Starfleet Veteran
A suggestion for the development team to make fleet marks a account wide pool, with the fleet events and foundry missons and bonus fleet mark events at times can be daunting to raise the fleet marks for your Starbase Projects sometimes difficult, a suggestion to change the way fleet marks are earned into a pool where any character can pull from their account wide fleet mark pool ( any character earning fleet marks goes into a account wide pool). One of my problems right now on some of my alts some of them have 800+fleet marks and have no way due to faction restriction or other factors.

One of the problems at this point in the game is there is a portion of the playerbase who does dailies on their toons for fleet marks, dilithium, etc, staying within topic , fleet marks especially, start to build up on alts who are not currently in fleets, but don't want to keep inviting alts to their fleets and remove them just to donate their fleet marks, a fleet can benefit from having a fleet mark pool drawing from all those alts, wouldn't you like to have less grind and more time to play the game?

Some of the benefits of having a fleet mark account pool:

-Less grind for characters who are in a fleets being able to draw from all marks from account.

-Smaller fleets can benefit from this especially if they have lots of alts being able to draw from all of their alts instead of having every one of their alts in a fleet taking up valuable roster space

-If they added in more dailies doing them on multiple alts with the fleet mark pool would benefit as well

-Cryptic benefits as well selling more account character slots

If anyone else has any Pros or Cons to add to this list feel free to give your input.

Last edited by zimmerman1979; 09-14-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Changed Title
Career Officer
# 2
09-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Won't happen, if you want to use your alts to donate to your fleet why don't you just invite them to your fleet and leave them there?

your benefits.
1 less grind... How will this be, you'll still have to run the same amount of fleet events to get the marks, unless you are solely wanting to do this to use your alts commendation xp to grind to fleet marks and give to your main to get a huge fleet credit tally on one account only.

2. smaller fleets won't need to save roster space in their fleet as they are *smaller fleets* if your fleet disallows you to use your alts in the fleet surely they are just cutting off a source of donations and limiting how much time you play as a fleet

3. adding more dailies would just be more grinding with your alts to get the fleet marks, which is is in contrast to benefit #1

Most people who have Klingon alts would rather be in klingon fleets to get a klingon starbase done, and prob just as many wouldn't want to grind their klingon to benefit the federation
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-14-2012, 04:26 AM
I have always wanted something like this for EC, Dilithium and Latinum. Something I thought they were going to implement with the account bank. Obviously I was proven wrong.

As for Fleet Marks, like with everything else Cryptic will just scream exploit, a reason why this game isn't as good as it could be. Look at Lobi, Consoles not being account bind etc and so on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 4
09-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I have always wanted something like this for EC, Dilithium and Latinum. Something I thought they were going to implement with the account bank. Obviously I was proven wrong.
You can deposit EC into the Account Bank for other alts to take out.
Captain
# 5
09-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Plus one to this thread. Being a grind fest seriously killed this game for me. Normal grinding wouldn't be such an issue, but when you make a lot of alts, then is just gets to be too much. It's ridiculous. Either make it a single pool for all characters or make it so ALL currencies are able to be stored and traded in the account bank. other wise, i might as well just delete all the alts i have since grinding for them as well would just be too much.

Please fix that for the casual players.
Career Officer
# 6
09-14-2012, 05:25 AM
I support the OP's idea, nice one.
Captain
# 7
09-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Gamma Sigma Command or house of Gamma sigma (KDF) which is a fleet I am in actually allow Alts which can help with the grinding process especially for starbases so is may be advisable asking your fleet leader if he will allow Alts
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppardus View Post
You can deposit EC into the Account Bank for other alts to take out.
I already do that, just a pain with the Dilithium and got nothing for the Latinum though I suppose the latter is totally useless in this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lieutenant
# 9
09-14-2012, 07:58 AM
I kind of agree in part with the original post, but with better guidelines. For example:

Only alts in the same fleet together should able to pool their FM. This way no fleets get exploited.
Captain
# 10
09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Account Bank can be used on both Fed and KDF side the account bank is account wide.

Witch i do like this option be cause if i go to play my KDF and need ec i just put it in the account wide option.

And no i do not think the Account wide Fleet marks are needed be cause as of right now i don't need it be cause i got tons of toons as is with 3 accounts.I mostly do daily officer reports 50+ each day.