Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 118
# 1 Fleet Marks in PvP
09-15-2012, 01:31 AM
I know that this has been discussed before.
And I also know that it will not be done because it can be exploited.
But Borticus, consider the following:
1) There are two missions that involve PvP arenas.
One is repeatable without cooldown, this one can be exploited.
The other "Pacify Enemy Leaders" has a 24 hours cooldown and cannot be exploited.
If you could assign to this one a 100fm reward, I think that the PvP community will be happy.
Same thing for the C&H daily mission.
2) Beam down to Starfleet Academy and you will discover that a new pagan religion is developing among cadets: the holy stone worshippers.
The hundreds of guys you can see in the river are praying the holy stone for a miracle to happen, and the holy stone responds: 50fm appear from the water and deposit in your inventory!
There are also different cults in different places of the galaxy: the sect of the esd transporter console, the church of drozana control panel, and so on.

So why can't you reward the poor pvpers that spend 1 hour of game time doing 3 arenas with a few fleet marks? Please...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 2
09-15-2012, 02:06 AM
You know when a new song comes out, and it's really good, but it gets played everywhere to the extent that you just don't like it anymore due to overuse?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
# 3
09-15-2012, 04:17 AM
I already made this thread. Search.
-------------------------


Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 4
09-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criminius View Post
I already made this thread. Search.
Bah, I made it before the fleet system went live!
You search
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
# 5
09-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Bah, I made it before the fleet system went live!
You search
Hey! Least I waited awhile!
-------------------------


Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 6
09-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Haha, true enough

We need one of these cropping up about once or twice per month
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 574
# 7
09-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescos772 View Post
I know that this has been discussed before.
And I also know that it will not be done because it can be exploited.
But Borticus, consider the following:
1) There are two missions that involve PvP arenas.
One is repeatable without cooldown, this one can be exploited.
The other "Pacify Enemy Leaders" has a 24 hours cooldown and cannot be exploited.
If you could assign to this one a 100fm reward, I think that the PvP community will be happy.
Same thing for the C&H daily mission.
2) Beam down to Starfleet Academy and you will discover that a new pagan religion is developing among cadets: the holy stone worshippers.
The hundreds of guys you can see in the river are praying the holy stone for a miracle to happen, and the holy stone responds: 50fm appear from the water and deposit in your inventory!
There are also different cults in different places of the galaxy: the sect of the esd transporter console, the church of drozana control panel, and so on.

So why can't you reward the poor pvpers that spend 1 hour of game time doing 3 arenas with a few fleet marks? Please...
You're right, it's been discussed a lot, but every time I see a thread to add fleet marks for pvp I'll support it! It's just a shame that as a pvper you don't have a choice to earn fleet marks from pvp. If anything, some foundry 3-5 min missions give fleet marks rewards. How's that not exploitable? How is pvp in this game going to improve? Not to mention when you level there is almost no pvp queue popping up...every thread such as this goes back into reflecting the sad state of pvp in this game...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 8
09-15-2012, 11:06 AM
The "it'll be exploited!" line is a load of bull****. If they wanted fleet marks to drop in PVP they could do it pretty easily. They're not adding it because it'd improve PVP and the more it's played the more time and money they'd have to put into it. Cryptic doesent want PVP.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 36
# 9
09-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
The "it'll be exploited!" line is a load of bull****. If they wanted fleet marks to drop in PVP they could do it pretty easily. They're not adding it because it'd improve PVP and the more it's played the more time and money they'd have to put into it. Cryptic doesent want PVP.
So very true
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 172
# 10
09-15-2012, 01:21 PM
They don't want people playing PvP due to the real sad state its in. The devs are too stretched thin. The need focus. Decide something and move forward with it.

Cryptic needs a team/dept devoted to PvP not just one guy.
-------------------------


Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 AM.