Ensign
I don't intend to troll or be negative but I have to be negative at this time. I don't find it acceptable how the user account from cryptic is converted to a perfect world account. I could not even use my old account name and had to choose one which is more a must than a favorite choice. Then I could not use my old user name since it was already in use - oh! really! - well.

Now I have to live with a complicated account name and a stupid looking, numbered "shril1". I feel very uncomfortable with this and it became even worse when PW passed over some congratulations after forcefully changing my user data by using my own hands. It feels like digging my own grave! This issue could have been dealt with much more customer friendly and I don't know if I even get used to this. I strongly doubt it. I want my Cryptic user account and in game name back because it causes me troubles to remember. Imagine every service provider would behave that way! I would need to create an MS Excel file to handle all of the new and old account names I use on the internet!

I hope something is done about this issue.

Thanks,
"shril1" formerly amb or Shril
Captain
# 2
09-14-2012, 03:33 AM
We knew this would happen sooner or later...

If it makes you feel the tinyiest bit better: I fully agree with you... It stinks.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 3
09-14-2012, 03:38 AM
It's a problem many of us had back when it started, some of us like myself were lucky enough to keep our usernames (though minus the capitalization because we're not important) it's something we'll just have to grin and bare.

also, I'm long past trying to remember my login details for everything. I already have a piece of paper that I keep all my login data on, I have about *checks* 58 different login and passwords I currently keep track of. Some of those could probably be scribbled out by now though.
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 4
09-14-2012, 03:44 AM
No one should have to grin and bare it. They should let it known in advance when they are gong to pull a stunt like this with someones account.

Then again, PWE have no morals.
Career Officer
# 5
09-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
No one should have to grin and bare it. They should let it known in advance when they are gong to pull a stunt like this with someones account.

Then again, PWE have no morals.
I believe they did, they gave us the option to do this voluntarily up to a point when they were going to just outright force it.
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 6
09-14-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
I believe they did, they gave us the option to do this voluntarily up to a point when they were going to just outright force it.
Yep, your right, I forgot, I stand corrected.

Still stinks.
Career Officer
# 7
09-14-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Yep, your right, I forgot, I stand corrected.

Still stinks.
On that we can most definately agree.
Joined August 2008
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-14-2012, 09:56 AM
and I bet they didn't even leave cab fare on the nightstand.......
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Community Moderator
# 9
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shril1 View Post
Imagine every service provider would behave that way!
They all would; incorporating newly-purchased companies into the parent company's accounts database is standard industry practice. You wouldn't believe how much time we spend on it at the Fortune 500 global megacorp I work for, or how often it causes me personal angst when we get a new employee with my name and incorporating his company resorts the order things appear in various directories.

I've got news for you; if the PWE purchase hadn't happened, you'd be complaining about how your account got changed into an Atari account by now.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 10
09-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I've got news for you; if the PWE purchase hadn't happened, you'd be complaining about how your account got changed into an Atari account by now.
See I disagree with this part... Why... Let me explain to you:

1: Atari knew how to integrate Cryptic accounts into their own systems, not vice versa. Very good example: Atari Points... You could buy them from Cryptics Stand Alone page, they worked in every Atari Point supported game and worked just fine.

2: Do you REALLY, SERIOUSLY, and HONESTLY believe Atari would have run with Cryptic as a Sub-company for 3 years without integrating them well before that? If you say yes, I don't believe you.

while yes... It's not uncommon that large companies absorb the newly bought companies customer database into their own (heck, I even understand it), it's pretty obvious that it wasnt the case, at least not directly, with Atari.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos