly I would like more focus on the Iconians... I want to know how a race that was originally thought to be "the bad guys", then prooven to be the good guys (in TNG) suddenly ended up being the real bad guys.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-17-2012, 12:55 PM
My want on this idea, in no particular order:

Fed/Klingon War: It's okay that we're at war at the beginning, considering the missions in both factions... but by the end of the game, there's the combined force to drive the borg out, from both sides. Perhaps a little help to wrap this war up, or at least put it on permanent hold.

Borg: State of Q mission aside, the few borg missions we do have involved assimilation. One mentioned that the borg found a way to mass-assilimate a world, not just people... I'd like to know more about that. Plus, I'd really like to know how they managed to temporarily assimilate an Undine, considering the inner-nanoprobe-fighting-stuff these things have in their blood.

Note: this post has no knowledge of the specifics of STF missions, so I'm ignorant about those developments.

Undine: The Undine have been played, and they've targeted us in response. A little more effort to tell them that we're not their enemies would help (as long as we don't go into Fludic Space without asking... they're absolutely dead-set against ANY intrusion of their space).

Iconian: This one is obvious.

Quote:
I want to know how a race that was originally thought to be "the bad guys", then proven to be the good guys (in TNG) suddenly ended up being the real bad guys.
I don't know about being proven to be good, but according the texts, they were feared for being highly advanced, and destroyed for it. So the reason they're interfering right now is because of revenge... so their alignment is questionable, at least before they were destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I would like to see Season 7 create KDF content spanning from Lt. level 1 to Commander level 5 chronicaling the Klingon/Romulan war after the destruction of the Romulan/Reman Home systems (Lt. Level missions, with special instory provisions why a Gorn would be in the KDF BEFORE the Gorn/ Klingon war). Then, expanding on that with the Gorn Front opening up(Lt. Commander missions, with talioring for Gorn characters caught between the two).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Tholians and Iconians, definitely.

Ending the Klingon war...I don't know; pretty much all PvP right now involves the war, though I know they're revamping it sometime in the future. I'm neutral on that.

I almost wouldn't mind a short arc involving the mirror universe...your character's counterpart in particular. Maybe he/she's taken control of the Empire after James O'Brien's death, or something like that.

They also should show us how things are going in the Romulan Empire after Sela's disappearance. Pretty chaotic, I presume.

I'm sure there are still stories to be told of the True Way and the Breen.

And why not expand on some of those random aliens from Exploration Clusters? (Se'Rellian, Vito'D, Starlian, etc)
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Keep in mind that most of the klingon war story missions involve being tricked by the Undine and specifically fighting one Klingon radical who thinks that war will make the empire stronger. Not even the Klingons think what he's doing makes all that much sense.
Ensign
# 10
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I would like to see Season 7 create KDF content spanning from Lt. level 1 to Commander level 5 chronicaling the Klingon/Romulan war after the destruction of the Romulan/Reman Home systems (Lt. Level missions, with special instory provisions why a Gorn would be in the KDF BEFORE the Gorn/ Klingon war). Then, expanding on that with the Gorn Front opening up(Lt. Commander missions, with talioring for Gorn characters caught between the two).
I read a similar idea a while ago, but don't recall where. Perhaps historical missions, holodeck based, that chronicle the KDF/Gorn war, both from the Fed and KDF perspectives. The Fed offering humanitarian support for the Gorn colonies, getting attacked by the KDF along the way, and the KDF fighting the Undine controlled Gorn military.

Personally, like many others, I'd like to see the KDF/Fed conflict wrapped up so they can focus on their joint operations, like the anti-Borg groups. From there we can expand into fighting back more heavily against the Borg, and combined fighting against the upcoming Iconians and Tholians, as well as the Undine. Hopefully we can wrap up the Undine as well, now that we know that they are being deceived, so we can have them fight against the Iconians.

We could keep the joint Fed/KDF STF's, and the PVP/PVE's against the Klingons could be explained as either War Games or fighting against Klingons who've refused to give up the Fed/KDF war.