Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
09-15-2012, 09:56 PM
What about the Gal X, i thought that was a ship from a timeline which no longer exists?

Yet here we are with it? :p

My guess on how the time ship comes into players hands are..

nth-day Vet reward, (seems reasonable)

Or

Lockboxes...

-blah blah blah- *tholians* *blah bah blah* time distorted *blah* timespacecontinum *blah* so they are now in some neat little lockboxes *BLAH!* that require these obscure keys, and each box happens to have a crystal in them for *blah* ferengi *blah* lottery

Back to the OP's shuttle question, I side with the response that has the gist... 'another fed shuttle? :/...' (we use shuttles in like 3 missions, feds get at least a dozen choices, kdf gets... 3 [not including lobi shuttles], but thats another debate )
Republic Veteran
# 12
09-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
What about the Gal X, i thought that was a ship from a timeline which no longer exists?

Yet here we are with it? :p

My guess on how the time ship comes into players hands are..

nth-day Vet reward, (seems reasonable)

Or

Lockboxes...

-blah blah blah- *tholians* *blah bah blah* time distorted *blah* timespacecontinum *blah* so they are now in some neat little lockboxes *BLAH!* that require these obscure keys, and each box happens to have a crystal in them for *blah* ferengi *blah* lottery

Back to the OP's shuttle question, I side with the response that has the gist... 'another fed shuttle? :/...' (we use shuttles in like 3 missions, feds get at least a dozen choices, kdf gets... 3 [not including lobi shuttles], but thats another debate )

"sighs" The same old tired Gal-X argument, just because it was from a alternate timeline doesn't mean that it couldn't/wouldn't be developed in this timeline. There is also another big difference...the Gal-X isn't from a timeline 400 years in the future...its from a time period which was here and gone. So really...that argument holds no real water here.
Career Officer
# 13
09-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Such negativity!

Personally, I can't wait for a Wells ship! I love time stuff. And I like cute, small, excotic, yet versitile ships -- indeed like that Aeon ship Braxton had. And like the Orb Weaver. So much more my thing than just yet another cruiser... yawn.
Career Officer
# 14
09-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
I 100% agree. I will have a really good laugh over how they try to explain how they are able to be played ingame when they are from 400 years into the future... :rolleyes:
Use your imagination! This could work fantastically! Let's say, indeed, we can hardly fully understand these ships... and sell em as such! Then, thru a series of painstaking upgrade cycles -- akin to the enhancing the Reman tech -- you unlock more and more of your ships abilities along the way. I'd totally love that!

As for how they got here, not a big deal: they're time ships. Maybe the fleet commander of a future wells squadron made a tiny miscalculation -- or they got stuck in an ion storm or some such -- and several dozen got warped to our time as a result. Not more outlandish than any other Star Trek lore.

Remember, it's a game; we're supposed to have fun! :)
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-16-2012, 07:38 AM
we don't know if wells class was designed as temporal beam ,time scan ship at first ! i would buy it as a pack like the odyssey pack and a small craft like the aeon ship ,TNG time ship or ENT bigger inside time ship would be nice
Captain
# 16
09-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Why are we supposedly getting a 29th century Timeship again?! WTF? Why don't they just give us the Ent-J while they're at it, since that one is only 200 years more advanced. lol
The NX and the Odyssey have 358 years between them. If they can sit next to each other at Earth Spacedock how is that any different then an Odyssey sitting next to a Wells?

Having done the few time travel adventures already in STO, older ships are really not weaker then modern ships. In Night of the Comet I am not blowing up the 150 year old Klingon ships any faster then I am 25th century Klingon ships. It is the same in the Past Imperfect adventure.

It is fairly clear that more modern does not necessarily make you more powerful in this game.
Republic Veteran
# 17
09-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stf65 View Post
The NX and the Odyssey have 358 years between them. If they can sit next to each other at Earth Spacedock how is that any different then an Odyssey sitting next to a Wells?

Having done the few time travel adventures already in STO, older ships are really not weaker then modern ships. In Night of the Comet I am not blowing up the 150 year old Klingon ships any faster then I am 25th century Klingon ships. It is the same in the Past Imperfect adventure.

It is fairly clear that more modern does not necessarily make you more powerful in this game.
There is a huge difference, the difference being the NX has been designed built and and put to rest. The Wells is a ship that won't be designed for centuries.

Look what happened with that shuttle? It destroyed Earth and what the whole Sol system? Why...because some idiot who didn't know what he was doing played with it. So you suggest we have dozens of these ships flying around? Captains don't know what in a blue hell what they are doing? A powder keg just waiting to blow and take half the galaxy with it.
Captain
# 18
09-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
There is a huge difference, the difference being the NX has been designed built and and put to rest. The Wells is a ship that won't be designed for centuries.

Look what happened with that shuttle? It destroyed Earth and what the whole Sol system? Why...because some idiot who didn't know what he was doing played with it. So you suggest we have dozens of these ships flying around? Captains don't know what in a blue hell what they are doing? A powder keg just waiting to blow and take half the galaxy with it.
It seems to me you are spending a lot of time telling us what you think the ship is. It might be better to wait and see what the ship is. Hyperbole is somewhat pointless right now.

As per my example above, if I told you a TOS era klingon ship could defeat a 25th century odyssey it sounds just as stupid. You blow up the same negvars in your miranda at level 5 that you blow up in your odyssey at level 50. That's just the way things work in this game. The continuity clashes are overlooked to please fans who want the things they want.
Republic Veteran
# 19
09-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stf65 View Post
It seems to me you are spending a lot of time telling us what you think the ship is. It might be better to wait and see what the ship is. Hyperbole is somewhat pointless right now.

As per my example above, if I told you a TOS era klingon ship could defeat a 25th century odyssey it sounds just as stupid. You blow up the same negvars in your miranda at level 5 that you blow up in your odyssey at level 50. That's just the way things work in this game. The continuity clashes are overlooked to please fans who want the things they want.
Don't seem to get its not only the fact that the Wells is from centuries in the future...the time patrol, why would they let a ship that could potentially destroy star systems for the simple fact of miscalculation fall into the hands of some primitives?

For those that say maybe all of the future tech was destroyed? Then what is the point of the ship? If it has nothing special then why build it?
Captain
# 20
09-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Don't seem to get its not only the fact that the Wells is from centuries in the future...the time patrol, why would they let a ship that could potentially destroy star systems for the simple fact of miscalculation fall into the hands of some primitives?

For those that say maybe all of the future tech was destroyed? Then what is the point of the ship? If it has nothing special then why build it?
I think you are not getting the fact that it is a game. It follows no continuity. As I said above, things are in this game because fans want them in the game. There is no logical reason why an NX, Connie, or any of the other outdated ships should be in this game. They are here because some fans have fun using them. It is the same with the Wells.

These things are not in the game to uphold canon or continuity. They are in the game because Trek fans enjoy using them. It is really just that simple.