Lieutenant
Hi,

I'm currently creating an episode where I have ships warp in. Unfortunately, they keep looping the animation. Has anyone found a loophole around this or to at least delay the time between the animation loops?

Thanks in advance.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-12-2012, 03:13 PM
The only way I know to get around the warp animation repeat is to have the ship engage in combat. After the combat is over, if it survives, it will no longer do the animation.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 3
09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Are you sure it doesn't start warping again?
Captain
# 4
09-12-2012, 05:41 PM
No, they start warping again after combat is finished. I've seen it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 5
09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Wander.

Change it from "Contact" or "True Combat" to "Legacy Contact" or Legacy Combat" respectively. You can then set the Wander to TRUE and play around with the variables. You can't get the ship to wander any less than up to 20k away from the initial spawn, but at a speed of 5, it shouldn't get too far.

The down side is that when the ship is actually idle, the computer randomly decides what action to take (Idle or Wander), and all you can do is weight the Wander setting to a 20:1 weight. Those are good odds, but you still have a 5% chance of the ship re-warping in.

You can als set the duration as high as 100 so that it takes 100s for the computer to need to ask itself what action to perform.