Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 61
09-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The only difference of the R and the X is the R have a extra Science console as the X have a extra Tactical Console.

And those extra consoles come when the abilities stop being build-in and became consoles, the Galaxy R only had 2 Science consoles and the Galaxy X only had 2 Tactical consoles.

IF they gone back to being build-in then you think the consoles would remain as they were? they would go back to the old number because you only have those consoles because of they stop being build-in and were turned into consoles.

So you want 3 Tactical consoles or 2 Tactical consoles and a Cloak? Because you are not going to get to have your cake and eat it too.
I think you are overlooking entirely what I said. If you read my WHOLE post, and not just the part you quoted, I was saying ALL ships with abilities like that should either A) Have them built in, like a Klingon cloak, or B) Have a SEPARATE console set for those abilities.

I was simply trying to offer up a way for people to have the abilities of these ships without losing out on the true potential of these ships and still enable PWE to make money, esp with abilities specific to those ships.

Allow me to clarify. I will use the tactical escort refit, retrofit, and fleet version as an example. All of them have X number of tac, engi, and sci slots (whatever they come with). But each of them also has an empty console slot in it's own category, called cloak. Now if you do it that way, PWE will still make their money, because you will still need to buy the retrofit to get the cloak, but if you do that, you now have this cloak console you can put in that separate console slot on ANY of those ships, giving you that nasty little cloak WITHOUT getting rid of some defense (sci/eng), attack power (tac), or utility (sci/eng) slot.

Another example, the Odysseys and Bortasque classes. They have their 10 consoles like we all love them for, and then 3 separate slots off in their own category. Each oddy/bort comes with it's console, and you can put it in that slot. That way PWE still forces you to get all 3 in order to use the oddy/bort set, but you can still use the oddy/bort set bonus and not lose out on ANY of your 10 consoles.

Basically what I propose is giving the ships back a little bit of their oomph (or in the case of ships that can carry multiple ability consoles, like the oddy and bort, a lot of their oomph).

So yes, I want my cake in order to eat it. Sorry bro.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,632
# 62
09-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I think you are overlooking entirely what I said. If you read my WHOLE post, and not just the part you quoted, I was saying ALL ships with abilities like that should either A) Have them built in, like a Klingon cloak, or B) Have a SEPARATE console set for those abilities.

I was simply trying to offer up a way for people to have the abilities of these ships without losing out on the true potential of these ships and still enable PWE to make money, esp with abilities specific to those ships.

Allow me to clarify. I will use the tactical escort refit, retrofit, and fleet version as an example. All of them have X number of tac, engi, and sci slots (whatever they come with). But each of them also has an empty console slot in it's own category, called cloak. Now if you do it that way, PWE will still make their money, because you will still need to buy the retrofit to get the cloak, but if you do that, you now have this cloak console you can put in that separate console slot on ANY of those ships, giving you that nasty little cloak WITHOUT getting rid of some defense (sci/eng), attack power (tac), or utility (sci/eng) slot.

Another example, the Odysseys and Bortasque classes. They have their 10 consoles like we all love them for, and then 3 separate slots off in their own category. Each oddy/bort comes with it's console, and you can put it in that slot. That way PWE still forces you to get all 3 in order to use the oddy/bort set, but you can still use the oddy/bort set bonus and not lose out on ANY of your 10 consoles.

Basically what I propose is giving the ships back a little bit of their oomph (or in the case of ships that can carry multiple ability consoles, like the oddy and bort, a lot of their oomph).

So yes, I want my cake in order to eat it. Sorry bro.
lol indeed. What I meant when i said you would break them is if each one had its ability built in then there would be no 3 pice console bonus and i think would devalue the whole set. Thats the up side of consoles being powers. Could be neat if they made a few of them device powers instead.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 63
09-17-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
lol indeed. What I meant when i said you would break them is if each one had its ability built in then there would be no 3 pice console bonus and i think would devalue the whole set. Thats the up side of consoles being powers. Could be neat if they made a few of them device powers instead.
Slight wall of text warning.

Heh, yeah. Seeing as what you said here, what do you think of my idea to make them like hangars and have the ability consoles have their own area? That would allow for you to still have the full set bonus, without totally smacking the ship in the face (since let's face it, the oddy and bort set bonuses do not excuse removing 3 consoles to get it). Cuz that was what I had in mind originally, and thought of it AFTER I posted, cuz I agree, makin them abilities devalues the set and makes it so that you can't rewarded for either A) spending the money, or B) grinding like a madman to get all X number of pieces needed for a full set bonus.

The way I see it, doing it that way is fair because first off it still makes it worth getting all X number of pieces to get your bonus and still gets PWE it's money. Secondly, it allows you to keep the original strength of the ship and doesn't force you to lose consoles, which translate into ship ability. And lastly, it makes the ship more desirable because you are keeping the ship at it's base stats and possibly getting a bonus to go with it.

You know, I just figured an even better one. Make the ships with ability consoles have those separate console slots and allow ability consoles to go there EXCEPT on ships that have sets with multiple pieces. Those ships, you have to have all the pieces before you can put the ability consoles into the ability console slots. Until you get the full sets, those consoles have to take up regular console slots. That way it encourages you to get the full sets to avoid losing out on console slots you can put a neutronium, field generator, or damage buffing console in.

Oh and in response to another part, the red-matter device is a device based power lol.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,632
# 64
09-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Slight wall of text warning.

Heh, yeah. Seeing as what you said here, what do you think of my idea to make them like hangars and have the ability consoles have their own area? That would allow for you to still have the full set bonus, without totally smacking the ship in the face (since let's face it, the oddy and bort set bonuses do not excuse removing 3 consoles to get it). Cuz that was what I had in mind originally, and thought of it AFTER I posted, cuz I agree, makin them abilities devalues the set and makes it so that you can't rewarded for either A) spending the money, or B) grinding like a madman to get all X number of pieces needed for a full set bonus.

