Lieutenant
# 1 STO selling as DVD in stores
09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
I came across STO in a store which i think has been sitting there since 2010. So it says you get 30 day subscription f you use the code. But since the game has gone free to play does that mean that now if you buy it you get 30 day gold membership? Or is that code you get invalid now?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes, you get 30 day s Gold Membership and whatever perks may be included with the code (ship, costume, etc.), if applicable. Codes are all still valid, even with the current F2P model.

Keep in mind you can only use a code from a certain type of box once. For example, you couldn't use more than one "Standard Edition" code, but you could use one "Standard Edition" code AND one "Collector's Edition" code.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 3
09-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Which stores still have these on shelves, i have not seen them since way before f2p?
Career Officer
# 4
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I found a STO package for 10,- DKK a while back... thats ~1.6 USD...

Cheapest T-Shirt I ever got...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-12-2012, 12:43 PM
In the US, you might be able to find a copy at a discount store like Big Lots. I'd tell you to go retail, but I know GameStop cleared their inventory when the game went F2P (I got a CE for $5 this way ), and I'm not sure about the status of other retailers.

Might be able to find new (unopened) copies through online retailers like Amazon.com also.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-16-2012, 01:39 AM
We still have a number of copies of STO at the store i work in. Hastings, in Walla Walla Washington. As its probably too far for you to drive from where ever you may be you can order from us through amazon.com.

Of course If you go through amazon i am sure we wont be the only retailer you could order from. I am sure there are still duzens of copies sitting in stores that baught too many and were not able to move them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-20-2012, 07:18 PM
This may have been before F2P, but last year, I bought a collectors Edition from Amazon for $10.
Rihannsu
# 8
09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
for a while they were so cheap on amazon that people were saying it was easier to buy the whole game every month then to pay the month-to-month sub.
Lieutenant
# 9
09-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Really? You have some in your hastings still? Thats a nice 45min drive from where we are. Might have to take a quick trip that way if you still have them at the time of this post.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaivladikov View Post
Really? You have some in your hastings still? Thats a nice 45min drive from where we are. Might have to take a quick trip that way if you still have them at the time of this post.
Yes we realy still have some. In a bargin bin at the front of the store, with some other older software titles. I think there are some copies of champions with them too. We may even have a colectors edition floating around still. I think I saw it somewhere in the store a couple of months ago. Not sure if any one baught it yet.

You might want to call ahead to check what our prices are, and make sure no one else has been in to buy them. Though its unlikly, they have been sitting in the store a long time now.