Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Ensign
Fun article written by Consumer Guide Automotive Publisher Tom Appel:

http://cgdailydrive.com/what-would-s...-drive-part-1/
Commander
# 2
09-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Silly expert. Presuming none of them has a bottomless wallets, we'll exclude supercars.

So:
1. Troi:
Deanna is fun-loving and empathic; she would choose an M3: a fun car that would make everyone else on the Enterprise green with envy.

2. Spock:
Spock is logical, it is not logical to buy a car as inefficient as a Prius; such purchase can only be ego-driven. As a Vulcan, he would also be wary of the potential Smug pollution, another reason to avoid the Prius.
Logically, he would get an M3.

3. Picard:
Picard is dignified, values comfort but, as demonstrated in Nemesis, is fond if "driving at unsafe velocities". He's also richer than the other two, because I said so.
He'd get a fast, comfortable, dignified car: an M5.
Captain
# 3
09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
Silly expert. Presuming none of them has a bottomless wallets, we'll exclude supercars.

So:
1. Troi:
Deanna is fun-loving and empathic; she would choose an M3: a fun car that would make everyone else on the Enterprise green with envy.
M6 convertable
2. Spock:
Spock is logical, it is not logical to buy a car as inefficient as a Prius; such purchase can only be ego-driven. As a Vulcan, he would also be wary of the potential Smug pollution, another reason to avoid the Prius.
Logically, he would get an M3.
The author called this one correct
3. Picard:
Picard is dignified, values comfort but, as demonstrated in Nemesis, is fond if "driving at unsafe velocities". He's also richer than the other two, because I said so.
He'd get a fast, comfortable, dignified car: an M5.
SLK55 roadster
...And Capt. Kirk would be in a VW Beelte.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 4
09-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
...And Capt. Kirk would be in a VW Beelte.
Worf, would drive a hummer.
Commander
# 5
09-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Worf likes a feisty woman. He'd drive an M3.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Troi's perfect car would be the Acura ILX, because it's the IIHS's top crash safety pick for 2012 and she's crashed everything she's ever driven, usually within two minutes of the first time she takes the wheel. So the only consideration she should have in a car is how likely she is to walk away when it spins wildly through a farmer's market and into a ditch where it explodes.

Last edited by hevach; 09-13-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Captain
# 7
09-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
Worf likes a feisty woman. He'd drive an M3.
I take it from your posts that you either drive/are a fan of, BMW's?
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Lieutenant
# 8
09-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Bonus picks:

Will Riker: 1923 Ford Coupe.
Tom Paris: Bugatti Veyron. (He likes it FAST.)
Benjamin Sisko: 1948 Chrystler Town & Country convertible.
Montgomery Scott: BMW 760Li 6.0 Litre V12. (Ye canna break the laws a' physics! An' speed limits dunna count!)
Career Officer
# 9
09-13-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd peg Riker with a vintage Mustang. (I'd go with a '57 Chevy but that's too close to Paris. Then again, Paris was written in hopes they could get Frakes as Thomas Riker from everything I read at the time.)

Spock is a Volvo. Good gas mileage. Can be rigged to run on ethanol.
Commander
# 10
09-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Picard: 1934 Bugatti Type 55. Because there's a difference between a car...and an automobile. The author of that article fails to take into consideration the joy of driving, as well as the joy of driving different types of machines.

Also, there are two different Trois to consider; the one in the show that never really showed any spine, save for a couple occasions...and the one in the books, who is more than just eye candy for the bridge. For the show Troi, I'd give her a Miata. Not a new one, not a turbocharged one...an old, sky-blue, 1991 Miata. Automatic.

The one in the books...hard to say, exactly, as she varies a little from book to book, author to author...but I wouldn't argue with the one that article's author chose.

Geordi would take an older Jaguar of some sort, simply because he would get to work on it constantly...he always struck me as the kind of guy who isn't happy with stuff that never needs any maintenance.

Bones...I agree with the previous poster; he'd take a cab, lol.