Career Officer
I noticed something odd this evening while tinkering with one of my maps for the upcoming "Ghosts of War, Part V". The series revolves around an alliance between the True Way Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Breen and Devidians. But when I put one enemy mob of each of those races near each other on a ground map and tested it, I found that the Devidian mob would start attacking the other mobs (and quickly be defeated, as they were outnumbered 3-1), even though they are supposed to be of the same allegiance (i.e. "Enemy").

What's up with this? Has anyone else noticed this issue? Are there any other pairs/combos of races that will fight each other in this manner even while under the same allegiance, and is there any way to get around this other than reskinning some other mob as Devidians? (Devidians have some unique abilities and animations that I don't want to lose, so reskinning isn't a viable option in this case.)

Last edited by paxfederatica; 09-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
I noticed something odd this evening while tinkering with one of my maps for the upcoming "Ghosts of War, Part V". The series revolves around an alliance between the True Way Cardassians, Jem'Hadar, Breen and Devidians. But when I put one enemy mob of each of those races near each other on a ground map and tested it, I found that the Devidian mob would start attacking the other mobs (and quickly be defeated, as they were outnumbered 3-1), even though they are supposed to be of the same allegiance (i.e. "Enemy").

What's up with this? Has anyone else noticed this issue? Are there any other pairs/combos of races that will fight each other in this manner even while under the same allegiance, and is there any way to get around this other than reskinning some other mob as Devidians? (Devidians have some unique abilities and animations that I don't want to lose, so reskinning isn't a viable option in this case.)
Intentional.

Species of different factions fight one another.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-14-2012, 07:11 AM
The only way other than reskinning is just to make sure the different races are not in the same room together.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 4
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Which works surprisingly well.

Hmm.... actually.... I don't think ANY race is actually "friends" with Devidians. I think that every other enemy race will attack them on sight. So if you want Devidians to not get beaten down by other races.... keep them out of sight.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
In the room where you put the devidians, you can always put a Cardassian NPC contact that yells "Faster ghosty, kill, kill!"
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Rihannsu
# 6
09-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah good point. If it's not an enemy, then it may not fight.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Or you can make the enemy groups spawn one by one with different objectives. Anyway this is just speculation since we don't really know what your intentions are.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
09-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Or you can make the enemy groups spawn one by one with different objectives.
Also a good way, I forgot I did this exact thing in my latest mission. I wanted some Gorn that would shoot and some that would melee. This being a KDF mission (see my sig for titles) I had to reskin other mobs to make enemy Gorn, and if I put saurs and romulans together, they fought each other. So I made a bunch of waves of like mobs together one after the other.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Also a good way, I forgot I did this exact thing in my latest mission. I wanted some Gorn that would shoot and some that would melee. This being a KDF mission (see my sig for titles) I had to reskin other mobs to make enemy Gorn, and if I put saurs and romulans together, they fought each other. So I made a bunch of waves of like mobs together one after the other.
Wild animals are a well-known trick to create melee fighters. And they don't increase the required level to play the mission. But they can run, that's a problem. I think it can look weird on some missions or mobs. Borg running... That's extremely funny but that's it.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-14-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Rihannsu
# 10
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Wild animals are a well-known trick to create melee fighters. And they don't increase the required level to play the mission. But they can run, that's a problem. I think it can look weird on some missions or mobs. Borg running... That's extremely funny but that's it.
Funnier? Devidians running! When Devidians 'walk' they slowly float through the air. When they run though, they actually stand on the ground while they do it!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!