Community Moderator
# 11
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
The PvPers want more maps, more balance, rewards when PvPing and also a player ranking...Cryptiiiiiic!!!
All of that; plus an OpenPvP megasector with its own PvE storyline. So nobody HAS to go in there, but there's a reason PvE players might want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
If the zone could support crowds of 100 versus 100, the event had a countdown timer and the winner was determined by total kills and a point system that acrued each kill a points amount based on ship tier.

That way several low level ships could gang up on a few high levels and possibly keep the points to win.

Otherwise it would remind me of fleet versus fleet battles in EVE with all the explosions, weapons fire and other flashy stuff.
I'm not sure even that would be enough; a premade of 5 good builds could probably take on 100 Lt/LtC randoms without much challenge. With the right buffs and power use, you could wipe half of them out in a single salvo.

It might work out on Cap and Hold maps, simply because you could never swat all the flies; but that would be imbalanced the OTHER direction.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 12
09-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
As I've brought up before, I have a dream of retrofit queues. For example, players will enter the tier 3 queue while piloting a tier 3 ship. Captains will be scaled accordingly. This way a lvl 50 character can be used to PvP with a lvl 30 ship, giving new PvPers a chance to learn to PvP without jumping in at a max-level ship and being overwhelmed by options. Other players might also enjoy the slower pace of lower tier combat and the chance to fly their favorite lower tier ships which cannot compete at max level.
That's a neat idea, I think about it every time I level a tune and wait 1+ hours to pop a queue. The only extra thing I'd add is to disable ant extra upper tier skill tree spec . Maybe don't allow end game sets and gear into lower tiers either.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
09-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Syberghoooost! You're our last hope!
Try to be less moderator and more developer! Good luck, you sole friend of pvpers!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
# 14
09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
The game really isn't designed for it. Also, it's here already if you change instances in Kerrat.

1. It's a power driven game an early ships don't have the boffs to boost there damage output, max sci or eng abilities.

2. Weapons grades are tied to captains not ships. So, while a high level captain can hop into a lower level ship and use MKXII, stf gear etc and somewhat make up for the lost Boff slots a Low level character would still be stuck w/MKIV gear.

3. There is no role a low level ship has that a higher level ship can't do better. Unlike a game like EvE there's no distinction of Weapon type to Target size. To elaborate in EvE a frig mounts small weapons which are good at tracking other Frigs. A medium weapon (usable by cruisers and up) can't track frigs as well and so on. Here the defensive to acc ratio is the only thing that matters, it's pretty basic as well.

That said low level raiders may be decent @ it since they have BC to maintain initiative.
Career Officer
# 15
09-14-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm pretty sure a VA/LG shuttle would wipe the pants off a Tier 1 or even Tier 2 ship
[23:35] Horta deals 1738411 (1538303) Toxic Damage to Centurion Engineer with Corrosive Acid.
Commander
# 16
09-14-2012, 11:09 AM
The only way I can see a multi-Tier PVP space battle, that would be successful, is if and only if everyone was set to level 50 automatically my the match player level system already in the game and if and only if restrictions on quantity of Tier ships were in place.

Such as:
2 T5
2 T4
6 T3
10 T2 & T1

This would make for a 20 verse 20 match. Which would be epic and awesome and it won?t happen!

EDIT: BTW the T2 & T1 can include shuttle craft and fighters.
Captain
# 17
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Kerrat. It's an open zone for factional PvP, with a PvE mission and PvE opponents for slow days. I run my still-just-a-captain Fed there regularly, and regularly get killed by the KDF Lt. Generals who turn up...but sometimes I get lucky or he screws up.

'tis already an open zone, already has everything you need, except a decent scoring system, and I take my Klink in her very-first-BoP in there fairly often (She's L50), to test builds and fill up the missions for Dilithium ("A good Day to die" fills quick when we get proper Fedballs going and someone in the opposition gets the lightbulb and they camp the spawn point-thanks guys, you make my Dilithium MUCH easier to get....)

We need more zones like Kerrat...maybe with different OpFor, but more of them, instead of the endless Ques that never fill or never pop.
Career Officer
# 18
09-14-2012, 02:08 PM
A lot of you pointed out that PvP needs a lot more than just this, I agree. I just came up with this idea and dicided to post it before I forget about it in the months (or years most likely) it would take Cryptic to actually start working on PvP.

Also, yes everyone would be set to lvl 50 so the lower level players would actually stand some sort of chance. Also some people didnt realize that the number of lower level ships would (some what) compensate for their lower performance.

Let me clarify one other thing: this idea is for a working PvP, I know we dont have that but like I said, I had the idea and felt like sharing it before I forgot.
Captain
# 19
09-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
I'm going to enjoy griefing low-level players that have less combined hull and shield healing than my BoP's DHC's able to put out in a single burst.

Actually, it ought to be plenty easy to just TBR-crash whole waves of ships that won't be able to hit my ship while I rake in the points.

[EDIT]

You are aware lower-tier ships also take more damage from, and receive less healing from, higher tier ships, right?
I was just thinking the same. I tear through a T5 cruiser in less than 3 - 5 secs.
Captain
# 20
09-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilion View Post
A lot of you pointed out that PvP needs a lot more than just this, I agree. I just came up with this idea and dicided to post it before I forget about it in the months (or years most likely) it would take Cryptic to actually start working on PvP.

Also, yes everyone would be set to lvl 50 so the lower level players would actually stand some sort of chance. Also some people didnt realize that the number of lower level ships would (some what) compensate for their lower performance.

Let me clarify one other thing: this idea is for a working PvP, I know we dont have that but like I said, I had the idea and felt like sharing it before I forgot.
Cool bud, it makes sense to have them at the same level.