The way I see it, doing it that way is fair because first off it still makes it worth getting all X number of pieces to get your bonus and still gets PWE it's money. Secondly, it allows you to keep the original strength of the ship and doesn't force you to lose consoles, which translate into ship ability. And lastly, it makes the ship more desirable because you are keeping the ship at it's base stats and possibly getting a bonus to go with it.

You know, I just figured an even better one. Make the ships with ability consoles have those separate console slots and allow ability consoles to go there EXCEPT on ships that have sets with multiple pieces. Those ships, you have to have all the pieces before you can put the ability consoles into the ability console slots. Until you get the full sets, those consoles have to take up regular console slots. That way it encourages you to get the full sets to avoid losing out on console slots you can put a neutronium, field generator, or damage buffing console in.

Oh and in response to another part, the red-matter device is a device based power lol.
Indeed it would be nice not to have to sacrafice so much for what is a prety weak bonus to begin with. One day maybe.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 65
09-17-2012, 08:24 AM
i love my galaxy r, but have recently switched to my galaxy x, the R, is an under powered ship for her class and needs some improvement, just the same the galaxy x needs a boost in the turn rate.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,839
# 66
09-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Just my personal thoughts here.
With the introduction of the Regent Class we have seen that a cruiser can have much more tac BOFF slots without breaking the game "balance" (lol).

Why on earth do ships we have seen on tv do have to be so unflexible. We have seen that it is possible that cruisers can be even tactical focussed, why can't the Galaxy Class be as versatile as it is supposed to be?
I just don't understand this.


Live long and prosper.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 67
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Allow me to clarify. I will use the tactical escort refit, retrofit, and fleet version as an example. All of them have X number of tac, engi, and sci slots (whatever they come with). But each of them also has an empty console slot in it's own category, called cloak. Now if you do it that way, PWE will still make their money, because you will still need to buy the retrofit to get the cloak, but if you do that, you now have this cloak console you can put in that separate console slot on ANY of those ships, giving you that nasty little cloak WITHOUT getting rid of some defense (sci/eng), attack power (tac), or utility (sci/eng) slot.
First, you cannot claim a Tactical Escort Retrofit without being Lv 50.

Meaning your example is already bad because the Tactical Escort refit (that is the Sao Paulo) is a T4 ship that is identical to to Tactical Escort except it have a different skin and comes with Quad Phaser Canons-

Second you idea is very much getting yet another console slot, they already done so when abilities were changed into consoles, not to say you wan for then to add a USELESS slot because why should I have to use a Cloak with the Tactical Escort retrofit? I would perhaps rather use another, more useful, console that Cloak that is not that useful (seen many Galaxy-Xs around?).

And I point again if they change the abilities you are going to lose the console slot they given when abilities were turned into consoles.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 68
09-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Since the skill tree revamp prefire chambers are useless. A mk X prefire chamber gives you a 14% damage increase with only cannon type weapons where as a mk x phaser relay gives you a 20.6% damage increase in all weapons using phaser type energy.

As for the R you are loosing the ability to slot a number of shield enhancing consoles in your 3rd science slot so yes there is a sacrafice there. 6 beam arrays is an enormus power drain broad side and only an engineer can really support it. Even then it takes some doing. I would suggest a DBB up front for a little extra punch heading into your target and maybe a EPTW to help with the power drain, EPTW also adds a 10% damage bonus.

Not saying your build is in any way bad just suggesting you tailor it to compensate for the things you find lacking.
Actually i switched around some consoles to try to add 3rd field genrator but no better results. Its seem no matter what i do, my ship is inadequate.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 69
09-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
Where did you get that idea from?
It's wrong!
All +% damage is additive, not only from same type. That includes contributions from skills (Starship Weapon Training, Straship Energy Weapons). By using that prefire chamber you're losing dps.
That's also one common mistake, to overestimate the effect of one additional Tac console: skills already add nearly 200% base damage, so a single console makes it 300% -> 324% - an 8% increase. Even less if you already have two consoles.
Of course, this only makes your mistake with the prefire have very little effect - you lose less than 3% in dps. It's still a mistake.
Yeah, but we are not here complaining about my Dreadnought. The prefire chamber is an easy fix. I just borr0wed Phaser relay from one of my older ships. We are complaining about the Galaxy-R.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 09-17-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,610
# 70
09-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
First, you cannot claim a Tactical Escort Retrofit without being Lv 50.

Meaning your example is already bad because the Tactical Escort refit (that is the Sao Paulo) is a T4 ship that is identical to to Tactical Escort except it have a different skin and comes with Quad Phaser Canons-

Second you idea is very much getting yet another console slot, they already done so when abilities were changed into consoles, not to say you wan for then to add a USELESS slot because why should I have to use a Cloak with the Tactical Escort retrofit? I would perhaps rather use another, more useful, console that Cloak that is not that useful (seen many Galaxy-Xs around?).

And I point again if they change the abilities you are going to lose the console slot they given when abilities were turned into consoles.
You once again miss the point of what I am saying. I am simply saying why not give them a different TYPE of console. Yes it adds a console, but it adds one SPECIFICALLY for that cloak. How many times do I have to explain it? Should I draw a picture? Or can you please look more than 2 millimeters past your own nose and actually keep on open mind to what I am suggesting?

I am not forcing you to use the cloak. I am simply offering an alternative to what they currently have. You can either use the cloak or not use it. In your case I honestly don't care. But I am just giving a way for you to use said cloak without having to sacrifice one of your standard consoles to do so.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 PM.