Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 31
09-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Why would you need 2 ships to be in 2 different places at once if the ship is a time ship? Just finish 1 area then go back in time to do the other - or forward.
It is difficult to code that type of time travel in the game and I doubt Cryptic devs are up to the task.

Travelling back or forwards into the future a few hundred years is very possible. Travelling a minute in the future or past is not as easy to do.
Career Officer
# 32
09-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Well I still think the Starfleet insignia on the Hull of the Wells is a dead give-away that it's a faction specific ship.

If Cryptic left that detail out, they are simply not thorough enough.

Ignore it all you want... The Wells is a federation Starship...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lieutenant
# 33
09-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I seem to be alone in this conclusion, but 1000 days is a pretty long time.
Captain
# 34
09-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esuzi View Post
I seem to be alone in this conclusion, but 1000 days is a pretty long time.
A dev has already stated that the wells is not going to be a veteran reward. The last ask cryptic also stated the wells and korath would be coming out this month. The veteran reward won't be out until october 11th. It's possible the developers are trying to fool us but I don't think that is the case. I also doubt crytpic would make a science ship the veteran reward. Science is probably the least used class of ships in the game.
Captain
# 35
09-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stf65 View Post
A dev has already stated that the wells is not going to be a veteran reward. The last ask cryptic also stated the wells and korath would be coming out this month. The veteran reward won't be out until october 11th. It's possible the developers are trying to fool us but I don't think that is the case. I also doubt crytpic would make a science ship the veteran reward. Science is probably the least used class of ships in the game.
Not 100% positive but the Korath could be the first T5 Klingon sci ship if it comes out.
Captain
# 36
09-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Not 100% positive but the Korath could be the first T5 Klingon sci ship if it comes out.
I don't think most KDF players will make it to 1,000 days, so making the only T5 Science Vessel a Vet Reward would seem a little useless.

It's fine if it ends up being a C-Store ship, but as a Vet Reward it's just a slap in the face, IMO.
Captain
# 37
09-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
And how can you be a Trek fan and not be a time travel fan? Time travel is traditional in Trek. You're not a Trek series until you've messed with time at least once.
Tradition-Mine-Arse. It's an incredibly lazy plot device that will almost make me disregard any work of fiction outright every time it pops up. RAAAAAAGE! Rant! Curse! Carry on! RAAAAH!!

<Ahem>

Let's just say I got really sick of Voyagers early seasons. Time Travel Police.... Baaaarf....

And now they want to put them in this game..... nothing is sacred.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 38
09-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Time travel and sci fi go hand in hand.

To refute a plot line that allows for great diversity is to hamper development, and given it's been 2409 in the start trek universe since the game launch doesn't allow for much development, can only do so much in a static time period before it becomes unbelievable and unrealistic. Inputting the code to allow for time progression in the game could be impracticable, there fore what option is left open to the dev to do that will keep the game interesting, keep players coming back and spending money and time, very little.

Not liking time travel in a sci fi game, movie, or tv show, is similar to not liking air or water, just like we need both of those to live, sci fi needs certain aspects to thrive and keep being interesting.

That said, to much of 1 thing is just as bad as not enough.
Republic Veteran
# 39
09-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I don't think most KDF players will make it to 1,000 days, so making the only T5 Science Vessel a Vet Reward would seem a little useless.

It's fine if it ends up being a C-Store ship, but as a Vet Reward it's just a slap in the face, IMO.
Personally I would rather see the time ships a vet reward...less of a chance seeing a lot of people flying around in those time ships.
Captain
# 40
09-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Personally I would rather see the time ships a vet reward...less of a chance seeing a lot of people flying around in those time ships.
They already confirmed they won't be vet ships, so it's either lock boc or C-store. I would prefer c-store as they are account wide unlocks, but my betting is they will be the prize in the next lock box coming in a week